Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
954
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,275

Don't Tell Lies Jack

Summary:

Jack is heartbroken over a argument with Lennie. Lennie makes it right again.

Work Text:

Status: Complete

Archive: WWOMB

Feedback: Yes

Email Address: ladybug74873@hotmail.com

Series/Sequel: if you want any

Disclaimers: Dick Wolf and his production company plus NBC own them

Summary: Jack becomes heartbroken over an argument over lies and realizes he may lose Lennie because of it.

Warnings: none that I know of

Jack sat at his desk looking at the picture of his lover. Lennie, NYPD detective, the man he had fell so hard for. The very same detective who was taking pleasure in making him suffer for one little indiscretion. One indiscretion that he thought that he would be paying for for the rest of his life. He missed his Lennie. He missed the romantic. The friend and confidant that he could go to when he needed a sounding board.

The lawyer shook his head and tried to go back to work. But his mind kept gong back to Lennie and their argument this morning. Lennie had asked if their love was based on lies. Lies that could hurt both of them. Jack had denied that he loved Lennie because of any lies. All that Jack wanted was for Lennie to believe him. To believe that the lawyer had no way that a past indiscretion before the two meet and got together would come back to haunt them. But Lennie had accused some more and slammed out of their apartment.

Jack put his head down and let out his emotions. He hadn't meant to but his heart ached and he had no other way to let the emotions of the past few weeks out. Serena heard the soft sobs of her boss and rushed into his office to see what was wrong. Her heart broke at what she found. She looked at Jack. All she found was a broken man who had possibly lost someone that meant more to him than life.

"What's wrong, Jack." She said softly.

"I lost Lennie."

Serena's head shot up at that statement. That was so unlike Jack to say that. The EADA had been happy with his life for as long as she had known him and one of those reasons for that happiness was one Lennie Briscoe. She looked at her boss with doubt and brought a seat to sit by the older man. The ADA soothed the lawyer and then tried to get to the bottom of his heartache.

"What happened."

"Arguments. Stupid arguments." Jack sniffed.

Ok arguments were fixable. So fixable that Serena almost laughed at her boss. She didn't and tried to sympathize with him. A soft knock at the door stopped any further conversation. Jack's red-rimmed eyes watched as the subject of the two lawyers conversation walked in. Lennie smiled at both. Serena quickly got up and left the two men to their discussion. The detective gave the other man a tentative smile while Jack gestured the other man into a chair. Lennie shook his head at the offer and remained standing.

What surprised Jack the most was that Lennie held out his arms to the lawyer. He got up and practically ran into his lover's arms. Lennie held him tightly and soothed the EADA. He rocked the other man while sobs shook Jack's shoulders.

"I could have lost you." Jack sobbed.

"You won't." Lennie stated.

"How would you know."

"Because neither one of us would be happy. And my daughter let me have it this afternoon."

Jack chuckled at that. Julia was tough on her dad when it came to Jack. Julia enjoyed the older man and thought he was the greatest person for her dad. And did the young woman give her dad a tongue-lashing. She would not let her dad destroy the best thing that had happened to him in years. She knew that her sister's death had hit him hard. She was glad that Jack was there to see the detective through. When Cathy had died Lennie had lost it. And in the middle of the storm stood Jack. Jack was his strength. The lawyer had taken everything that his lover had thrown at him and then taken the man into his arms and held on tight. Lennie had taken that strength and gotten through his other daughter's death. It was still hard but he had Jack to help him through. He had Jack when both Mike and Rey had left. He had Jack during any of the difficult times and the easy times too.

Lennie smiled and held Jack away from him. The detective looked at the red-rimmed eyes and the sad face and wanted to kick himself when he saw that face. His poor Jack. He had been picking fights. Stupid arguments. And he let lies led him momentarily away from his handsome lover. Lies that led to arguments instead of peacefully talking them over. Both men had vowed to talk over any problems before they became too big. But lies had made the problems big and they had argued. Lennie was willing to apologize and meet Jack halfway.

"Let's go home." Lennie suggested.

"To talk."

"Among other things."

Both men smiled at each other as they headed out of the EADA's office. Serena smiled at her two favorite people. She waved and went back to writing her brief.

 

Later that night Jack lay in Lennie's arms and wondered how they had let this go to far. At least through Julia both men had come to their senses and not broken up a great relationship. The lawyer smiled, kissed Lennie's cheek and drifted off to sleep thinking he needed to send flowers to Lennie's daughter.

The end.