Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2012-04-15
Words:
1,289
Chapters:
3/3
Comments:
1
Kudos:
30
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
2,492

Deflated Ego

Summary:

Picking up where "Loss of Control" left off, Roy must now face being put in his place by Johnny.

Chapter 1: chapters 1-3

Notes:

Summary: Rating: PG
Pairing: N/A
Archive: Yes
Summary: Picking up where "Loss of Control" left off, Roy must now face being put in his place by Johnny.
Content Warning: Harsh Language.
Copyright: February 2000 By Robin R. Neher
THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED. FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT. THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.

Chapter Text

Deflated Ego
by Robin R Neher

Roy glared as Johnny backed squad fifty-one into the apparatus bay. Turning of the motor, Johnny opened his door to get out.

"You will pay, you little shit!" Roy hissed. "Just wait til I tell Cap what you did!"

"Go right ahead!" Johnny challenged as he got out of the squad, keys in hand. "Roy, why don't you come off your high horse for once and see the real world?! The only world you see is one
where Roy is the sun, the moon and the stars! Everything has to be Roy's way or no way! Well, Roy boy, now you have a Johnny Gage rebellion on your hands!"

With that, Johnny took the keys and made his way to the kitchen while Cap approached the squad where Roy was still sitting in the passenger seat.

"Well, looks like you got demoted, Roy." Cap smirked. "Johnny finally got the guts to stand up to you and I'm glad!"

"Cap!" Roy protested.

"Roy, I've sat here for five years and watched as you pushed Gage around! Well, it ends now!" Hank told the red head. "What the hell makes you think you're God?! What the hell makes you think that you have exclusive rights to drive the squad?! Last but not least, what the hell makes you think you're a better Paramedic then Johnny?! Roy, Johnny has the exact same training and experience that you do! Frankly, I think Johnny's a better Paramedic then you! I'd trust him over you if my life were in danger!"

Roy looked like he'd been slapped as Hank's words hit their mark. Hank watched as hurt filled Roy's blue eyes.

"Oh, Roy, I'm sorry." Hank stammered, realizing what he'd done.

"Would you rather John be senior medic?!" Roy sobbed.

"Roy, I didn't mean." Cap stammered as Roy took his badge off his uniform and placed it in Hank's hand.

"It's okay, Captain Stanley, I know what you meant." Roy quietly sobbed. "John is the better Paramedic, John is the better fireman, John is the better man. I get the massage loud and
clear. Johnny's the hero, so be it. I quit."

"Roy," Cap pleaded.

"No, Cap. I thought I was trying to make station fifty-one a better and safer place. I was wrong. Good-bye Captain." Roy sobbed.

All the crew watched as Roy cleaned out his locker and left the station. Johnny ran up to him as he was going to his pickup truck.

"Roy, wait!" Johnny cried as Roy started to drive away. "Roy, don't go!"

"Johnny, you're senior medic now. I hope you'll make a better one then I did." Roy said, then drove away.