Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
473
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,027

The Rescue

Summary:

no summary

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

The Rescue

by Trakal

"Hand over the baby." the white haired man ordered as he rushed into the Shinra Mansion. "Do you hear me! Give him to me this instant."

"How *DARE* you!" the young man in the lab coat demanded, standing up and clasping the infant child in his arms.

The other man stepped forward. His hair was short, worn in a military style buzz-cut. His eyes shone with a familiar glow.

"You've been exposed to Mako." the young scientist noted.

"So you know what I'm capable of, Hojo."

"How do you know my name?"

"Never mind." the man replied. "I've come for the infant. You will hand him over to me or I will kill you."

"Who are you? And why should I gave this child to you."

"Who I am is not your concern. As for the child..." his eyes glowed dangerously, "I know what you plan to do with this innocent soul. I will *not* permit you to subject him to that which you have planned for him."

"The child will remain here and there is nothing you can do about it." Hojo replied as he hit a button which caused a trap door to open under the intruder.

The man fell into a pit of monsters. Hojo looked down at the infant. "That man wanted to steal you. Let's watch and see what happens to naughty men who try to steal babies."

He made the infant watch as the monsters approached the white haired man.

The white haired man launched himself at the monsters, making short work of them, then flew up through the trap door.

He stood in mid-air before Hojo. "Give me the child." he repeated his earlier demand.

"I'll kill him before I give him to you." Hojo threatened.

"Either way, he'll be free." the man shrugged.

"If that's how you want it..."

Hojo reached over for his dagger. The intruder took advantage of the distraction and leaped forward, snatching the baby from his arms, then leaping out of reach before Hojo could grab the child back.

The man hurried out to the street with Hojo in pursuit.

Hojo got out to the street and couldn't see the man. He ran to the entrance of an alley and looked down it.

The man was just standing there. Not trying to flee or fight. Just standing there with the baby in his arms.

Hojo walked forward, intending to grab the child while the man was preoocupied with whatever he was doing.

"It's all right now, Sephiroth." the man told the baby in his arms. "You're safe now."

The child cooed and gurgled happily at the man holding him.

Hojo moved closer. Just as he was withing arms' length of the other man, the man looked up at him.

"Bye!" the man said, as he vanished.

 

-30-

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Trakal.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.