Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
711
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
950

Lie too Me

Summary:

Inspired by
Full of Grace - Sarah McLaughlin
And
Buffy 2.07: Lie To Me

One Shot

After Grace ends it with Luke, he seeks shelter in his room. Joan doesn't want to leave him on his own so she invites Friedman over.

Sequel coming soon.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Friedman walked up to Luke and Joan's house and knocked on the door quietly. Joan opened at and gave Friedman a heart warming smile.

"Thanks for coming." She said softly. "I need to get to work but I didn't want to leave him." She came out the door but left it open for Friedman. "Help yourself to anything in the fridge, but don't touch the beer." She joked. Friedman smiled. "See you in a couple of hours. Kevin might be home before me."

Joan kissed Friedman on the cheek before going down the path away from the house. Friedman waved his goodbye then went into the house. He headed up stairs towards Luke's room.

He opened the door just wide enough for him to slip in. It was hard to see in the room. Almost completely dark asides from small light near Luke's bed, but it were enough for Friedman to walk over and sit down on the bed next to Luke. Luke was leaning against the head rest of his bed, hugging his knees.

"Hey." Friedman's voice cut through the silence but got no reply. "Are you okay?" Luke let out a little, tear filled grunt. "Look, Luke. I'm not going to make up loads of 'she wasn't worth it' or 'she was stupid to do it' or anything like that. But it'll get better, and I'm here for you if and when you need me, okay?"

A long silence bit at Friedman before "Thanks." Luke choked out.


An hour later, Luke was in the same spot on his bed, but now he had his legs laid down straight. Friedman was sitting next to him, in the same position. The radio was on, quietly playing a song, Virgin State of Mind - K's Choice, the lyrics were just about hear able but not load enough to be understood fully.

"Look," Friedman said. "If you want to, I don't know, cry or something. Then I won't mind."

Luke sat in silence for a minute before saying "I just don't understand why she ended it. I mean, she knew that I didn't agree with her on everything, and she didn't agree with me on everything but I thought we were trying to see past that."

"What do you want me to say?" Friedman asked, beat.

After another silence. "Lie to me." Luke smiled.

Friedman smiled too. "Alright then. Grace is a head job. Any woman, man or other would kill to be with you because you are so perfect. They would easily look past their beliefs so that they could be with you and you'll get married and make loads of little perfect children."

"See, now that's what I said." Luke laughed, then the quiet once again swarmed into the room, but it wasn't the uncomfortable silence that it was before. Luke felt the tears begin to build up in his eyes again; he laid down and rolled onto his side so that Friedman couldn't see.

But Friedman heard the little sob. He laid down next to Luke and wrapped his arm around Luke, pulling him close. Normally, Friedman would find something like this weird, but tonight, with Luke, it felt okay. Their bodies were right up together, Luke put his arm on top of Friedman's, and fingers wrapped in between his.

Friedman put his lips up to Luke's ear. He wasn't completely sure about saying this, but it was as if he didn't have a choise. "Luke," He whispered. "No matter what happens, I'll be here for you, whenever you need me. You know that right?"

Luke let go of Friedman's hand and rolled over to face him. They looked at each other for a long minute, before, practically perfect in timing; they moved closer and pressed their lips together.

They broke apart and Luke put his head down, burying himself in Friedman's neck.

"I love you, Friedman."

"I love you too, Luke."

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters in this story, nor do I own any rights to the television show "Joan of Arcadia".

Challenge Me: Hey people. I've been looking for challenges lately. If anyone has a challenge then please check my profile. Details are there. (AFF users, there is a link to a Piczo site with challenge details)

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Soul Ribbon.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.