Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,774
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
16
Bookmarks:
4
Hits:
2,243

A Goa'uld visits 'Jersey

Summary:

House MD/Stargate crossover. House is back from Atlantis and with Wilson when he encounters a surprisingly snaky problem in the emergency room of PPH.

Work Text:

"Dr. House, we have a patient downstairs who was hit by a car and is unconscious. We did an MRI and found a weird kind of growth in his brain and neck."

House didn't even look up. "Call Dr. Wilson."

Foreman smirked and Chase chuckled. Cameron took the x-ray from the intern and gasped. "House, it looks like a...snake?"

House's head snapped up and he snatched the x-ray out of her hand. "Shit! Chase get the biggest needle you can find with the strongest sedative we have. When you get downstairs it will need to be injected into the back of the neck between the second and fourth vertebrae. Foreman, call this number," he bent over and scribbled a number. "Tell them that I need a containment team here at the hospital, mention my name." He shot Foreman a serious look. "It's the military, I know already. It's a matter of life and death."

His team watched in astonishment as House ran out of the office. "Do it now!" he shouted over his shoulder.

 

"Everyone out, but don't leave the hospital," House snapped as he entered the ER. The nurses scattered while House grabbed a needle and went to the medicine cabinet, filling it full of a sedative before going to the patient.

"Dr. House, he's already unconscious, that much sedative will kill him!" The intern protested.

"No, it won't," House snapped as he injected the entire thing. "I've got this patient. You find another one."

The intern fled and House started placing restraints on the patient. A minute later Foreman stepped into the curtained room. "Well, I don't know how you've got that much pull but they say they'll have a team here in two hours. What's going on?"

"I'd like the answer to that myself," Cuddy's voice spat as she whipped the curtain open to scowl at the men.

"It's classified and contagious," House snapped back. He ignored Foreman's curse and the gasps of everyone else as a tall man yanked Cuddy to him, his arm around her neck.

"Let him go," the man snarled.

House raised an eyebrow. "And you'll do what if I don't?"

"House!" Cameron gasped from the sidelines. She'd just arrived when the man had grabbed Cuddy.

"I'll snap her pretty little neck," the man said, narrowing his eyes at House. "You know what we are."

"Yeah, and I am not letting Sleeping Beauty go," House replied and smiled as Chase appeared and injected the sedative House had ordered him to get into the man, who went limp, releasing Cuddy before dropping to the floor.

"Are you all right?" he asked Cuddy as he snapped his fingers for a gurney.

Cuddy rubbed her throat, her eyes wide. "I think so. House, what's going on?"

"Get two more of the same," he ordered Chase even as he helped roll the unconscious man onto the gurney and started strapping him in.

"House!" Cuddy snapped.

"Classified!" House snapped back. "Think worse than a smallpox epidemic with military conotations. And that's all anyone needs to know."

A moan from the other patient made House roll his eyes. "For God's sake. Cameron, go find Chase and both of you go to Wilson and ask for the strongest sedative he's got. And double the dosage."

He scowled at the gawking crowd. "Seriously, there's nothing to see here. If you work here do your damn jobs. If not go back and sit down and wait for a doctor." House smirked as the crowd scattered and he accepted Cuddy's help in pushing the other man beside the first patient who was starting to awaken.

"He was unconscious and you gave him enough to put him down for hours and he's coming around?" she asked incredulously.

"He's dangerous and strong. Both of them are, and their bodies metabolize the meds extremely fast," House sad quietly.

"Do I need to get security to stand outside?" she asked him seriously.

House eyed her. "Call the Marine detachment downtown and get four of them. They'll be better suited for this. Tell them it's a matter of national security, well, because it is."

Wilson heading towards him with concern on his handsome face made House smile in spite of all of the shit that was going on. "Ah, Dr. Wilson, how good of you to come in my hour of need."

Cuddy snorted and left to do as House asked while Wilson handed the first syringe to House who immediately injected it into the first patient.

"Can ~I~ ask what's going on?" he asked, closing the curtain as House checked the second man's responses.

"You can ask but unless I get permission I can't answer," House said, making sure that his lover could see the truth in his eyes. "What I can tell you is that it has to do with my time with the Air Force."

Wilson made a face. House took the confidentiality clause that he'd signed very seriously and wouldn't tell him anything. The look of almost fear on House's face when he'd tried to pursue it had made him back off.

A few minutes later Cuddy slipped back in. "The Marines called back and will be here in a few minutes."

House relaxed fractionally. "Good. Where's Chase?"

"I told him to wait outside for the Marines," she said.

"He did good," House said, surprising both Cuddy and Wilson. House's praise was rare but when he gave it he meant it.

The second man began to come around and House ruthlessly injected him again, making him go limp.

"That's just freakish," Cuddy said. "Chase injected him less than ten minutes ago."

"Really?" Wilson asked in surprise.

"Really," House said dryly. "I need you to get Cameron to bring me at least 10 more prepared injections. Hopefully I can keep ahead of them until the Air Force arrives."

"House, the Air Force is on the phone for you," Foreman said, stepping inside of the curtained cubicle and handing the phone to him.

Wilson sighed. "I'll wait with Chase," he said and stepped out of the cubicle.

House nodded and answered the phone. "House. Hey, Daniel. No, I have it contained so we're okay. Yeah, I read Dr. Frasier's records, I know what needs to be done. Okay, tell the General and Carolyn hello for me. Okay, bye."

"Another Doctor?" Cuddy asked.

"Yep," House said as he closed the phone.

"What specialty?" Foreman asked.

"Archeology," House answered with a smirk.

 

When Colonel Ferretti and his team arrived at the Princeton Plainsboro Hospital he was impressed. There were two Marines just inside of the front doors, and once inside and they'd verified his i.d. there were three more with M-16's just outside of the curtained cubicle.

The curtain whipped to the side and Lou grinned. "I thought you came home to stay out of trouble, Doc." He didn't offer to introduce anyone.

"Lou, what a not pleasure to see you," House replied back. He looked over Ferretti's team, nodding to the personnel he'd met before. "They're all yours," he said and handed the charts of both men to the military doctor.

Packing both goa'uld went quickly, checking all of the interns and nurses that had contact with them not so much. When it was finally over, Lou shook House's hand. "Nice job. I'll tell Dr. J that you're looking good."

House chuckled. "Tell Daniel that I said hello and that I am good."

"Yeah, right," Lou said with his own laugh and he left with a sarcastic salute in House's direction, the Marines following him.

Cuddy and Wilson came up to stand beside House as he watched the heavily armed and armored military truck drive off. "We'll never know what that was about, will we?" Cuddy asked, her voice a little hoarse.

"Trust me," House said flatly. "You don't want to know."

~*~

When Wilson got home House was at the piano, a half full glass of scotch in front of him as he played the blues. He pulled off his tie and coat, dropping them and his briefcase onto the chair before he walked over to sit beside House on the piano bench. "Was it truly as bad as you made it out to be?" he asked.

House sighed and stopped playing the piano, taking a big sip of his scotch before kissing Wilson gently, his eyes stark and haunted. "Worse, Jimmy. If I hadn't figured out what was going on? It would've been much worse."

"Okay," Wilson said. "I'm going to make dinner."

"I've got a casserole in the 'fridge from your mother," House said. "She came while we were at work and brought us some meals. She froze the rest."

"Gotta love my Mom," Wilson said with a genuine smile.

"I do," House said. "If I wasn't in love with her son I'd run away with her to Cancun."

Wilson laughed and got to his feet. "You just love her for her latkes."

"Maybe," House smiled. "Or her pot roast, or maybe her son."

"I see where I am on your list," Wilson teased and disappeared into the kitchen.

"Aw, Jimmy," House said softly as he played a glissando on the piano. "You're number one on my list."

Wilson smiled as he pulled the casserole out of the refridgerator, the sound of House playing piano rounding out his day perfectly.