Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2007-11-10
Words:
20,275
Chapters:
12/12
Comments:
1
Kudos:
24
Hits:
7,411

The Bully

Summary:

It's the first day of middle school for 12 year old Bo Duke. It's anything but fun and games for the young Duke boy, as a long time bully, Bobby Baxter, starts picking on him. Things go from bad to worse when Bo is landed in the hospital. Will he tell his family what's going on before it's to late?

Chapter 1: The first day of school

Chapter Text

 

 

Balladeer: Welcome to Hazzard County. the only place where the unexpected is expected. that there is Bo Duke. he's the youngest member of the Duke clan. That tall handsome fella next to him is the second oldest member of the Duke clan, and that galthere is Daisy. She is Bo and Luke's other cousin. It's the first day of school for the Duke kids. None of them is too anxious about goin' back for another school year.

It was the first day of school at Hazzard Middle School. Bo Duke was just starting his first year in middle school, where his older cousin Daisy was starting her third year, and his oldest cousin, Luke, was starting high school.

"Hey Luke."

"Yeah Bo?"

"What's middle school like?"

"Well sixth grade is pretty easy, seventh is pretty easy too, but eighth grade is a little harder. Why are you wanting to know for?"

"Just curious is all. I'm kinda nervous."

"I was the same way on my first day of middle school. Don't worry, it'll pass soon. You'll be making all kinds of new friends before you know it."

"Yeah, maybe. I don't like getting up so early. Why do we get up so early for?"

"I dunno, but look at the bright side, you get out earlier."

"Really? Well that'll explain how you and Daisy always beat me home."

"You mean you never knew that?" Luke asked not believing that his young cousin didn't know.

"No. why should've I?"

"Ummm, well not everyone knows that, so you're okay. Uh oh, we better get going otherwise we'll be late for class." Luke said as he looked at his watch.

"Okay Luke, see ya after school."

"Okay Bo! See ya!" Luke yelled after his cousin, as he ran towards the high school which was right next to the middle school.

Balladeer: Poor ol' Bo. Being in a new school, 'specially middle school sure can be scary. hope he makes it through the day.

Bo not being used to getting up so early in the morning, kept falling asleep in class. The teachers kept yelling at him for falling asleep while they explained how the middle school worked and other boring things like that. As hard as Bo fought to stay awake, sleep kept winning. He spent the rest of the morning like that.

Later at lunch, Bo sat alone at one of the tables, not having seen any of his friends from last year. After he ate he went outside for recess. He discovered that the playground didn't have a very wide selection of things to do aside from walking around the track, playing tether ball or basketball, or talking to friends. Seeing that no one was playing at one of the tether ball poles, Bo decided to play a game against himself.

He hit the ball so hard at times that it got stuck on the top of the pole and Bo was forced to climb the pole to get it. After what seemed like the millionth game against himself, he began to grow bored. He decided to hit the ball around the pole one last time. Bo didn't even notice the older boy that was standing near him. When the ball went around the pole, it hit the older boy in the back of the head. Bo noticed immediately that the ball had hit the wrong thing. He went over to apologize to the older boy.

"Hey I'm sorry, I didn't see ya there. Are you alright?" Bo asked. The older boy turned around and Bo knew right away who it was. Bobby Baxter. The meanest kid in Hazzard County. Everyone who wasn't in his gang feared him and if anyone mad him mad, they would pay for it.

Bo had had problems with Bobby in the past back in elementary school, but had forgotten about Bobby Baxter, whom everyone called B.B. for short, when he had been sent to juvenile detention for beating a kid so bad that he was hospitalized. Bo backed up some in an attempt to get away. Bo turned around as fast as he could, but found that he was being held by the collar of his shirt. B.B. was taller then Bo by about a foot and a half. He also outweighed Bo by about a hundred pounds, all muscle.

Bo tried to wiggle his way out of B.B.'s grasp, but found that he couldn't. B.B. held Bo up in front of his face. Bo looked into hate and anger filled eyes. B.B. seemed to fed off of Bo's fear, as it only made him smile a smile that was so evil and menacing looking, that it made Bo's blood run cold.

Balladeer: Uh oh, I smell T-R-O-U-B-L-E. Them Dukes could find trouble even while they are asleep. hope Bo has a plan to get around that B.B. fella for the rest of the school year.

"Better start watching yer back there Duke. I'm feeling generous today, so I'm gonna let you off with a warning this time." B.B. brought up his left fist and punched Bo in the face. "Next time Duke, you'll get an even worse beating." B.B. threatened. He grinned at seeing the small line of blood sliding down the side of Bo's mouth. He tossed Bo to the ground and walked off, not even turning back.

Bo sat on the ground not even moving to get up. He sat there until the teacher, who had been handling another problem at the same time that B.B. had punched Bo, blew the whistle that told everyone to line up to go back to class. Bo stood up and wiped the drying blood off his face. He walked over to the line and stood in an empty spot at the end. Bo sat the rest of the school day thinking about what B.B. had said, and threatened to do.

Bo couldn't decide if he should tell anyone or not. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even hear the last bell of the day ring. He noticed all the other kids leaving and realized that school was finally over. Bo rushed to the bathroom check for a bruise, since he hadn't been able to all day. When e got to the bathroom, he looked in the mirror and was welcomed by the sight of a nasty bruise on his right cheek.

Bo flinched a little at the sight, and was surprised that none of his teachers noticed the bruise. He tried to think of an excuse to tell his cousins when he found them. Bo walked out of the bathroom and made his way to the bus that would drop him and his cousins off at the end of their road. Bo was surprised to see Luke waiting for him by the doors of the bus.

He noticed Daisy on the bus already chatting with some friends of hers. Bo tried to act as normal as possible so as not to make Luke even more suspicious about the monster of a bruise that had formed on his face. Bo wasn't surprised to hear Luke ask him what had happened to him when Luke saw the bruise.

"Oh my God Bo! What in the world happened to your face?" Luke asked worriedly.

"Uh, nothing, I uh, just got hit in the face by the tether ball today is all. I threw it a little to hard and it nailed me in the face." Bo was hoping that Luke would buy his story, and a wave of relief flowed over him when Luke said okay.

"Ya gotta watch out for them things. They'll nail ya when ya least expect it. And they can leave a nasty bruise. Trust me it happened to me on my first day of middle school too. Hurt like a son of a gun." Luke said laughing a little at the memory that came back to him of his first encounter with the bad side of tether ball.

Bo rode the rest of the way home not saying a thing. Luke didn't think to much of it, knowing how nervous Bo probably was during the day. After the hour long bus ride to the end of the road to the Duke farm, Bo and Luke raced each other to the house. Daisy was left to walk alone in their dust. Luke reached the house first just like he had always done before. Bo was glad that his Uncle Jesse wasn't home at the time, so he didn't have to lie about the bruise right away. Bo was tired from the whole day and having to get up early.

"I'm gonna go take a nap. I'm pretty tired. I sure hope I get used to getting up so dang early." Bo said to Luke who just laughed at Bo's remark about getting used to getting up so early. Bo just ignored Luke and went into his and Luke's room that they had shared since Bo had come to the farm when he was only five months old. He flopped down on his bed after taking his boots off, and was asleep within minutes.

Balladeer: Bo sure lucked out this time. Ol' Jesse, the Duke patriarch, being gone at the moment, Bo didn't have to worry about explaining to Jesse about the bruise. But what about when Jesse gets home and Bo wakes up? Stick 'round ya'll too find out.

 

Well that's the end of chapter 1! hope ya'll enjoyed it!I will update my other stories as soon as the cursed writer's block decides to go home or go to someone elses home. anywho please R&R! if i get at least five good reviews i'll update sooner then planned. don't ya'll go to the fridge now, ya hear?