Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,146
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,100

Butterfly Kisses

Summary:

Disclaimer: Don't own nothing. Seriously, it's sad. I cry at night
Dedication: to xandman and TC, my minions and everybody at BX_Pirates. I left them in Capeside, k.
Feedback: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!
Bashing: It's here. Ready? I hate Anya. [not to be sarcastic. I do hate her. and it's meant to be shared]
Description: Xander thinks about his life.
Submitted through the 'YG deleted' 0oBuffyXanderFanfictiono0 mailing list. Please join us at 0oBuffyXanderFanfictiono0_2

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Butterfly Kisses
by Queen Angel

You would think that being friends with the slayer, was the most difficult job in the world. The demons, the vampires, the prophesies that the world was ending......... her period, but not for Xander Harris. Everything became petty when came to one thing. Being a father. He remember the day he first saw her, her crying pink form, screaming for all she was worth, Christina Joyce Harris, 8 pounds and 10 ounces. His life was changed forever.

"There's two things I know for sure. She was sent here from heaven, and she's daddy's little girl."

If you excluded the diapers, crying at all hours of the night, the throw up and all other scarey baby stuff. They're pretty cool and Xander revevled in all of it. A smile appeared on his face as he recalled their many times together.

Xander sat by and watched his young daughter 'host' an imaginary tea party, when a stumped smile appeared on her face. He caressed her cheek, ' What happend, Tina[as her dad called her]?' She looked up into his eyes with her mirroring brown ones and complained, 'This isn't working. Somethings wrong!' and sat with her arms slumped.

'Is there anything I could do for you?' The sugar brown-haired girl smiled, with a sweet voice, 'Well, there is one thing.' A few hours later, his wife came home from work to find her daughter and husband revelling in a imaginary tea party and stared........

'Xander,' she called, 'Why are you wearing my pink dress?'

'As I drop to my knees by her bed at night,
She talks to Jesus, and I close my eyes.
And I thank God for all the joy in my life, But most of all...
Butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer.
Stickin' little white flowers all up in her hair.
Walk beside the pony daddy, it's my first ride.
I know the cake looks funny, daddy, but I sure tried.
Oh, with all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right.
To deserve a hug every morning, and butterfly kisses at night'

The only problem that Xander found, was that being a parent, the children got older, and sadly, they didn't need you as much

'I'm fine Dad, I promise!' Chrissy[as she was now known] yelled for the umpteenth time. Xander looked at his daughter, and sighed. She stood there beautiful then he had ever seen her. Sandy blonde hair, was held in a bun as ringlets framed her face in her red evening gown, waiting for her [gulp] date to homecoming.

'You sure? Maybe he got stuck or ran over or a bunch of Raglar demons attacked his car and little peices of him are...' 'DAD!' 'XANDER!' both mother and daughter screamed at the same time.

'I'm sure he's fine Chrissy' his wife said looking at Xander.'Right?' As if on cue the doorbell rang and surprisingly Xander was the first to get it. 'You the date?' he exclaimed coldly.

'Dad!' Chrissy screamed, 'It's alright Danny.' She motioned to the boy.She kissed Xander on the cheek and ran out,'I'll
be back at 11:30, I promise.'

He stood at the door as he watched them pull out,'Maybe I should call ahead?'

'Oh, Xander. Get over it.' his wife exclaimed as she shut the door.

'Sweet sixteen today.
She's looking like her momma a little more every day.
One part woman, the other part girl.
To perfume and makeup, from ribbons and curls.
Trying her wings in a great big world. But I remember...

Butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer.
Stickin' little white flowers all up in her hair.
You know how much I love you daddy, but if you don't mind,
I'm only going to kiss you on cheek this time."
With all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right.

To deserve a hug every morning, and butterfly kisses at night.'

It's scarey how time flies. One minute your walking with your little girl hand in hand to school in hopes that you won't let go, then your dropping your 'big' girl a block away from school in hopes that people won't see you, then their driving themselves to school, in hopes they don't need you. When all of a sudden, they move away to another place, not needing you...but someone else.

'Daddy?' the familiar excited voice on the side rang out.

'Hey, Chrissy.' Xander answer groogly, with the remeince of sleep.

'I'm getting married!...Daddy?...Daddy?' she cried.

'Chrissy?' his wife asked

'Hey, mom. Where's daddy?'

'He passed out.'

'All the precise time.
Like the wind, the years go by.
Precious butterfly, spread your wings and fly.'

So there he was, watching his daughter admire her wedding dress with tears in his eyes, looking more beautiful with each glance. 'Daddy?' she called out, 'What wrong?'

'Just remembering'

'What?'

'Everything'

'No matter what. I will always love you Daddy.' and with that she kissed him. When a cough interupeted them, 'Is the bride-to-be ready?, Buffy said

'Yeah.' Xander exclaimed and hugged his daughter. 'Chrissy's ready.'

As she walked out the door with her father on her side, 'And Daddy can you do me a favor?'

'Anything.'

'Call me Tina'

She'll change her name today.
She'll make a promise, and I'll give her away.
Standing in the bride room just staring at her.
She asked me what I'm thinking, and I said, "I'm not sure,
I just feel like I'm losing my baby girl."
Then she leaned over... and gave me...

Butterfly kisses, with her mama there.
Stickin' little white flowers all up in her hair.
"Walk me down the aisle daddy, it's just about time."
"Does my wedding gown look pretty daddy?" "Daddy don't cry."

 

He stood there and watched as his little girl, stood with another man, he stood there as his teenager, looked into the eyes with admiration of another, and he stood there as his adult daughter belonged to another. No longer his baby any more. 'You may now kiss the bride'

'Xander?' Buffy said 'You okay?'

'Sure.' He answered with tears in his eyes, 'Just you know...'

'Yeah. Our little girl's all grown up.' Buffy teased, as she kissed him on the nose.

'Kinda makes you glad the other three are boys, huh?' Xander questioned

'Yeah,' Buffy kissed him again as Xander put his arms around her.

'Now, all we have to wait we have to wait til they get married.' Xander kissed her back.

Buffy stopped all movement, 'Who said they're getting married?'

 

' With all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right.
To deserve a hug every morning, and butterfly kisses.
I couldn't ask God for more, man, this is what love is.
I know I've gotta let her go, but I'll always remember.
Every hug in the morning, and butterfly kisses... '

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Queen Angel.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.