Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
257
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
779

We Are Family

Summary:

For: My Mongoose
Prompt Word: #11 Family
Word Count: 251

Work Text:

We Are Family
By Patt

Jim noticed that Blair had been quiet all day long at work and wondered what was wrong. He would have to ask him on the ride home later that day.

When they got in the truck, Jim didn't waste any time. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, Jim. Your Dad called while you were in records and wants you to come over to his house Christmas day for dinner and presents. He seemed really up about it, man, so I think you should think about it. Steven is going to be there too."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Jim asked, honestly confused.

"Because you don't like mixing family and work. So now you know, call him tonight and tell him that you'll be there."

"I'll call him tonight, but only if he says you get to go with me."

"Jim, it's only for family."

Jim looked over at his lover and very softly said, "We are family."

"But your Dad won't like it." Blair reminded him.

"Tough..."

"Are you sure?" Blair asked almost smiling.

"I love you more than you can imagine, so it's not like I have a choice. You're my family and we'll be going together or we'll be spending it at home together. Either way, it's you and me."

"I love you, Jim."

"And I love you, Blair."

Christmas would work out all right, because Blair was reminded of his place in Jim's life. He liked being Jim's family. And Jim was thrilled to have Blair in his.

The end