Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2007-01-03
Words:
521
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
5
Kudos:
17
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
2,149

The Letter

Summary:

Tony reads a letter from Gibbs after Gibbs has retired to Mexico...

Chapter 1: Holiday In My Heart

Chapter Text

Tony sat on his sofa, reading the letter Jethro had apparently left on his coffee table:

Tony,

I can't work in that environment anymore… It antagonises me enough at the best of times, you know that… And, this isn't the best of times: I didn't fight hard enough for those people on that boat. I didn't kick strong enough. I'm not saying I won't ever be back, at least in the country, if not the building (at work) - They'll probably put you in charge. You'll do well. Now's your chance. Keep your head, and you'll manage.

I know it seems like I'm giving up or something, but don't give up on me; Come out and see me. I shoulda had the balls to do this face to face, after telling you I was going - But Tony, I'm crap with words, and that way, you'd never know!

I love you,

From Jethro


That wasn't the first time Tony had read Jethro's letter since he'd been made boss of the bul-pen in his lover's place...


Yes, Tony wanted to the job! But he didn't want it at the cost of Jethro, at the expense of him;He didn't want to be doing this job! And, in his apartment, as the early evening sun filtered through the blinds when Tony was supposed to be packing an overnight bag for an assignment starting that evening, Tony read Jethro's letter, and prayed that he would be back; thinking about flying out to share Jethro's bed in Mexico as soon as he could get away… He would much prefer an evening like this in Mexico.

The End..?