Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
382
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
968

The Danger Zone

Summary:

Immediately after Grave Danger...

Work Text:

The Danger Zone…
Written:29.11.06


“I’m his best friend, Grissom… That’s why I went in the ambulance with him, that and I knew Eckley would want to know everything – But do you know how much it cut Catherine and I that he was asking for you..? Yeah, he came to a couple of times, and he asked for you…”

“Gil?” Nick asked frantically, then needfully.

“Ssshh, sweetheart.” Warrick knew his best friend would look at him askance for that endearment, if he were well enough… Warrick himself was not gay, but he loved Nick. He held his hand. “He’ll be with you soon…” He was so protective of his best friend. He looked to Catherine.

“He will.” Catherine agreed, speaking to both Warrick and Nick. But Nick was already unconscious again, and the Paramedic in the back with them was checking the Monitors. Catherine felt maternal toward Nick. She always had somehow. Her feelings were maternal toward Nick and Greg, passionate toward Warrick, and an ally of understanding toward Gil. Gil, the man who could border on the autistic; You only had to observe him at work. How he walked about figuring out the world around him; how he had the brain to retain all the facts that it did; what he noticed about the world; how he interacted with it and the people in it, or didn’t… Nick, to Catherine, was like a kindred spirit, and a son both, and all at once… He’d never been able to tell his own mother how a babysitter had abused him all those years ago; It would have torn his mother apart… So he had chosen Catherine to tell… And, he’d also told her that that was why he went with women, so that no one could say that fear and trauma were the reason for his sexuality. Catherine knew that he loved Gil, and that Gil loved him – The way she loved Warrick.

“Are you ok, Warrick?” Catherine knew he wasn’t, as she watched him put down the phone in the hospital lobby.

“Eckley’s finally let him out of the Briefing, so he’s on his way…” Warrick answered.

“He does love Nick, y’know…” Catherine rubbed Warrick’s shoulder.

“I know…” Warrick replied.


The End..?