Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
580
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
9
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,411

Because It's Friday And I'm In Love

Summary:

Tim loves his life. Especially Kon.

Work Text:

Because It's Friday, And I'm In Love

School had just ended, and it was Friday, but that wasn't why Tim Drake was in such a good mood. Or, rather, his good mood had nothing to do with the lack of school in the next two and a half days, and everything to do with what he'd be doing instead. He knew that he'd aced his history test that morning, which would make his father happy. He'd arranged to go to a movie with Ives the next week, which would make Dana happy. During his very boring AP Science class, he'd come up with the tentative formula for an odorless tranquilizer gas that would probably come in very handy when he and Batman had to subdue a large number of crooks. And now it was Friday afternoon, which meant that instead of heading home for a few hours before patrolling with Batman, he was headed to the Justice Cave and the weekly YJ meeting. Tim quickly checked over his duffle bag and made sure he had everything he'd need for the weekend: spare uniforms, his utility belt, his first aid kit, the sci-fi novel he'd been reading, his English homework, and his 'Impulse Control' kit, which included all that one needed to distract a speedster from making mayhem. Everything from water balloons to silly string, and, of course, a large supply of duct tape. Tim loved spending time with Young Justice and fighting criminals, who (more often than not) were a cause for laughter, instead of concern, what with the parlor tricks and pranks their 'crimes' resembled. He loved hanging out with his friends, eating way too much greasy pizza and watching way too many cheesy horror movies. Interspersed with the occasional episode of Wendy: The Werewolf Stalker, of course. He loved it when Kon would show up at his window at night, after the others had gone to bed, and sneak inside to spend time with him. He loved it when Kon kissed him, and touched him, and... It made him blush to think about it, but he was sure that, one day, when they were both ready, he'd love making love with Kon. He loved Kon, after all, and- Tim lurched to a halt and froze, reflexively slinging his bag into the Batwing and heading at a much slower pace to prepare the mini-jet for takeoff. He quickly reviewed his thoughts, and found them true. He...he loved Kon? When did that happen? How did that happen? And most importantly, why did that happen? Well, the why was obvious. But...how did he not notice that he was in love with his best friend slash boyfriend? Chuckling at his own lack of self-awareness, Tim shook his head. He supposed that Babs was right. The Batboys were oblivious of their own emotions, more often than not. A smile spread across Tim's face. He loved Kon. And he definitely wasn't oblivious to that. Stifling the giggles of happiness that threatened to bubble up from inside him, Tim took off and headed towards Happy Harbor. He had something important to tell Kon. Tim quickly checked the time on the dashboard clock and grinned. No one ever really knew when they fell in love with someone...but Tim Drake knew exactly what time it was when he realized he was in love with Kon. 4:11 PM on April 19th, 2002.