Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,075
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,264

Maneater

Summary:

Lennie and Jack discuss a case about a woman Lennie thinks is a maneater and Serena is in the middle trying to enjoy her birthday.

Work Text:

Status: Complete

Archive: WWOMB

Feedback: Yes

Email Address: ladybug74873@hotmail.com

Series/Sequel: if you want any

Disclaimers: Dick Wolf and his production company plus NBC own them

Notes: Each of these will be written as a series but in all the fandoms I write in. I hope you like. You are welcome to use the idea of song title fics.

Further Disclaimer: none

 

Maneater.... Daryl Hall and John Oates

 

"She's a maneater, Jack."

"I don't think so, Lennie."

Lennie Briscoe looked at the man beside him. He couldn't believe his ears. Why was Jack defending a woman who used a lot of men and then threw them out like they were the morning trash? He squinted his eyes and then looked real carefully at the handsome attorney beside him. Serena just laughed at both men. She couldn't believe this conversation. It had been going on since the three of them had left the office thirty minutes earlier. She shook her head and thought boys will be boys. The young woman then ignored both of the older men and studied her menu. Jack and Lennie were taking the blonde out to celebrate her birthday. Such a milestone Jack had said. Lennie just rolled his eyes at the man when he had said it. And then the case of all cases from what Jack thought came up and it was like she didn't exist for a time. When they started to walk out the door towards the elevators they remembered that they needed the birthday girl. So the men turned towards her and laughed at themselves. Lennie went to get the ADA and held out his arm for her and escorted her to the elevator where his lover was waiting on them.

"Ok, boys. Let's just decide to believe that Connie Hinton is a maneater." Serena wanted to stop the conversation.

Lennie and Jack looked at the young assistant. She looked back at them and smiled. She had an evil look in her eyes. She was going to get back at them. Serena was going to get the most expensive meal and make them pay for making her listen to this stupid conversation most of the night.

"Lennie?"

"Yeah, Jack."

"Do you think Serena could be a maneater."

Serena looked up from her menu at that. Jack had a blank expression on his face. And when she looked at his lover, the detective was studiously looking at his menu. All right both men had gotten her goat. She knew when she was beaten. She just looked and ordered when the waitress came back to their table. After their orders were taken all three looked at each other and laughed. This was supposed to be Serena's day but the Hinton case was the topic of the day.

The assistant waggled her finger at the guys to let them know that silence about the case was the order for the day. It didn't last to long. Lennie and Jack were back at it. They were now arguing whether or not the young redheaded woman wanted Jack. Lennie said she did but Jack said she didn't. Serena sighed there was no way to win.

"She wanted you, Jack."

"No way, Lennie. She knew I was taken."

"Taken by who, Jack. Certainly not me and if I was Lennie I would run the other way. You know boys and I use that term really loosely. You have been arguing about Connie Hinton since the office. Cut it out would you." Serena interrupted with sarcasm and a hint of angry woman.

Jack and Lennie smiled sweetly at the young woman and changed the subject. The conversation had been exhausted when Serena sighed and told the two men that they could keep discussing the Hinton case.

Lennie thought that Connie Hinton murdered her sister and the boyfriend because the boyfriend was cheating on her. Jack was thinking just the opposite. The lawyer felt that Hinton's sister was the one who killed the boyfriend and then killed herself. Lennie shook his head at his lover and argued that the woman killed the victims. Jack didn't see it that way. Lennie thought that Jack was having the wool pulled over his eyes. Serena watched the two men argue. She felt like she was watching a tennis match. She sighed and let the two men argue some more before she interrupted their conversation.

"If you want my opinion which I doubt, Connie Hinton is a maneater. She doesn't want anyone to have a boyfriend and she doesn't like to have the attention taken away from her. She would kill anyone who got in her way. And she probably has murdered before." Serena stated.

Jack and Lennie looked at the young woman. Jack thought she might be right. Lennie rolled his eyes. This meant more overtime and a longer week. He just knew that Van Buren would be getting a call from Jack in the morning. What all this meant was no Jack and definitely no vacation. Lennie was due a vacation and had promised himself and his lover that he would take one. Well, not hot beaches or sunny days for now. Jack looked at his handsome detective lover. That look told Lennie he was definitely seeing more overtime. He and his partner, Ed were going to have no rest. Lennie thought that Ed would be doing the paperwork. Maybe he could invite Jack into interrogate him some night on this case.

"I'll call Van Buren in the morning.'

"Thanks, Jack." Said with some sarcasm.

"Your welcome. But for what."

"Overtime. No vacation and definitely no sex for you."

Jack looked at Lennie and grinned. Serena had spit out her drink when Lennie had told Jack that he wasn't going to get sex. But Jack was on a mission. If Connie Hinton had murdered anyone else the EADA wanted to know so that he could charge her with even more murders. He wanted justice for all of the woman's victims. It looked like the redheaded woman was turning out to be New York's Black Widow. Lennie just shook his head and sighed. Van Buren would get a call and he would be pulling overtime. Yep, Ed would be doing all the paperwork. And Lennie was going to make Jack pay for this one.

Poor Lennie.

The end