Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2006-12-09
Words:
5,092
Chapters:
10/10
Kudos:
23
Hits:
4,043

Can I have you?

Summary:

Hey all! This is my first attempt at a B/X fic, so please be gentle, but feedback is greatly appreciated.... Disclaimer: I own nothing, please don't sue. Rating: PG (this part, may get higher..) Spoilers: don't remember the ep title, but the one with Buffy's declaration of how perfect Anya & Xander's love is... Pairings: None in prologue Author's note: This is the prophecy that I will refer to later in the story. Submitted through the 'YG deleted' 0oBuffyXanderFanfictiono0 mailing list. Please join us at 0oBuffyXanderFanfictiono0_2

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: 1. Prologue

Chapter Text

Can I have you?
by slayergrrl_99

Prologue

The slayer is destined to stand against the darkness, protecting the light - alone, solitary - yet along the way, other dedicated souls will endeavor to maintain the power of light.

There will ultimately be a group of three to aid and support the slayer, devoting all of their resources to guide her and give her tools to battle the dark.

Always will her watcher stand at her side, and though she will test him repeatedly, he shall not falter. She shall forsake the council of watchers, and in this shall she receive the support of her own watcher. He shall fight at her side, offering guidance and aid without demand nor command.

So too, shall the wiccans send an emissary to aid in the slayer's battle. She shall master control of the elements, and the power to bend emotions to her will shall be hers. Her advice will be cherished by the slayer, and her link to the world of the spirits shal prove useful beyond measure.

The third supporter shall oft go unnoticed. He is the observer, the silent witness to the struggles and trials of the slayer. He shall not judge, nor shall he be judged. The slayer shall lean on him, thought she shall not understand the import of this. And he shall be her White Knight.

Slayers before her will have contact with the essence of the Knight, but only she who is final shall know him. And he shall be an indicator unto thee that the darkness is fading, and the light is emerging.

And the four shall encounter others in their struggles. They shall be defined by the Fallen Angel, who shall identify the Knight before any other. He shall protest the Knight's role in the slayer's life, thought he shall not be judged by the Knight, who acheives a respect for the Angel.

The slayer shall capitulate to the Fallen Angel, yet the Knight shall not judge her. He shall comfort and support her until she is healed, then shall he retreat to his place of observance.

When the slayer locates the Knight, that shall be the beginning of the tests, which shall be three-fold.

The first shall be the test of loyalty, to determine the Knight's willingness to dedicate himself to the protection of the slayer. And thou shalt know of his success upon the revival of the slayer.

Next shall come the test of honesty, to determine the Knight's ability to resist the slayer. And though shalt know of his success by a day of love which sees the slayer transformed.

So by these tests shalt thou know the White Knight. And by the third test shalt thou know of the slayer's acceptance of his love - for she shall shy away from it initially, out of fear.

The third is a test of reasurrance. And when the slayer does resign herself to lean on her Knight, thou shalt know that their union is imminent, and in that union shall the group be solidified, and shall those within it, whether they be outlined here or not, live and fight as a unit untill the end of days. Never shall they age, nor shall they die, untill the darkness of hell is destroyed.

End prologue
TBC

Love it? Hate it? I love feedback!