Actions

Work Header

story that is unfinished...

Summary:

You know one day we were talking in the chat room about school reunions and that we should write a story about them? Well, I got this idea, and then it went away from me. Maybe we can pass it around and finnish it, what do you think? I didn't have time to finish it, and I can't remember where I was with it....but here is what I have..........................

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

story that is unfinished...
by Ashley

After awhile...

* * * * * * * * *

Gabe tore open the manila envelope that had arrived express air to the Vast Explorer. Inside was a note from his mother; (in which he groaned, he hoped it wouldn't be a bad thing)

I received this video tape a few days ago and it is the 9th year reunion that you missed. I hope Mr. Cross and Ms. Previn are taking care of you.
Mom

 

* * * * * * * * *

A few minutes later Mac, who was fixing lemonades, opened a white envelope which had a CD in it, attached with a small sticky note. She smiled.

Hey Mac. Just thought you'd like to see what your 15h year reunion would be like. Me.

* * * * * * * *

Judson awoke from his spot on the couch and saw his mail piling up on the coffee table. The first envelope bit at his finger tips and contained a small letter and a packet of confetti. He moved toward the player but didn't get far enough to put it in, for Mac and Gabe came through two opposing doorways at the same time.

"Good mail?" Mac said grinning, "I might have got some."

"Reunion," both Judson and Gabe said at the same time.

"Let's see Judson's first," Mac laughed, "break out the popcorn!"

"No, I think youngest to oldest is better." Judson replied, giving his smart-ass half grin.

Gabe slid the tape in the VCR with a sigh, and pushed PLAY.

"HEY DUDE!" could be heard, although the screen was pitch black. The picture came in slowly and a girl next to a guy with a shirt marked `7 UP YOURS' on his t-shirt was smiling. "Hey Gabe. They are all acting goofy. Hope your parents didn't see this tape before sending it to you!" The images that were on the screen saw people at a dinner dance, and stopped at a young man in a wet suit. "I got voted to be you since you couldn't come. Designated driver of the night my ass!" and the guy held up a beer. "Here's to you, out in the middle of the sea, NOT missing us!" There was about twenty minutes of film after that but no one said anything, it was all just pictures.

"Mac's next!" shouted Gabe, excited that his ordeal was over.

"Wait," Mac said, "You played designated driver? Like in Can't Hardly Wait?"

"Ugh," Gabe groaned under his breath. "Yes."

"C'mon Mac, stop stalling."

"All right! Get the computer Gabe."

Five minutes later Gabe was hooking up his computer on the coffee table and beaming up the DVD program. Mac sat down on the opposite end of the couch, folding her legs beside her. Judson sat down in the nearest chair as sounds of voices from the computer came through.

"Shhh....can everyone be quiet?" The picture was black, and then a guy's figure started coming through.

"Hey babe. Just thought you'd like to see us all partyin' without you. Wish you were here, and we're all hoping your having fun kickin' some ass!"

"He really does. He's been saying so for two hours so far!" a bunch of people shouted behind him.

Mac smiled and leaned her cheek into her right hand. Judson watched as her eyes slowly widened with happiness, while Gabe just stared at the screen.

"So girly, how are you? C'mon, talk to me ... I know your not crazy! I'm not sure about the guys that work with you though!"

Mac grinned, "Nick, I'm great."

 

end part 1

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ashley.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.