Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Pancakes
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
389
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,206

Pancakes

Summary:

RATING: PG
CLASSIFICATION: Former Buffy/Spike, implied Buffy/Xander.
SUMMARY: Buffy deals with an unexpected problem.
SPOILERS: Set after "Grave," so assume it spoils some of season 6.
DISTRIBUTION: Any sites with my fic up; you all have unspoken permission. I write it, you can post it. Everyone else just keep my name on it and let me know.
DISCLAIMER: If you don't recognize it, chances are it's my own creation. If you do, Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, Kazui Sandollar, FOX and the WB own it or them. Various friends of mine are holding characters hostage. You may see them by appointment only.
FEEDBACK: Sorry I'm not home right now I'm walking in the spiderwebs so leave a message and I'll call you back...in other words, I want it. Don't care if it's onlist or not, but I prefer offlist since I have quite a few lists on No Mail.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: My first fic in quite a few months, and also my first fic after finding myself pregnant (I'm now 4 1/2 months pregnant). It's also an answer to Improv # 45 (cinnamon -- dust -- leather -- sway).
Submitted through the 'YG deleted' 0oBuffyXanderFanfictiono0 mailing list. Please join us at 0oBuffyXanderFanfictiono0_2

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Pancakes
by Ragna

It hurts. It hurts so bad, sitting here alone, with my rounded belly and this life absorbed by this...thing...inside me. How can it be? I mean, he was a vampire. He was dead.

I can't even think of my baby as a baby. And I have no one to turn to, except Xander. I mean, I thought he would turn away too, but he hasn't. He wants to kill Spike now, and I don't blame him. There are times I want to kill him, too. Actually, it's rare, those times when I don't want to kill him.

A whiff of cinnamon reminds me that, before I started thinking about the baby, I was in the process of making apple cinnamon pancakes. It's a little hard with my belly bumping into the stove, but I'll manage.

I'd ask Willow to help, but...

It's easy to make the pancakes because it's directed. Break the eggs into a mixing bowl, add the milk, add the Bisquik, add the apples you chopped up earlier, sprinkle in a dusting of cinnamon, stir it all together, measure out a quarter cup, pour into a hot skillet. It's one of those things that's easy to do, so easy.

I know it's late, but I really was craving pancakes.

The heat coming up from the stove and my lack of energy is starting to make me sway. I'm not worried I'll pass out, though. There's a stool if I need one.

All it would have taken was saying no. Or better yet, staking the bastard. I could have pushed a stake into his back, even through the layers of leather and silk. I should have. I never should have let it go as far as it did. If I hadn't let it go that far...

How could a vampire get me pregnant? Is it because I'm the Slayer? And for it to be his child...will it be human or vampire? Will it have a soul? Oh God, please, let it have a soul. Let it be human.

Let my child be human.

Damn it, I burned the pancake. I really should be having someone else make them for me. Maybe I'll call Xander, and he can come over and make pancakes, and we can talk.

Yeah, I think I'd like that.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ragna.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: