Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2007-09-04
Words:
41,050
Chapters:
13/13
Comments:
4
Kudos:
59
Hits:
9,810

Friends or Lovers?

Summary:

Bo is back home after the attack by Delbert Penny and Cooter makes a startling discovery. Sequel to Do The Right Thing. Bo Duke/Cooter Davenport

Chapter 1: one

Chapter Text

Disclaimer: I don't own the Dukes of Hazzard, not making any money, just cheap thrills.

 

Warnings: Slash, First Time, Angst, Graphic Sex

 

Rating: FRAO

 

* indicates thoughts

 

Summary: Sequel to Do The Right Thing; In the aftermath of Delbert Penny's attack, Cooter makes a startling discovery.

 

Friends or Lovers?
Chapter 1

 

Cooter rolled out from under the car he was currently working on when he heard a familiar engine. Climbing to his feet, he was wiping his hands on a rag when Bo and Luke walked into the garage. "Hey y'all, what's going on?"

 

"Hey Cooter, not a lot, you busy?" Luke asked.

 

"Well I'm just about finished with Mr. Daughtery's car, what ya need?"

 

"The General's needing new shocks, ya got any?" Bo replied.

 

"I'm sorry y'all, I'm smooth out. I can order ya's some, but it'll be a couple of days before I get 'em."

 

"Well if that's the best ya can do, we'll just have to take things as easy as we can the next couple of days." Luke didn't really like the idea of driving the General with bad shocks, but they didn't seem to have much choice. "I just hope we won't have to make any jumps before we get the new shocks on him."

 

Nodding his head in agreement, Bo leaned against Mr. Daughtery's car while Cooter ordered the new shocks. Glancing in Luke's direction, he tried to think of some excuse to get Cooter alone so they could talk. As if reading his mind, Luke tapped him on the shoulder, getting his attention.

 

"I'm gonna run over to Rhuebottom's to get that sugar Daisy was needing, you coming?"

 

"Nah, think I'll just wait here."

 

"Suit yourself," Luke said. "Be back in a few." Walking outside, he headed up the street to the general store.

 

"You okay Bo?" Cooter asked. He had been concerned about Bo ever since he'd first walked into the garage. Cooter hadn't seen his friend looking like this in months, the pale skin, the haunted eyes with dark circles beneath them were things he'd hoped to never see again.

 

"Not really," Bo quietly replied.

 

"You having problems with Uncle Jesse?"

 

"He ain't done nothing wrong, it's just...heck Cooter I don't know what's wrong with me lately," he answered, his voice heavy with despair.

 

"Why don't ya tell me what's going on? Might help," he encouraged the younger man.

 

"Been having nightmares again," Bo admitted. "Dang it Cooter, I thought this was over with."

 

"Bo, I ain't no expert or anything, but I don't know if something like that can ever go away completely."

 

"God I hope you're wrong, Cooter, I don't think...I just can't keep doing this," he said, swallowing hard, trying to keep his tears at bay.

 

"Aw Bo," Cooter whispered, wrapping his arms around his friend, pulling him close in a comforting embrace. He felt his heart breaking for Bo as the younger man took several gasping breaths, trying to get himself under control. Though he was glad that Delbert Penny was dead and gone, never to torment his Bo aga.... *Whoa, where did that come from?* Jerking back, he stepped over to the desk, needing to put some distance between them.

 

"Cooter?" Bo asked, confused by the way his friend was acting. *Well what did you expect? He's probably tired of holding your hand after all this time.* The thoughts formed in his mind before he knew it, but once considered, he was sure that was the problem. As he watched Cooter nervously moving papers around the desk, Bo was sure he was losing his friend. "I, uh, think I'll wait outside for Luke," Bo said, feeling uncomfortable around the older man for the first time in his life.

 

"Sure Bo, I'll call y'all when the shocks are in," Cooter replied. He watched the younger man walk outside, his head down, obviously too uncomfortable to even look at Cooter. *Damn it! How could I be so stupid? Somehow the kind of thoughts I was having must've showed, why else wouldn't he look at me?*

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When Luke returned to the garage, he was surprised to see Bo waiting for him outside. "Bo? Everything okay?"

 

"Why wouldn't it be?" Bo snapped. "You ready to go?"

 

"Yeah, I'm just gonna go tell Cooter good-bye," Luke answered. He was confused by the anger he was hearing in his cousin's voice.

 

"Fine, I'll be in the General," Bo acknowledged, moving to climb into the driver's window.

 

Glancing at his youngest cousin, Luke finally turned away and walked inside the building. "Hey Cooter," he greeted the mechanic.

 

"Hey Luke, back already?"

 

"Yeah, um Cooter, you got any idea what's wrong with Bo?"

 

"Something's wrong with Bo?"

 

"That's what I was wondering, he about took my head off when I asked him if everything was okay. Did something happen while I was gone?"

 

"Nah, we talked a little and then he went outside," Cooter replied. Normally if he was having a problem, Luke would be one of those he talked to, but this time he couldn't. There was no way he was going to tell one of his oldest friends that he was thinking things he shouldn't be about his baby cousin. Knowing how protective Luke was of Bo, especially after what happened with Penny, Cooter didn't give much odds on his chances of surviving that conversation. No, better not to tell him anything. Besides, he wasn't even sure what that one thought meant, if it meant anything.

 

"You ain't got no idea at all?"

 

"I done told ya I ain't didn't I?"

 

"Well if ya think of anything let me know will ya?"

 

"Sure."

 

"Thanks Cooter," Luke said. Walking back outside, he was more worried than ever about his cousin. *I hope they'll tell me what they're hiding soon.* Climbing into the General, he was barely inside when Bo threw the car in gear and stepped on the gas. "What's the hurry?"

 

"No hurry," Bo replied, keeping his eyes on the road.

 

"Could've fooled me," Luke muttered under his breath.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Nothing." The rest of the drive home was made in silence, as both young men were lost in their own thoughts.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

*"Hey Cooter," Bo greeted as he walked into the garage.

 

"Hey Bo," Cooter returned, glancing over his shoulder as he worked under the hood of a customer's car.

 

"How's it going?"

 

"Okay, how about you?"

 

"Not so great, I was wondering if ya have time to talk?"

 

"Damn it Bo! I ain't got time to keep propping you up. How long are ya gonna use this to get my attention?" Cooter asked, standing up and throwing the wrench he held to the other side of the room.

 

"I ain't doing that Cooter, but I can't talk to my family about it."

 

"Well I'm tired of hearing it Bo," the mechanic snapped at him.

 

"I'm sorry Cooter, I didn't mean to bother ya."

 

"What did you expect?" his uncle asked, startling Bo.

 

"Uncle Jesse! What are you doing here?"

 

"Watching you drive another person away. You're pathetic boy, it ain't no wonder everybody hates you."*

 

"No...not true...'m sorry," Bo moaned in his sleep, tossing his head back and forth.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Cooter lay in his bed, his eyes moving rapidly behind his closed eyelids as he dreamt.

 

*"I want you, need you," he moaned against his lover's throat as he kissed his way downward, loving the words his lover whispered in return.

 

"Awww Cooter, the things you do to me. Please love me, nobody else has ever done to me what you do," Bo moaned as his lover moved to his chest. "Awww yes," he groaned, the feel of Cooter's lips on his nipple driving him wild with desire.

 

Flicking his tongue across the tip of his lover's nipple, Cooter grinned as the younger man writhed beneath him, begging for more. Drawing away from Bo's chest, he returned to his lips, kissing him passionately. "I love you Bo Duke."

 

"I love you too Cooter Davenport," Bo whispered.

 

Kissing his way down the gorgeous body beneath him, Cooter reached his destination. Slowly he licked the underside of his lover's thick cock, enjoying the musky scent of the younger man. Taking the head of Bo's erection into his mouth, he began to suck, slowly drawing his lover deeper into his mouth. Moving his head up and down on the blond's cock, he swirled his tongue around the tip, dipping into the slit. Moaning with desire, he took his lover as deep as he could. Humming as he sucked, he was rewarded a moment later as his Bo shot his load down Cooter's willing throat. Swallowing greedily, he drank in every drop his lover offered.

 

"Please Cooter, need you in me," Bo begged as the tremors of his orgasm began to fade.

 

"Whatever you want babe," Cooter grinned at his lover. Picking up the lube, he slicked himself, enjoying the look of desire in his lover's eyes. Climbing between Bo's long legs, he positioned the head of his dick at his lover's opening and slowly pushed inside. Thrusting slowly at first, he soon increased his pace as his lover pushed against him, meeting his every move with an equal passion. The tightness of his lover wrapped around his dick was the best thing he'd ever felt and Cooter knew he wouldn't last long as he felt the familiar tingle building in his balls.*

 

Jerking awake, Cooter gasped for air, his body slick with sweat. "What the hell is wrong with me? After everything that happened to him this is the last thing Bo needs." Angry with himself, he climbed from his bed and headed for the shower. Stepping under the warm spray, he began to scrub at his skin determined to rid himself of all traces of the dream. He couldn't help wishing that it would be so easy to get rid of the thoughts and feelings he was having for Bo. Cooter had known since his impetuous marriage that he preferred the company of men, a secret he'd kept from everybody in Hazzard. He had thought that he could keep the two parts of his life seperate from each other. Now that he was dreaming of Bo, imagining what it would feel like to make love to him.... Unconsciously, he reached for his cock as thoughts of Bo brought it to life, demanding attention. Snapping back to himself, Cooter quickly took his hand from his cock. Turning the hot water off, he stood under the ice-cold water until his erection wilted. Disgusted with himself, he climbed from the shower and grabbing a towel, he began to roughly move it across his skin. Returning to his bedroom, he pulled on clean clothes and went outside, knowing there'd be no more sleep for him tonight.

 

TBC

 

A/N: In the episode Cooter's Girl, we learned that in his crazy youth Cooter had married a girl. The marriage was quickly ended and the girl moved away with their daughter.

 

Hope y'all liked the first chapter. Please review and tell me what you think.