Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
100
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
969

I didn't see you

Summary:

Category: Angsty poem.
Spoilers: It isn't Buffy specific, so none.
Distribution: Ask. It's incredibly unlikely I'll say no, but ASK
Disclaimer: Buffy belongs to Joss, Fox, Mutant Enemy and WB. My lovely big thesaurus is mine, and it's very useful when writing poems (though on this poem I used my dad's bigger thesaurus cause mine was not in the room). This poem belongs to me too.
Feedback: Is wonderful. Please send it, otherwise I will be forced to pelt you with overripe olives :p
Summary/Authors Notes: Yet another poem that is really about me and my non-existent and yet dysfunctional lovelife, but still applies to Buffy. For those who have been keeping up with my poems, you may be interested to know that my feelings have changed and moved onto a different girl (which should be made obvious by the poem). This poem could apply to Buffy's feeling for Xander if she realises she loves him (but you'd have to swap "she" for "he"), or Xander's feelings for Willow at various points in the show, or any other relationship where one person takes a long time to notice the other. On a lighter note, this poem was written during an _incredibly_ boring speech by my headmaster, so instead of listening to him talk about creative writing, I did some :)
Dedication: To the wonderful girl who gave me the inspiration for writing this poem. Also, to the headmaster whose boring speech gave me the time to write it.
Submitted through the 'YG deleted' 0oBuffyXanderFanfictiono0 mailing list. Please join us at 0oBuffyXanderFanfictiono0_2

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

I didn't see you
by Draxar

 

I didn't see you,
I don't know why,
I missed your beauty,
I was blind.

I did see her,
A bright fire calling me,
But it could never work
All I found was pain.

And then I saw you,
My eyes opened,
I saw your beauty,
Shining on me.

So now I want you,
But have I taken too long,
Am I too late?
Can I have you?

***

Well? Did that poem depress you almost as much as the latest part of may our hearts beat as one? Do I need professional psychiatric help?

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Draxar.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.