Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
350
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
999

What Was I Thinking

Summary:

It's New Year's Day and someone had to much Beam

Work Text:

What was I thinking?
Waking was not an option, though he wished it was. Oh his head hurt like hell. A bottle of Beam was all it took. Ringing in the New Year in the bunkhouse may have seemed a good option at the time, but now. Oh my aching head.

*ring*

What is that? Oh, the phone. That means I have to move. Not a good option at the moment.

*ring*

I hear ya, I hear ya.

*ring*

Concentration, moving the arm over the body to find the hand set. Found it on the first try. Yuppie. Pick up receiver and bring to ear.

"Rawhide." Man I sound hoarse.

"Man it's about time you answered. Happy New Year!" Tommy Boy, on the West Coast with Buckaroo, Peggy, and Slugo.

With a disappointing smile on my face I answered back, "Happy New Year Tommy Boy."

"You don't sound to good Rawhide."

"Let's say I need to go get a nice cold shower to wake me up."

"Rawhide, tell me you didn't." Oh she knew my tendencies. We've lived together for eight years now, you learn a few things.

"Had to do something to ring in the New Year. I'll be fine."

"Well I just wanted to hear your voice and tell you I love you."

Feeling the pain of their separation, Rawhide took a deep breath and replied, "I love you too."

"See you tomorrow."

"Tomorrow," he echoed.

With eyes still closed, he hung up the phone. New love and being separated for anything hurt. He hurt bad enough to drink himself into a drunken sleep. Now he was found out by his mate. Taking a deep breath, he opened his eyes to see that he was indeed in his room.

Well mate, you better get up, work to do. Slowly he sat up and swung his legs over the side of the bed. Then within 2 beats of a 4 beat measure, Rawhide took off for the bathroom, the consequences of drinking on an empty stomach. Excuse me. God how I hate hang-overs.