Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2006-10-18
Words:
3,517
Chapters:
3/3
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,726

Two Colors One Love

Summary:

First Kisses

Chapter 1: Reluctant Admissions

Chapter Text

"Hey Sky," Bridge said, turning in his desk chair. He saw Sky concentrating on the letter that had come in that day's mail run.

"Yeah Bridge?" Sky asked, turning so that he could face his friend.

"I saw Jack and Z kissing earlier."

Sky's face scrunched in thought, then he asked, "Kissing? Where?"

"In the training room. Jack had her pinned to a wall, but she wasn't complaining."

Sky shrugged. "Jack and Z? Never saw that coming."

"I did."

"That doesn't surprise me."

"Know what Jack asked me yesterday on our way to training?"

"No, since I wasn't there and you haven't told me. And that Jack isn't likely to tell me."

"He asked me when I was going to ask Syd out?"

That really got Sky's attention. "Syd? I didn't know you were interested in her."

"I'm not," Bridge sighed, wringing his gloved hands together.

"Then...what?"

"He said it was obvious that I liked someone...he just assumed it was Syd."

"And?" Sky prodded, though he wasn't sure he was after exactly.

"I changed the subject. There are things he doesn't need to know."

"How about me? Do I need to know?"

Bridge eyed Sky curiously. He knew the blue ranger was capable of reading people better than he was credited for. Bridge stood up and crossed the room, sitting on Sky's meticulously made bed.

"Yeah, you need to know."

Sky leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees as he watched Bridge intently. He rarely had to ask for information a second time with Bridge, but he knew his best friend well enough not to this time. There was something important on Bridge's mind, and it was something that was going to be difficult to say. So Sky just let Bridge have the silence to formulate his thoughts.

"Sky...I...you...we..." Bridge stuttered and stammered.

"It isn't Syd you're interested in, it's me," Sky said stoically, just in case he was wrong.

He knew he wasn't when Bridge's eyes widened to a point he'd never seen before. Bridge only nodded, then went to jump off of Sky's bed. But Sky grabbed his arm, keeping him in place.

"Take it easy, Bridge," Sky soothed.

"You...you aren't mad?"

"Not at all, why should I be?"

"I just though you'd..."

"Well, my mother will be happy," Sky purposefully interrupted, wanting to ease Bridge's discomfort.

"Your mother?" Bridge repeated.

"Yeah," Sky answered, allowing a soft smile to break through. "I got a letter from her today."

"Oh? And what did she have to say?"

"Not much," Sky shrugged. "Most of it was telling me about my grandparents and a few cousins. Though there was a little about you in there too."

"And what did she say about me?" Bridge had to ask.

"That I should start seeing what was right in front of my face and do something about it."

"I'm confused."

"I'm trying to say that I...I like you too."

"Well, we're friends, I'd hope you like me," Bridge replied, to which Sky rolled his eyes.

"Bridge..."

"Oh...oh!" Bridge exclaimed. "Now what do we do?"

Sky shrugged. "I haven't exactly done this before," he cautiously admitted.

"Would you mind if I kissed you?"

Sky straightened suddenly, his mind reeling. "No..."

"Well, it'd be easier if you came over here," Bridge said, patting a spot on the bed in front of where he was sitting.

Sky nodded dumbly, then moved to where Bridge had indicated. Seeing Sky's nervousness, it was Bridge's turn to ease the discomfort in the room. He brought his hands up, locking his fingers on Sky's neck, lightly pulling the blue ranger closer.

"I don't want to hurt you..." Sky mumbled as he was drawn in.

"You won't," Bridge stated. "You can't."

Their lips met lightly, tentatively, almost chaste. They pulled back a little, each gaining just a little more confidence. Then Sky put his hands on Bridge's sides, clutching the cloth of Bridge's shirt in his fists. On his own accord, Sky leaned in just as Bridge did. This time the kiss was stronger, though still tender.

"This is nice," Bridge sighed, their lips barely parted.

"Good, this is definitely good," Sky added.

Bridge moved so that he was stretched out on Sky's bed, leaving little room for Sky to lie next to him. Sky managed, lying on his side with his head propped up with one hand.

"Think they're serving something good for dinner?" Bridge asked as he stared at the ceiling.

"Probably not," Sky answered, idly tracing the lines of Bridge's top with his free hand. "Good food can only be found outside of SPD headquarters."

"Then we should go out somewhere. I'm in the mood for something good," Bridge replied, grabbing Sky's roaming hand with his own.

"Fine with me," Sky replied.

"Would this count as our first date?" Bridge asked, bringing Sky's hand up so he could kiss the palm.

"I think it would."

"Good. Very good," Bridge mumbled, clutching Sky's hand tightly.

They would've lied in silence if it weren't for Bridge's inability to be quiet for more than a minute. So they talked comfortably about anything and everything under the sun. And all the while, their fingers remained intertwined, resting on Bridge's chest.