Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
412
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,462

Jack's Perspective

Summary:

Jack loves Janet... Evidence of that...

Work Text:

Jack loved her, and could never be consoled over her death… Ever… It would never make a difference. Such a beautiful spirit was gone, and gone from him, from his life…

She fell on the battlefield, like an angel whom never should have been there… All the colours of the fields of flanders came into his vision that day, and never quite ghosted away…

He consoled the others, and didn’t cry… He felt for her friends, and those she left behind. He vowed to be forever with them in their hour of need.

He had loved her for a very long time. No one seemed to know how much. No one compared, though he tried to let them once or twice since she was gone… When Jacob died, a new era began, only to end abruptly. He loved Sam Carter, but his love ran deeper for her, the way it, somehow, always had… Now, he was more sure of it than ever.

He had loved Janet even when she was going out with his buddy, Kowalsky… And, he’d lost them both – Not through loving her, but because they were in Heaven together now.

He had tried not to just move into Kowalsky’s boots. And, yes, it had been Sam with whom he’d let go of his sexual tension the time that they had been affected by the Broca Divide. He did like Sam, and he loved her, in a way… He couldn’t not, after all they saw one another through in life. But his love for her was overshadowed by his love for Janet. It was her he had touched tenderly during the time of the Broca Divide affliction… And, from that moment on, he couldn’t help but love her – No matter that she had loved Charles Kowalsky, his best friend, before him… And, was still grieving for the man at the time… In the years after, in times no one else knew of, they were together now and then, and made sweet-heated, deep love whenever they were…

…And, when Janet had died, they had been on the verge of admitting to, and not just living with their feelings… Despite the fact that he could die at any moment, given the life that he led, and that he really was better suited to Sam, and would always seem to spend more time with her. They were just on the verge. It might have worked out between them…


The End..?

22.11.06