Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
495
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
947

Fountain Memories

Summary:

Blair's first day back at Rainier after the fountain drowning.

Work Text:

Title: Fountain Memories
Author: Debbie
Email: debbie020556@yahoo.com
Fandom: The Sentinel
Genre: Gen
Pairing/Characters: Blair Sandburg, Jim Ellison, (mention of Alex Barnes
Rating: FRT
Word count: 411
Summary: Blair's first day back at Rainier after the fountain drowning.
Warnings: Spoilers for 'Sentinel, Too'
Notes: I do not own The Sentinel or any of the characters. This was written for entertainment purposes only.
Acknowledgments: Written in response to 15minuteficlets - word: memory.

~~~~~
Fountain Memories
Debbie

 

Blair returned to Rainier University, a week after returning from Sierra Verde. It had been a little over two weeks since being drowned by Alex, the *other* sentinel. He shook his head every time he thought about the whole thing.

Alex Barnes had arrived in Cascade and Jim had immediately known something was up, just not realizing the implications. When Blair met her, he knew he had found another sentinel, another person with heightened senses. Once in a lifetime was rare and here Blair had found two people.

Blair had been totally naïve about the whole situation and hadn't mentioned a thing to Jim about Alex, nor had he mentioned anything about Jim to Alex. He had planned to bring them both together in a controlled situation to see how they interacted. Blair had never taken into account that Jim might be able to *sense* another sentinel in his territory.

Alex turned out to be a criminal and was only using Blair as a means to get temporary control over her senses so she could steal the nerve gas. After that deed was accomplished, she deemed Blair expendable, since he knew her secret. She had arrived at Rainier early that bright day and led Blair by gunpoint outside of Hargrove Hall. When they reached the fountain, she hit him in the back of his head. Blair was dazed and Alex took advantage of that fact by pushing Blair into the fountain. When he fallen face first, she held him under the water, easily handling his feeble struggles at trying to resurface. Soon, he was still and he had lost consciousness, knowing he was going to die.

The memory of all that, along with everything else that had happened overwhelmed Blair when he arrived at the scene of the crime, the fountain. He stood there, transfixed and lost in his memory.

There was a touch on his shoulder and he was brought from his memory. He turned to see Jim standing there.

"What are you doing here?" Blair was slightly confused.

"I had a feeling you might have a slight problem this morning. We could have come here before you came back officially."

"Yeah. It's just going to take a little time before I get used to this. It's still fresh in my mind and memory."

"I understand what you're saying, Chief. It's the same way with me."

Blair only nodded his head and let Jim lead him away from the fountain.