Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
363
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
21
Hits:
2,087

Moment

Summary:

The room was filled with noises but few sounds really registered with him

Work Text:

Moment
By Susie

The room was filled with noises but few sounds really registered with him. His mind was locked on one thing, helping her. Everyone else in the room was as a pattern on the wallpaper except when it affected her in someway.

He felt more alive in this moment than he had in his whole life. His mind running almost in rote as he saw to her needs leaving the rest of it to record this precious memory. His arm screamed out in pain as her hands gripped once more so hard that purple places would be left. His whole body cried out for rest as exhaustion tried to over come it.

And then he looked at her.

She was never more beautiful than at this moment. Her face all scrunched up tight in a mixture of concentration and pain. Soft auburn hair cascaded in sweat drenched strands. The softest, sweetest red lips which are cracked and swollen from her biting them. Her eyes shut tight as she pushed every muscle, every thought; all working in a symphony of want and need.

Then a breath of relief as she relaxed.

The grip on his arm and hand slowly eased up, the slight smile and the glow of love as she opens her eyes. In that breath, their eyes lock, love and strength passing between them. Each sending quiet thoughts as the white walls, the people and machines fade away. Their whole world in this breath is each other. The silent exchange of "I'm sorry" passing from her to him as her harsh words register in her mind. A gentle kiss of love to let her know that it's okay and forgotten. The pure flow of love, their hearts beating almost as one.

Then it broken as once more she is forced back into action. Gripping his arm and pushing. Her body commanding control of their lives as once more muscles pulled, contracted in an effort to get permanent relief. As he watches her suffering a thought flashes through him, **is it worth it**

And then the wail

Loud

Strong

Announcing his arrival.

end