Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
816
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
879

Nobody 'Til You

Summary:

Will Bray be able to handle his feelings for Tai-san?

Work Text:

Bray sighed softly. He continued to dig in silence. He wasn't very fond of the other men on his work crew. Bray was afraid of trusting any of them, because they could squeal on him at any given time, and tell the Technos of his plans. He was slowly forming a revolt, and the more people that were on his side, the better things would go for everybody. A noise nearby made him look up, and he set his shovel down. A woman was speaking to two of the prisoners, which struck Bray as a suspicious thing to do. Slowly and silently, he made his way over to the group of three.

When Bray was only a few feet away, he heard the woman's soft, calm voice, and realized that it was Tai-san. At least he thought it was. Trying to get a better look, Bray was shocked when he saw that it was indeed Tai-san. A shiver went down his spine, as he looked at his friend again, and saw that she was wearing a Techno uniform, and had a read Techno T, on her forehead. Bray rubbed his eyes, not believing what he was seeing. He just couldn't believe it. Tai-san was a Techno. It just couldn't be true. But yet it was, because as soon as Bray opened his eyes, he saw her again.

He was a little spooked when he opened his eyes the second time, to find Tai-san looking back at him. Bray was unprepared for the feelings of love and desire, that came rushing through his body, at the sight of her. Tai-san must have known that something was up, because she quickly finished her conversation with the two prisoners, and then quickly made her way over to him. Bray's heart rate began to speed up, and he wondered why. Then suddenly, a few moments later, it hit him. He loved her. The realization nearly knocked Bray off his feet.

He loved Tai-san. It was a shock to him to discover it. Tai-san smiled, as she reached Bray. He had a number of expressions cross his face as she made her way toward him. There was surprise, relief, happiness, and, was it her imagination, or did she actually see a look of love on his face, and in his eyes? Pulling herself together, Tai-san hugged Bray when she reached him, and felt automatic sparks. Wondering what that was about, Tai-san only smiled at her friend. Moments later, when Bray released her, part of Tai-san didn't want him to.

They stood there for several seconds, just looking at each other, taking in the others appearance. Tai-san felt a blush heat her cheeks, as thoughts like, 'Bray looks good,' and 'he looks fine,' ran through her mind. It had been a long time since she had seen any of the other Mall rats, but especially Bray, and now, seeing him again was doing something to her heart and body. Tai-san laughed, when Bray pulled her close again, for another hug. When the second hug ended, she felt better than she had in months.

"How are you?" Tai-san asked Bray. Her friend only shrugged and replied, "I'm alive, but just barely." Tai-san felt tears sting her eyes. She felt sorry for the pain and suffering that Bray and the other prisoners had gone through, and were still going through. Feeling the need to help Bray forget his pain for a while, Tai-san stood on her tip toes, and pressed a gentle kiss to Bray's lips. Her own actions surprised her, as well as Bray. It was a good type of surprise. Bray smiled sweetly, when Tai-san had laughed.

He loved her laugh, and had missed it. When Tai-san blushed, Bray wanted to hug her again, but he didn't want to embarass her again. When she got on her tip toes, and and kissed him, it was like he had finally found what had been missing in his life. It was like, he had finally found the last missing piece of the puzzle. When the kiss ended, Bray took Tai-san's hand's into his own. "I think that I love you." He said softly to her. Tai-san was surprised. Here was Bray, expressing his love to her, and she could only stare at him in shock.

And then suddenly, before she could stop it, the words were falling from her lips. "There was nobody, and has been nobody for me, the entire time that I've been here, and I have been here for two years, Bray. Nobody 'til you, that is." Tai-san said softly. Her smile told Bray that she
was completely serious, and his heart warmed at her words, and the love that he saw in her eyes. "I love you too, Bray." Tai-san said softly.
They kissed again, and made a vow together to try and help bring the Technos down.

The End.