Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
979
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
15
Bookmarks:
5
Hits:
3,503

Untitled CSI:NY Fic

Summary:

Fandom: CSINY
Pairing: Danny/Mac
Rating: G
warnings: daddy!kink
notes: set in the "Comfort" 'verse where Mac and Danny start a relationship wtih Daddy/boy aspects.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Untitled CSI:NY Fic
by nancy

"But I'm not sick! I wanna go out and hang with everyone!"

Mac ignored the whiney tone and continued to hold out the fever reducer and glass of water. He gave Danny a warning look as he ordered, "Take the pills, Danny, now."

Danny gave him a mutinous glare and shook his head, folding his arms over his chest in open rebellion.

Not that it was an unexpected rebellion, given the date, but Mac wasn't in the mood to be disobeyed; especially not regarding Danny's health. Meeting the petulant blue gaze directly, he informed Danny, "It's below freezing and you've got a fever. There is no way you're getting outside if I have to cuff you to this bed. And believe me, they won't be the fun cuffs, either."

"Damn it, Mac, I'm not ten years old!" Danny exclaimed, throwing back the covers.

Mac moved to stand directly in front of Danny so he couldn't get out of the bed. "Don't. You. Dare."

Danny froze in place, one leg half-over the side of the bed.

"Back in bed, pull the covers up, and take the damn medicine, Danny, or so help me, I won't make any more allowances and you'll have a sore ass on top of being sick," Mac snapped.

Danny's movements were sullen, but he did do as he was told, at last.

Not entirely certain that Danny wouldn't not take the pills just to spite him at that point, Mac ordered, "Open your mouth and lift your tongue."

"Mac!"

"Now!"

Danny's glare intensified, but he obeyed once more and then blew a raspberry at Mac for added measure.

The action tickled Mac's funny bone unexpectedly and he had to struggle not to laugh outright. Clearing his throat, Mac tucked the covers around Danny and told him, "I know you're not feeling good, Danny, so I'll let that pass. Get some rest. I'll check on you in a little while."

Danny turned his face at the last second, refusing Mac's kiss, and that actually did hurt. Drawing back as though struck, stomach tight in disappointed pain, Mac stood and left the room without another word. Even though he told himself it was the three day fever making Danny miserable that had prompted such a response from the younger man, Mac couldn't help but feel like a bully. Clearly, Danny felt as though he'd crossed a line somewhere from 'taking care of' to 'stifling.'

Maybe worse, Mac thought with a sigh.

As he tidied up the apartment they now shared, Mac wondered if maybe Danny had already gotten tired of their relationship. He'd warned Danny at the outset that he had a serious need to look after his partners. Danny had even admitted to wanting that. So far, their forays into...he wasn't even sure what to call it really...but whenever he'd fussed and doted on Danny, the younger man had responded enthusiastically. It could be that Danny had been indulging him, instead of truly enjoying such behavior. Maybe Mac had been spoiled by Claire. She'd been so fierce and yet so desperate to be loved that they'd been a perfect match.

"Hey Mac?"

Danny's uncertain call had him turning instantly. The young man had a blanket wrapped around him and looked even more miserable than when Mac had left him. He had to physically stop himself from going over and herding Danny back to bed. Offering a tired smile, he asked, "What is it, Danny?"

Danny shuffled over to him, not stopping until he was pressed right up against Mac. The silent plea was more than Mac could resist and he wrapped his arms around Danny.

"I'm sorry," Danny said, sniffling. "I'm such a jerk. I know you just want to take care of me and I appreciate it, I really do, it's just...this is our first New Year's together and I wanted it to be special and I'm just messin' it up. Didn't mean to hurt you. I'm so sorry."

Relieved by Danny's confession, Mac squeezed him tight and promised, "It's okay, Danny. And you aren't ruining anything. You couldn't help getting sick. Come on. Maybe I've been holding the reins a little tight. Why don't we watch the festivities on the sofa tonight?"

Danny stepped back a little, giving him a hopeful look. "Can we?"

Mac nodded, combing his fingers through Danny's unruly and slightly damp hair. If the fever didn't go down by morning, he was hauling Danny to the Urgent Care center. In the meantime, there was no reason they had to forgo each other's company. He'd planned to just go to bed early, but if staying up meant that much to Danny, that was fine, too.

It took a while to get them situated, but finally, Mac sat in the corner of the sofa while Danny stretched out on it. The blanket got tucked firmly around Danny and his head rested on Mac's thigh. Turning on the tv, Mac switched it to the Boston Pops, just to tease Danny a little.

"Oh, come on, Mac. You aren't serious, are you?" Danny begged, looking up at him.

Mac ostensibly thought it over, then asked, "What's it worth to you?"

"Anything!"

Mac hid a grin and said, "Okay, I'll tell you what. If I let you watch whatever you want, and stay up as late as you want, you have to promise to go to the doctor's with me tomorrow if you aren't feeling better."

Danny sighed as he made a face, but agreed, "Fine. Anything. Just change the channel, please?"

As Mac had expected, Danny didn't make it to midnight. He fell asleep at about eleven thirty, snoring nasally through his clogged nose and starting to drool on Mac's jeans.

Mac smiled fondly down at his lover and changed the channel back to the Pops.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Nancy.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.