Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
834
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
3
Hits:
726

Sweetest Goodbye

Summary:

Will Slade and Lex be able to stay together?

Work Text:

Slade sat in the backyard that he and Lex shared. They had been together for over a year now, and instead of things getting better, as they should have been, things were only getting worse, and he didn't know why. Sighing softly, he ran his hands through his dark black hair, and wondered what Lex was going to complain about now. There was never a moments peace, between them anymore, and Slade completely hated it.

Sure, there had been some things they needed to get used to, like the fact that they had been attracted to each other. However, after spending some time together, they had begun to realize their true feelings for each other, and realized that they loved each other. Now though, you wouldn't think they were dating, with the way that Lex was acting, you would think that Slade had shot his dog, or something close to that.

Hearing a noise in the kitchen, Slade stayed where he was, sitting on the porch in the backyard. Things between them were so stressed, and the couple couldn't talk to each other. They seemed to think the other was too far away to reach, so they both had given up. And now here they were, Slade couldn't walk into the house, after work, and take a seat on the sofa, just to relax, without Lex throwing a fit.

"Slade, I need to talk to you. Can you come inside, please?" Lex asked, making Slade snap out of his thoughts. He nodded, and then quickly got up, following his boyfriend back into their house, and took a seat at the table, while Lex took a seat on the sofa. "I want you to quit your job, and stay home with me. I don't like how you go to work everyday, and I never know if you're gonna cheat on me."

Slade stared at Lex in shock. He loved the other man more than life itself, but to stay home every single day, all day? Slade couldn't do that. He liked his job, hell, it gave him an excuse to leave the house, when things were really tense, and for that, Slade was deadly thankful. Sighing, he looked at Lex. "I can't just up and quit my job. How are we going to survive? We won't have any money if I quit."

Slade said, hoping that Lex wouldn't know he was trying to weasel his way to keeping his job, so that he could still leave the house when he needed to. Lex stared at Slade. "Do you not love me? Is that it? It is, isn't it? If you did, you wouldn't want to leave me here alone." Lex said, his expression turning hurt. Slade bit his tongue to keep from yelling at his boyfriend's ridiculous behavior.

Lex stared at Slade, waiting to see what he was going to do. The two of them sat in silence for a while, neither one of them wanted to talk. They didn't know what to say to each other, and Slade hated it, completely. He loved Lex, and wanted to keep him as his boyfriend, but knew that if things didn't change, then the two of them would end up hating each other, and that was the last thing that he wanted.

Sighing again, Slade finally nodded. "Fine Lex, I'll give up my job." He said, hating himself as he said it. When Lex smiled at him, and the rushed forward, kissing him hungrily, Slade knew that things were going to end up going all to hell. The two of them had tempers, were hard headed, and always wanted things to be their way. It was gonna be a hell of a battle, Slade knew. He held in a sigh, as Lex continued to kiss him, please to find out he had gotten his way, yet again. Slade rolls his eyes.

Later that night, as they lay in bed talking, after making love, Slade was still feeling resentful of Lex, but wasn't going to say so. They had finally come to an agreement an hour ago, and he wanted this peace to at least last a little while, like for an hour or two, before everything started to get crazy again. Slade ran a hand through his dark black hair, wishing things were the way they used to be, calm, and peaceful.

Getting out of bed, he saw knew that Lex was watching him. He went take a shower, and then, as he dressed, Slade spoke loudly, so that Lex could hear him through the thin walls. "I want to break up, Lex. We are too far apart. We don't care for each other the same way that we used
to, and I'm just tired of playing this game, that never ever seems to end. He walked out of the bathroom a few minutes later, and back into the
room. "So kiss me, and let me leave. It'll be our sweetest goodbye, which I need..."

The End.