Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
2,470
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,438

Happy Anniversary Jack and Lennie

Summary:

Jack and Lennie celebrate their 15th anniversary with help from Lennie and Jack’s daughters and their friends and family.

Work Text:

Status: Complete

Archive: WWOMB

Feedback: Yes

Email Address: ladybug74873@hotmail.com

Series/Sequel: if you want any

Disclaimers: Dick Wolf and his production company plus NBC own them

Julia Briscoe Green stepped into her dad's and his lover's apartment. She was going to give the two men most important in her life an anniversary they would never forget. She was going to help them celebrate their 15th anniversary of being together. Now all she had to do was clean up after two men who did very little housekeeping and get her surprise ready. She knew that both of them had to work a little late. This was not going to deter anyone of them from celebrating. She grimaced as she looked around the room. These two impossible men. They needed to get a good housekeeper. Julia tried to help them out but she had her own family and couldn't always be there.

 

As she looked about the living room, she saw the memories that both her dad, Lennie, and Jack had made since they had meet and got together. She remembered the first time she had heard about Jack. Lennie had been working at a different precinct and Jack was still just an Assistant District Attorney. The detective had been working a tough case that had taken a lot out of him. By the time it got to Jack, Lennie was thinking that the suspect was not going to jail. Even during the trial Lennie believed Jack wouldn't be able to convict. But Jack did. Lennie had taken the lawyer out for a little celebration. And Lennie had fallen hard for the tough as nails ADA. And the ADA had fallen for the no nonsense detective. Before long Julia was hearing about Jack. In Lennie's eyes Jack was perfect. When both of them finally meet, Julia saw what her dad did. A great man with a sense of humor, compassion, passion and a joy and love for life. But the one thing Julia was most happy about was that Lennie had finally found happiness in his life. She smiled. Christmas was Jack's favorite time of year. The year that her dad and Jack had gotten together the young woman had been invited to their apartment for dinner. She accepted and was glad she had come. The joy that shown from her dad's face was the greatest present she could have gotten that year.

The next picture her eyes lighted on was the onen when Lennie had finally went to the 27th Precinct. Dad was happy. He was doing something he enjoyed. The picture showed two happy detectives. Julia had taken a picture of Mike Logan and her dad at a celebratory dinner. The dinner was to celebrate not only a tough and hard won case but also Lennie and Jack's 5th anniversary. By the time Lennie and Mike had found their niche with each other Mike had hit a councilman and was transferred to Stanton Island. Her dad was depressed for a while but Jack stood by him. Both men had and will always consider Mike Logan a good friend.

There where even happier times with Rey Curtis and his family. Rey would bring his girls over to see their two "uncles". Both the lawyer and detective enjoyed the girls and doted on them. Rey always said that Jack and Lennie spoiled them. But Rey and his wife didn't seem to mind. When Rey's wife's condition became worse the two lovers where supportive of the young couple. They both helped out when they could.

Next came Ed Green. Julia had to smile at that. When she told her dad she was dating the young detective, she thought he would have had a fit. He didn't and was supportive of both of them. Now they were married and had two children with a possible third on the way. Her dad and Jack were proud grandpas.

While Julia cleaned the apartment she wished that Jack's daughter had participated in the two men's happy times. She sighed. She knew that was impossible. Jack and his daughter were to remain estranged. But Jack was proud of her as well as Lennie. They both had heard through the grapevine that Elizabeth had become a lawyer and was dating a NYPD police officer. "What was it about us daughters that we had to have cops or lawyers in our lives?' she mused.

The doorbell ringing broke the young woman out of her reverie. She opened the door to find a surprise herself. She had called Elizabeth McCoy to let her know about the anniversary party. She hadn't expected the other woman to show up. Julia smiled and gestured for the younger woman to come into the apartment.

"I know this is a surprise. But you were right. This is my dad and I am happy for him." Elizabeth said.

"Thanks for coming. Jack and Dad will be surprised." Julia replied.

"Well at least my dad."

Both women laughed. They looked at each other and saw a similarity in each other. They relaxed and Julia asked if Elizabeth wanted to help with the preparations. The other woman nodded and they both silently went about getting ready for the party.

They set up both the kitchen and dining room. They were having a small dinner party for family and a few friends before the main party. The table was set elegantly with the men's best dishes. Some of the food that the women couldn't make was catered by a nearby catering business. Julia had sent for flowers and Elizabeth had suggested buying more candles to set around the living room. Both of them agreed that setting up a table for small fingers foods for before and after the dinner party was a good thing.

Julia was glad the other woman could make it. She didn't know how she would be able to handle all the preparations for this milestone in these two men's lives. She smiled as she caught the other woman looking at her. They started to laugh realizing that they had some of the same thoughts. Julia hoped she could become friends with Jack's daughter.

Another knock on the door startled the two women. Elizabeth went to answer it. Serena, Jack's assistant, stood there with presents over flowing her arms. Both women quickly divested her of the gifts and ushered her into the kitchen.

"Does either of the dads suspect something." Julia asked.

"No, but I think Lennie is getting suspicious. He was telling Jack though he wanted some peace and quiet this year. He looked at me when he said that." Serena chuckled.

Liz cocked an eyebrow at the other women. She was curious about what had gone on in previous years. Both Serena and Julia explained to the younger woman that some how they had planned something every year. Last year went wrong. They are still not sure what went wrong. Serena suspected it was Ed. Julia suspected it was some one else other than her husband. More like Serena's boyfriend. Serena was dating Mike Logan. Julia wondered more than once how the two got together. Lennie always said he didn't want to know as long as Mike was happy. Liz laughed and urged the others to tell her more about Jack and Lennie's antics.

Julia suggested that they continue getting ready while both her and Serena told the young woman about Jack and Lennie's antics. Julia was the best at telling about the two men. Serena only having been with Jack for a few years could tell her the bare minimum. Elizabeth felt that both women seemed to admire and love the older men. To that Liz was grateful. She was glad that her dad had such a wonderful lover and friends in his life.

After putting out the candles, dishes, and setting up the tables and bar (for those who would drink) Julia put out one last thing. Julia knew about Jack's passion for green M&M's and she thought that the treat would be perfect for them. She had bought lots of bags of the candies and set several bowls of just the green treats out throughout the room. Liz looked at the older woman quizzically. Julia smiled at the woman she was becoming to consider a friend.

"Your dad likes green M&M's. I thought this would be a great surprise for him."

"Anything special about them?"

"He says it makes him horny for my dad." Julia shrugged her shoulders at that.

Serena hearing that was trying to hold back her laughter but couldn't. All three women were laughing when Ed came in through the door. He went up to his wife to give her a kiss. She smiled and gave him a quick kiss. She introduced Elizabeth to him. Ed shook her hand and added his thanks to Julia's to coming to the party.

Over the next hour the dinner party guests started to arrive. The special guests (other than Jack and Lennie) were Rey Curtis and his family. It wasn't often that they could get out. Rey did insist on a nurse for Debra and Julia granted that request. A nurse would be on hand for the young woman. The chatter died down as keys were heard in the door. First through the door was Jack. The EADA had a look of astonishment on his face. He hadn't moved from the doorway when Lennie bumped into him. Lennie pushed at Jack's back to get him to move out of the way. When he did, Lennie was just as astonished as his lover. Both men smiled at the group before them. Lennie sought his daughter in the little dinner party. He found her and gave her a nod of thanks. They walked into the apartment and greeted all their guests.

Jack found one guest to be the best surprise he had ever gotten. He walked up to his daughter and held his arms out to her. She stepped into them and hugged her father. He hugged back with not only his lover looking on but also the rest of the party. Lennie gestured for everyone to leave the two alone so that they could have a moment in private.

"Thanks."

"For what, Dad."

"For coming."

"My pleasure."

 

Jack smiled at his daughter. He couldn't believe on the day of his anniversary his got his daughter back. He was happy. He had both a great lover and a daughter who he thought didn't want to be around. Not that he wouldn't blame her. More guests had arrived while the two were having their reunion. Jack went to greet them but he didn't get far from either his daughter or Lennie's.

The party lasted for a few more hours. Rey had to get Debra and the kids home so they were the first ones to leave. Everyone left with congratulations to the men and well wishes for continued happiness and more years together. Lt. Van Buren even for a present gave Lennie a few days off. DA Branch thought it a good idea to give Jack those same days also. Left were the two daughters and Ed. All three of the younger people smiled as the two men softly kissed and reveled in each other for a few moments. Ed cleared his throat to get his father-in-law's and his lover's attention.

"Let's make a toast." Ed raised his glass along with the two women. "Congratulations on fifteen wonderful years and here is hoping that you have many more."

"Here, Here." Everyone said in unison.

They all laughed and sipped the champagne that Julia had provided for the toasts that were said that evening. Julia looked at her father and Jack and thought that the two couldn't look anymore in love than they did at that moment. The older men were looking at each other with joy and happiness and love.

"Dads?"

Jack and Lennie looked expectantly at the young woman. Lennie was proud of her. She had done real well in arranging this party and having their friends and family around. Lennie missed his grandchildren. He would have to pay a visit to them later on in the week.

"I have one more present for you. I know how you two have wanted to get away to the islands. Well, Ed and I have decided to send both of you on a trip to the U.S. Virgin Islands. Here are your open air tickets so that you can go anytime you want to."

She handed the two men the tickets and stood back for their reactions. Lennie came and hugged her first and then gave Ed a hug as well. Jack repeated what his lover had just done.

"I have one as well." Elizabeth stated. "I at first didn't know what to get you but I know through Julia that you both like to read to get away from your jobs. Julia said that detective and lawyer novels are what you read. So I got you several books that I hope you will like."

Liz handed her dad a bag with several different types of books and two cards in it. Both of the men looked into the bag and found new and favored authors. They both gave Jack's daughter a hug and thanked her for the wonderful gift. Now Lennie would have lots to read when Jack wasn't around which wasn't to often. But there were times when both men would curl up on the couch and read and enjoy each other's company.

It was getting late so Julia and Ed said their goodbyes and left the two men with the younger woman. Elizabeth hugged her dad and said that she needed to go herself. She smiled and gave Lennie a hug. Closing the door back behind her, Jack sighed and let a smile appear on his lips.

"We have wonderful kids, Lennie."

"Yep, we do."

"Happy 15th, Lennie."

Jack held his arms out for Lennie who stepped into them. Lennie held on tight to his lover and didn't want to let go. After a few minutes Lennie lead Jack into their bedroom and spent several hours showing the lawyer how much he felt about him.

Later as Lennie was holding Jack he couldn't help but be thankful that he had found his happiness in the man in his arms.

"Happy anniversary, Jack. I love you." The detective whispered as he drifted off to sleep.

The end