Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
3,033
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,300

Buffy Foundation Challenge - Angel's Response

Summary:


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge written by Caliadragon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His heart was breaking, but even so, he knew there was much he had to do. He put aside his grief and his horror. He put aside his rage and his desperation and went to work making sure that the evil that they dealt with would be subdued. He had to put away his own dislike and needs so that the people that he loved would be taken care of. Willow, Tara, and Giles had fallen apart. Spike was mourning and no one would have answered his pleas anyway. Dawn was too young and Anya was gone, dead the same night that Buffy fell from the tower.

That left him.

So he called those he knew would help him, even the ones he disliked. When calls weren't returned, he delved into what little magick he knew and sent out calls through magick.

His heart felt plea came at a time when several were feeling lost in their duties, but it also went to those who had no idea that Xander Harris and his friends existed. As such, Xander received more help than he could possibly have imagined…

Work Text:

FANDOM: Buffy Xover Angel - AU of Angel

AUTHOR NOTE: This is in answer to Calidragon's Buffy Foundation
Challenge.

WARNING: This story has not been beta. If you like to beta it please let me know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
asecretsoul.jpg  
by Texas Aries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The large black convertible pulled smoothly into its usual arking spot beneath the hotel. The drive didn't immediately turn off the engine. Instead he leaned back and closed his eyes letting the purr of the engine lull him into a semi meditated state.

With a sigh the driver open his eyes but gone was the normal dark brown they usually were, but they were also not the gold of his vampire half. Instead they were a startling shade of silver that had flecks of blue and green shift and swirl in the metallic depths. Then between one blink and another they became a soft warm blue as the drive got out of the car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At one time he was known as Liam Crane the youngest son of the local magistrate, who was out celebrating with his boyo's before leaving to join his regimented. Instead during his drunken state he was killed and turned into a vampire know as Angelus.

As Angelus he became known as one of the scourges of Europe. Killing, maiming, and taking anything that he wanted without conscious. But that part of his life ended the same night that he killed the favorite daughter of a gypsy clan, when they cursed him with a soul.

Then a new chapter opened in his life, and he became Angel the vampire with the soul. That was until the dreams started about six months ago.

The dreams seemed so real, as if they were memories, but how could they be when they were not connected to either Liam's or Angelus's lives. At first he ignored them but as time went on the dreams became more realistic and with more detail. They showed him the everyday life of a small gypsy boy he figured was somewhere between four and six years old. They were pleasant dream allowing him to bask in the sunlight as the little boy explored and learned at the feet of his elders. The child was loved and cared for by all those of the clan. It was the week before that he was dreaming of the child playing when arms grabbed him shushing his cries as he was spirited away from his family only to be released in a cave. But before the child could run a hand gabbed his hair and forcing the child to arch his neck backwards to stare up at the creature that held him.

It was looking up into that face that had Angelus roaring and him snarling in anger for that face did not belong to a creature as the child though but instead the woman that had cursed him. Then in a blink of the eye vampire and soul watched as the old crone slit the child's throat. Both light and dark watched as the child's soul did not escape to heaven but instead was drawn to an orb trapping the pure spirit in its depths.

Angel remember screaming as he awoke from that dream and he knew, knew deep in his very being that what had occurred in the dream was true, but he needed the confirmation before telling any of his friends. There was only one person that could provide him with that proof and that was Lorne. His need for proof drove him to leave a quick note telling the other he's checking something out, got dress and travel the sewers of LA to get to Lorne's club. There he woke the host and together discovered the horrifying truth.

That the soul was not that of Liam Crane but that of gypsy child by the name of Angel.

Together he and Lorne used ever connection that they could to find that clan in hopes that they might be able to help and if not, at least to provide them with the answers they have probably been searching for over a hundred years. It was on the third day that they arrived in the club calling out his name. Causing the patrons and employees of Lorne's club to run in a blind panic for none wanted to fast those ancient beings that were called the Shadow Men.

Angel swallowed and stood as those ancient powerful beings surround him, while Angelus cowered and whined in terror. He was afraid but was determine to meet his fate on his feet and not hiding in a corner somewhere begging for his life. But instead of striking him down they reached out and gently touched him reaching past the physical right to the soul.

Angel staggered as the knowledge of who and what the child was, for the child was the promise child of a clan directly descended from the Shadow Men. This child was met to stand as a balance between the light and dark to allow neither of the two side total domination over the other for if either side would win it would mean the end of all life.

Life is composed of different shades of grey not black and white as each side has told it champions. Each creature, man and demon alike, have both a light and dark side invested in them. Without the dark the light will be cold and would have lost its ability for compassion. The dark will be ruled only by passion and be reduced to those basic needs not able to think past them.

When the child had been taken it was only a matter of hours before the clan had found the child's body and called in the Shadow Men for they could feel the residue of blackest of magic surround the body and the cave. By the time they have arrived all that those ancient beings could determine was that the child's soul had been stolen. It had took the Shadow Men a dozen years before they tracked down the one who had performed the spell but the woman was so far into madness they had to reach into her mind. What they found was a woman so lost in grief and hatred that she cursed a vampire for the death of her daughter using darkest of magic and the stolen soul of their chosen.

Once they read what they could of her mind they killed her quickly by snapping her neck. They then turning to leaders of the clan to determine what punishment that it should receive, but reading mind after mind they could see that the woman never told them what she had done. They left the clan cowering in fear, and went in search of the vampire called Angelus but lost track of the creature. Then as the years went by they started to hear strange rumors of a vampire with a soul called Angel, but every time they arrived at the spot where the creature was suppose to be they found that it either had move on or was never there in the first place.

When Angel's inquires have reached their ears they have used every method at their disposed to travel around the world to find him and to see if he was the one they have been searching for so long for. Upon entering the building they knew that their search had ended for their little Angel was there and he needed them. Using their ancient power they ripped the demon Angelus from body determine to destroy the creature but was stopped by their child who beg them to spare the creature that he needed it to be who he was.

They heard his words and knew that he was speaking the truth but they could not allow this mad creature to live as it was and allow it to torment their Angel. With only one solution open to them they dispassionately tore the creature apart removing the parts they didn't like, keeping those that they saw as useful and adding parts of themselves before merging the soul of their chosen with it. Slowly they moved away allowing their chosen to stand by himself and waited for their champion to open his eyes. Slowly the man opened his eyes and they blinked in surprise to see metallic silver eyes swirling with colors of green and blue in their depths looking back at them with love and gratitude as he gently caressed their mind with his.

A soft fearful voice called out "Angelkins?"

The Shadow Men parted as they turned to look at the lone Demon that had not run from them but had stayed out of friendship for their chosen. It was afraid but it stood there with an axe determine to protect his friend against them. They parted allowing the creature to draw closer to their chosen.

Again the soft question, "Angelkins?"

Their chosen smiled softly at the approaching demon as he replied, "No Lorne. Not anymore. You can call me Itzal."

The Shadow Men watched their chosen's interaction with this demon and seeing fond memories and friendship this creature had with him, they decided that it would make a fitting companion for their champion. Before the newly name Itzal or Lorne could react they reached out and changed Lorne removing the outward appearance of a demon giving him human feature and the same abilities as their chosen while retaining the demon's ability to read souls and their future.

Itzal caught Lorne as the changes ripped through Lorne causing him to collapse. Slowly Itzal lowered the spamming body to the floor of the club before gently pulling the lean body against his, hoding his friend tight in his arms. He could only beg for the Shadow Men to stop as Lorne continued to scream in pain as the transformation ripped through his body. As sudden as the transformation started it was over leaving Lorne pant as silent tears fell down his cheeks. Gently Itzal turned his friend around to face him, titling his friend's face up towards him and gasped at the transformation he saw there.

Gone were Lorne's horns, red eyes and green skin. Instead a rather handsome man with eyes the color of honey that had swirls of red and green flecks dancing in their depths looking up at him in confusion. Gently Itzal cuddle the other man close as he gently brushed the wet tail of tears from one sharp cheekbone before doing the same to the other. Slowly, sensually he trailed his fingertips down the side of Lorne's face before cupping the strong jaw in the palm of his hand. He couldn't stop himself from brushing his thumb against Lorne's full bottom lip before he slowly so very slowly leaned down to take so tempting mouth in a long claiming kiss.

Strong arms reached around him and pulled him closed encouraging Itzal to deepen the kiss as he gently lowered his mate to the wooden floor. Gently he turned Lorne's face away from him exposing the tender throat to him. Sharp fangs descended as he leaned in to inhale the scent of his arouse mate before gently and careful insert them into the pale flesh. Dimly Itzal heard a sharp hiss of pain followed by a long moan of desire.

One swallow of rich blood slid down his throat opening the link to his mates mind.

At the second swallow Itzal slipped into his mates mind learning every secret, every fear, everything about Lorne.

At the third and final swallow Itzal merged with his mate so that all that the other was, all dreams, all desires, all fears were shared and cherished.

Unknown by both men, Itzal teeth started to release a silver and gold ink that formed an complicated design upon Lorne's neck marking him as his. Once the design was complete Itzal gently withdrew from his mate's neck the holes disappeared leaving no mark but the beautiful tattoo on Lorne's neck.

Itzal released Lorne's face, exposing his neck to encourage his mate's own need for claiming and marking. He shivered in anticipation as he felt the brush of air as Lorne breathed against his neck. A sharp pain had him whimper before a long low growl of pleasure escape from his panting mouth as once against they merged into one being. Dimly he could feel a warmth spread up from the bite and knew that he was receiving his own claiming marking.

Dimly he remembered climbing the stares to Lorne's room carrying his mate in his arms before spending two days making love only emerging to grab something to eat before returning to their room and another round of love making.

On the second day not being able to reach Wes, Fred, Cordelia or Gunn, Itzal made his way back to the hotel. Upon arriving he found Gunn's crew trying to fix up the place from a surprise attack by a group of ape like creatures. He quickly found out that Fred was killed during the first opening move before the others could react and fight back.

Itzal pushed aside his grief for the moment to find out about the others. According to the men Gunn, West and Cordelia fought back with everything at their disposal and took down, a shit load of the bastards, but they were outnumbered. According to Gunn's crew the only thing that saved them was the arrived of LA's SWAT team that took care of most of the creatures. They then rushed Gunn, Wes and Cordelia to the hospital.

Cordelia had a slight concussion and a broken arm but otherwise would live and actually would be coming home tomorrow. Hence them being here cleaning up the place because none of them wanted to face the Cheerleader' s wrath if they didn't do as they were told.

Gunn on the other hand broke a couple of ribs and his leg which required him to remain in the hospital for traction for the next week while it healed.

Wes was the most seriously wounded of the three of them. He had to be rushed into emergency surgery and they only gave him a 30-70 chance of surviving the surgery. If he did his survive would increase slightly to 40-60.

Itzal turned and rushed to the hospital, and thanked his Godfather's for their gift in allowing him to travel during day light. It was painful like a dull pounding ache but he was still able to go out without bursting into flames. Reaching the hospital he quickly located Wes hospital room and entered the room only to find Cordelia setting the bedside vigil while Gunn watched from the bed next to Wes.

The sound of the heart monitor was loud in the room as was the hiss of the machine forcing air into Wes's lungs. Ignoring his two friends for the moment, Itzal cross the small patch of sunlight and paying any attention to the gasp of surprise at the act, to stand looking down at his friend's pale, motionless face. Hesitantly Itzal, as fearing to hurt the broken human, he reached out to touch one still cheek with his fingertip and sigh in relief as he felt the warmth against his fingertips. But as he stood there looking down he saw death creeping in little by little he was going to lose Wes and he was damn if he was going to let that happen.

Running on instinct, Itzal gently removed the blankets leaving Wes naked before him, dimly he noted that the other man was nicely built. Ignoring Cordelia's demands for answers he gently peeling back the bandages on Wes's wounds exposed them to his view. Extending his fangs he ripped his wrist open, and working quickly allowed a few drops of his blood to seep into Wes's infected wounds. At first nothing happen but they then started to heal, the smaller ones first before the larger and serious ones. As they started to heal it awoke Wes who started to choke on the air tube in his throat, which set off the alarms.

Before Itzal knew it he was pushed aside and out the door as a team of doctors and nurses rushed in to see what was happening to their patient. Only to be confronted by one confused and majoredly pissed off Cordelia Chase who reached up and with a firm grip on his ear lead him to a deserted hospital room. After enduring a half hour of
being threaten with getting his balls cut off to being staked out in the middle day sun he finally got a chance to tell her what had happen. She sat spell bound as he told her everything including claiming Lorne as his mate.

He saw a flash of hurt at that and knew that she had feeling for him other than friendship, but it was not met to be and maybe it was for the best. Both of them too much fire to live comfortably with one another for long without burning the other to a cindered. No this way was the best.

They made their way back to find that Wes had made a full recovery and he could check out the next day. They just wanted to make sure that whatever had happen didn't reverse itself during the night. Once the medical personal was gone, Itzal told Gunn and Wes what had happen and his new and proper name.

Itzal Andor.

He only left when visiting time was over and made his way back to the hotel to pick up some clothing before heading back to Lorne's place. As he was walking towards the parking lot entrance to the hotel he was brought to his knees as he felt the call.

The pain.

The loneliness.

The determination.

And the call of duty.

Through his link with Lorne he could tell his mate could also feel the call. Both of them knew that they could do nothing but answer it for Xander Harris held the soul of one Liam Crane and he could not refuse to answer the call.