Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,485
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,019

Learning to Live Again

Summary:

Will Brian be able to help Justin heal?

Work Text:

You're doing it, Justin. You're learning to live again." Brian whispered to the younger man, who lay sleeping in a hospital bed. He hadn't strayed far from his lover since the accident. The jeep was completely totaled, but for once, Brian could care less. He was too worried about Justin, who had woken up once, since having been brought to the hospital. Brian was actually scared for once. He was bleeding, but wasn't in any physical pain, which was why he refused to have a check-up. Brian pushed his brown hair out his eyes, and continued to watch Justin. The younger man was in bad shape, but Brian knew his lover would be okay.

When the nurse approached him again, he sighed, and then finally nodded. Brian watched as the nurse smiled for several moments, and then she motioned for him to follow her. Glancing back at Justin one last time, Brian then turned to follow the nurse. Justin was in pain. It was the first thought that formed in his foggy brain. He was about to roll over, but then became aware of something keeping him down. Justin slowly opened his eyes, and realized that he was in a hospital. Again. But why? Panic came over Justin, and he feared he'd gotten bashed again. But suddenly, something like a small movie began to play in his mind. He remembered leaving Babylon with Brian.

They had been laughing and joking around, as per usual. The only difference this time, was that Brian had been drunk, and Justin hadn't thought anything, of his lover getting behind the wheel of the jeep. Next, they had been driving around town for a bit, not a care in the world. That's when it had happened. As Brian went to turn, as the light turned green, a car slammed into Justin's side. A moment later, another car slammed into Brian's side of the jeep. Neither of the people in the other vehicles were hurt. Justin licked his lips, and then he pushed the button to call the nurses station. Moments later, a sweet female voice asked if everything was okay. "B-Brian K-Kinney."
Justin said softly.

Justin was surprised when a nurse walked into his room a few minutes later. She had a sweet face, and smiled at him, before saying. "Sir, you're not Brian Kinney. Your name is Justin Taylor. Do you remember that?" Justin resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He sighed softly, and then said, "I want to see him. Brian Kinney is my... friend." Justin finished lamely. The nurse nodded, instantly understanding it was more than that. She merely smiled, and then went to find the man. After Brian had finally let the nurse see to his injuries, he went to the cafeteria for a cup of coffee. On the way back to Justin's room, a nurse quickly walked up to him. Brian froze. "Excuse me sir, are you Brian Kinney?"

The question made Brian swallow the hot coffee without feeling it burn his throat. Moments later, he bolted for Justin's room. A soft sigh of relief escaped Brian, as he watched Justin talking to the doctor. Brian set down his coffee, and then he jumped, when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned to see the nurse smiling. "The young man in there, he loves you. He has been asking for you." Brian was about to reply, when the doctor walked out of Justin's room, joining them in the hallway. The nurse smiled, and then she walked off. "I've got Justin on medication." The doctor said to Brian. "He can go home tomorrow. I will send the prescription, so you will be able to pick it up. "

The doctor sighed. "Justin will need to continue taking the medicine, as well as take physical therapy again. I know Justin took physical therapy after the bashing, but with the accident, his hand's acting up and has gotten even worse." Brian stared at the doctor. "Are you using layman's terms on me?" He growled, his eyes blazing. The doctor nodded. "Yes sir, I am. I figured it would be easier for you to understand, rather than using medical terms." Brian rolled his eyes, and then opened the door, walking into Justin's room. The door closed behind him with a loud BANG! He took several moments, to look at his lover. However, when Justin got uncomfortable, Brian calmed down a bit, and smiled.

He took a seat in a chair near Justin's bed. "How are you, Sunushine?" Brian asked softly, taking Justin's hands into his own. "I want to go home." Justin said softly. When Brian shook his head no, Justin glared. When his lover didn't budge, he sighed. "I don't want to stay here. Bring me home, Brian." It was a command, not a request, and Brian got ready for an argument. However, trying to stay calm, he only tightened his grip on Justin's hands. He was glad when the action grabbed his lovers' attention. "You have to stay here for tonight. The doctor said I could take you home tomorrow. You're not going anywhere tonight, and that's final. So don't start whining."

Brian snapped angrily at his lover. When Justin looked hurt, Brian softened his tone. "You need to what the doctor says." Justin finally nodded. He was quiet for a moment, and then said, "What about the jeep? Will you still be able to use it?" When Justin asked about the jeep, Brian felt his chest tighten. He had loved his jeep. However, looking at his lover, Brian was glad that it was the jeep that was completely wrecked, and not Justin. "It's totaled. But don't worry, I'm going to buy a new one, so I can pick you up tomorrow." Justin nodded. "Sounds great, Brian." He said, his voice tight. Brian smiled gently. Then he kissed the younger man sweetly on the lips.

When the kiss ended, Brian pulled away. "Get some sleep, Sunshine. I'll call the others, and tell them you are okay. Your mom and Debbie will be especially relieved." Justin smiled, and then, getting comfortable, fell asleep. Brian watched Justin sleep for a few moments, and then, smiling, he left the room. He told the nurse on duty, that he was stepping out, and to come get him, if something happened to Justin while he was outside. 30 minutes later, Brian hung up his phone, after calling Jennifer and Debbie. He walks back into Justin's room, and made sure Justin was okay. A sigh escaped him, and, not knowing what to do, Brian left the room once again.

He needed a cigarette, and he needed one bad. Stepping outside, Brian lit one up, and took a drag. He didn't have any E on him, so for now, a cigarette would have to do. Moment's later, Brian let out a breath of smoke, the cigarette between his pointer finger, and his bird finger. Getting up, he walked around the outside of the hospital. He had called his work, and told his boss that an emergency had happened to one of his friends, and he would need a week off. When his boss had agreed, Brian had hung up immediately, not wanting to hear anything else from the other man. After finishing his cigarette, Brian checked on Justin once more.

Early the next morning, Brian went home. He had asked a friend to bring him to pick up his new jeep. Then Brian had gone home. He'd showered, changed, and then headed back to the hospital to pick Justin up. Pulling up at the hospital an hour later, Brian arrived as Justin was being wheeled out to meet him. He paused when Justin froze, but then sprung into action. Brian helped Justin into the jeep. Justin was so terrified that he was shaking. When Brian got into the jeep, he buckled up. Then, he took one of Justin's hands into his own, and squeezed it gently, letting the younger man know that everything was going to be okay now.

When Justin relaxed at his touch, Brian started the jeep, and then they were off. 45 minutes later, as they turn onto the street where Brian's loft was, a car came out of nowhere, and Brian had to pull his arm away from Justin, to be able to slam on the brakes, and steady the jeep. Justin began to freak out, when Brian pulled his arm away, as a car nearly hit them. After he got the jeep under control, Brian took his seat belt off once more. He turned to Justin, who had started shaking again. "Justin, are you okay, Sunshine?" When Justin nodded, Brian hugged him. "You're okay, Sunshine." Brian said. He started the jeep again, and moments later, they were on their way to the loft once more. Brian made sure to hold Justin's hand the whole time.

The End.