Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
423
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,512

Family Curses And Other Chaos

Summary:

Jean Gray has come face to face with yet more Summers' children. She's definitely cursed.

Work Text:

Family Curses And Other Chaos

Her family was crazy, and she cursed every single last member. That was all that Jean Grey could think. 'Love' her ass. Yes, she did indeed love every single one of her and Scott's children - and her children but not Scott's, and Scott's children but not hers, and even the one who were Summers of indeterminate origin (but somehow never Alex's, at least not that they could tell) - but it did get a bit wearisome trying to keep track of them all.

Now, however, things had grown exponentially worse. Jean was starting to think that none of the people in her extended family were ever meant to lead uncomplicated, if not normal, lives.

When Alex announced that he and Lorna were getting married, Jean was happy for them. She drafted every single mutant and non-mutant friend she could find to make sure that the wedding went off without a hitch - like hers hadn't. Then, when Alex and Lorna had to cut their honeymoon short to battle a few Brotherhood of Evil Mutants members, she breathed a sigh of relief when they came out of the skirmish relatively unscathed.

When Lorna told her that she was pregnant seven months later, Jean was excited for them. She drafted every single mutant and non-mutant friend she could find to make sure that the baby shower went off without a hitch - like hers hadn't. Then, when the baby was born, happy, healthy, and whole, hopefully, she'd be the first in line for baby-sitting duty.

However, in the meantime, there were other family 'issues' that needed dealing with. It seemed that either the marriage or the pregnancy had triggered the 'Summers' Curse' as Logan referred to it, on the newest Summers couple.

Three different children from three different timelines - though all, it seemed, were from the same universe, just not theirs - all having arrived three days apart. So far as they could figure, they were, genetically at least, Summers children. One of them Alex's, one of them Lorna's, and one of them both Alex and Lorna's.

They were family members of former teammates, so of course the X-Men would take care of them. But only until they could send them back.

Jean sighed - in relief that this time none of the future children were hers, and in resignation of the fact that the curse had struck again - and went back to trying to figure out how they were going to take care of twenty-two-year-old Tara Maclay, nineteen-year-old Kennedy Hernandez, and sixteen-year-old Dawn Summers.