Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
7,939
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
12
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,084

Tres Tre and Trois

Summary:

. He felt like that awkward little boy again watching all the other kids play as he sat in the sandpit clutching a ladybug carefully in his hands and having no one to show it to.

Work Text:

Tres, Tre and Trois

Gil pretended that he wasn't watching them, that he didn't care and that the file in front of him on the break-room table was far more important than them. This report needed to be done, stamped and sealed until further notice, or so he kept telling himself.

In reality though he couldn't help glancing up to watch the lazy, loving strokes of Nick's thumb on Greg's ankle. They were currently sprawled on the break-room sofa, not in some hormonal teenage way but certainly much more comfortably than two male friends should be. Nick was sat leaning back with his legs stretched out before him as he stretched the hand not stroking Greg's foot across the back of the suite. Greg was stretched out across the sofa with his arms folded behind his head, one foot in Nick's lap and the other flat on the floor as they conversed comfortably.

Gil envied them.

It wasn't that their relationship was a secret, those who mattered knew they'd been together for close to three years now. But Gil had never had it so obviously in his face. There were always hinted comments but apart from the occasional pat or affectionate squeeze they'd pretty much kept it out of the public eye.

Gil shook his head to clear his thoughts when he heard Greg give a quick laugh. He watched, his heart aching in a way that he couldn't describe, as Nick smirked again as he tickled Greg's shin.

"Don't make me kick you," Greg warned quietly and Nick snorted in teasing disbelief as he huffed out a laugh of his own.

Gil continued to watch them and could feel a wave of remorse wash over him. It seemed unfair really that life should mock him so cruelly with these two beautiful men right in front of him, and reminding him constantly how he couldn't have either.

He remembered being present for Nick's interview, remembered walking into Brass's office and quite literally having the wind knocked out of him when he was greeted with sun-kissed skin, intelligent brown eyes and a wide, joyful grin. He'd been stunned into silence as he shook the younger man's hand, enthralled when a still strong Texan accent (and wasn't it a crying shame it was beginning to faze out a little?) slipped from between the tempting lips and he had to restrain himself from saying something stupid.

Of course it also meant he said barely anything at all. Nick seemed to take it in his stride though.

He got to know Nick Stokes, became more enchanted by him as time went by but for the life of him he couldn't bring himself to startle the green, still rather innocent young man with such a forward act such as asking him out to coffee or breakfast. He made up for it with a nickname: 'Nicky'.

Well, until he ruined it all with words he had uttered when the tension got too much.

"So...It's over."

God he was an idiot.

Gil sighed and let his eyes rest on the much more maturer, and if he was honest, much more wonderfully challenging Nick Stokes, allowing himself the indulgence of simply basking in the man's compassion (even if it seemed to be directed at others rather than himself these days). Then he allowed his blue eyes to drift slightly over to Greg.

Greg Sanders: what could he say? An equally as captivating man as Nick but for entirely different reasons. When Greg had stepped through those doors for his first interview Gil had had mixed reactions. Firstly he had briefly wondered why some college student had wandered into the lab, with his wristbands, crazy (but oddly smart) shirt and curling hair, before he realised this was the man who's CV had had him thoroughly impressed. He'd pushed the thought away though as he recalled his days as a young coroner back in California.

His other reaction hadn't been much different from his one with Nick. Greg, with his lively energy and eagerness, had pulled him in and he found himself trying not to smile as he watched Greg with his chattiness completely leave Jim out at sea. Thankfully Gil had had better control over his speech this time round.

Movement from the sofa caught Gil's eye again and he watched as Greg lifted his hand to cover Nick's where it rested across the sofa backing. Sometimes it hurt to watch their interactions, especially when he considered his feelings for both men.

One was loud, the other quiet but observant. One was a dark beauty with cinnamon skin, almost mahogany coloured eyes and a hint of Spanish lineage in his face. The other was fair with light brown, sometimes blonde hair, coffee coloured eyes and pink lips that contrasted against his pale skin and dark moles. Both stunning and Gil had always wondered if he would one day take the chance to ask one out.

That is, until the day they found each other.

It had hurt, God how it had hurt. Here he was, a middle-aged man pinning after two much younger men, who had his heart shattered the day he stood by and watched as something more meaningful formed between them. Oh he'd seen the interactions they'd had, Nick's friendly pats, the getting into one another's space and the teasing flirtation, but for some reason he ignored that little voice niggling away telling him to act quickly until it was too late.

They had each other now and Gil, alone, was only ever allowed to look but never touch. He felt like that awkward little boy again watching all the other kids play as he sat in the sandpit clutching a ladybug carefully in his hands and having no one to show it to.

Sighing inaudibly one last time Gil closed the file and tucked it under his arm as he left the room.

...........................................................................

Greg watched Grissom leave with an almost sad look on his face and turned to look at Nick who was also watching their boss's departure.

"Was it something I said?" Greg said and Nick frowned a little as he thought about it.

"He's been doing that a lot recently," he mused allowed and Greg flexed the foot still in Nick's lap prompting the older man to continue with his massage.

"Doing what?" He said as he stretched, placing his arms behind his head and Nick shrugged as he dropped his gaze to his lover.

"Leaving when we're in the room together."

Greg stopped mid-stretch and cocked his head as he mentally went over all his interactions with Grissom.

"Holy Hell, he has hasn't he!"

Nick nodded grimly and Greg moved up and towards him then, sitting beside him as they both leant forwards a little to talk quietly.

"Do you think we make him uncomfortable?" Greg said but Nick shook his head as he clasped his hands together.

"I don't think its that. I mean, c'mon, this is Grissom. Two guys shacking up is hardly going to be the thing to rattle his cage."

Greg hummed his agreement and leant a little more into Nick as he pondered the weird behaviour of their supervisor.

"But do we make him uncomfortable?" he said again and Nick was quiet as he thought about the emphasis on Greg's question.

"I...don't think its discomfort," Nick said carefully trying to gauge how Greg might take his theory, "I think...well he's always been rather fond of you G."

Greg quirked an eyebrow pulling back slightly to get a better look of Nick's face. Nick did offer a little smile as he caught disbelief etched into the youthful features and he breathed out a chuckle.

"Don't look at me like that, it's true."

"No, its not. I just find it odd..."

"Why?" Nick said leaning back again and Greg followed, lowering his voice so passers-by couldn't listen in.

"Well haven't you noticed?" he said in a tone that suggested Nick should've.

"Noticed what?"

Sighing Greg flicked his hand out gesturing to nothing in particular and tried to find his wording.

"How, I dunno, miserable he's seemed since, well, his fatal choice of words?"

It was Nick's turn to raise his eyebrows in confusion as he shook his head slightly.

"Fatal words?"

" 'It's over'." Greg deadpanned and Nick's face darkened slightly as he dropped his head back.

"Oh...those words."

"I truly think he regrets them you know."

Nick nodded minutely, tapping his fingers agitatedly on his lap as he let out another frustrated sigh.

"What's that got to do with him having a bone for you?" he said tersely and ignored Greg's chuckle as the younger man leant close to him.

"No need to get catty. I'm just saying that I think...I think he misses your company. You don't really speak to him as comfortably as you used to..."

Nick groaned and slumped in his chair but Greg continued.

"And, uh...I know you still kinda have a thing for him."

Nick's head shot back up and he glared at his boyfriend.

"I do not have a thing, will you stop bringing that up! I had a crush on him like, four years ago."

Greg rolled his eyes and looked exasperatedly at Nick, reaching to squeeze Nick's knee as he exhaled lazily.

"He's your 'What if' guy. And God's honest truth? He's...kinda mine too."

This time Nick couldn't say anything. He was stunned into silence as he stared at Greg mutely, watched as the younger man squirmed slightly under his gaze and after a moment spluttered a little as he tried to gain control of his tongue again.

Which was when he got a flash of memory, remembered the look on Gil's face as he looked at both of them. Narrowing his eyes Nick watched Greg carefully before licking his lips in preparation of speech.

"What are you up to?" he said slowly and Greg's eyes shifted away for a moment before darting back. He offered Nick a weak smile and chuckled nervously as he toyed with a fold on Nick's jeans.

"Nothing."

"G."

"Well...maybe, possibly, I mean, I think..."

"This is going to take a while isn't it?"

"No, maybe. I dunno."

"Greg," Nick sighed as he placed a hand on Greg's, "What.Do.You.Know?"

Greg hummed a little, pursing his lips nervously before the words sprang forth from his as though he'd exploded.

"I think Grissom likes us both, and not purely in a platonic way. I mean, he's always checking you out, and I've caught him checking me out and I have a feeling that he swings both ways anyway, so it's not exactly entirely far-fetched but then again I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time but then I was right when I guessed you liked me and okay, shutting up now."

Nick blinked, swallowed, opened his mouth to say something then faltered again. Greg was cringing as though he expected Nick to start screaming a yelling but was instead pleasantly surprised.

"One day you're going to tell me how you do that without breathing," he said in quiet amusement and Greg relaxed visibly.

"You're not mad that I think that?"

"No, but I want to make sure we're on the same page. You think that Griss fancies both of us..."

"Yes."

"And you think that we both still have crushes on him despite the fact we're in a long-term relationship..."

"Yes."

"G...are you proposing what I think you are?"

Greg swallowed and Nick watched as the man before him kind of shrunk in on himself, resembling a little boy being told that he couldn't have that toy on the shelf as it was too expensive.

"Depends on what you think I'm proposing," Greg said carefully.

"That we invite Grissom in...in to what?"

"Yes and maybe, um, in to 'us'?"

"A triad?" Nick said slowly and Greg was getting smaller and smaller by the minute. Nick's heart lurched at the thought that Greg might even cry, he certainly looked close to tears, whether because he thought Nick was saying no or whether he thought he'd crossed some invisible line within their relationship he didn't know.

"I'm sorry, it's stupid. I shouldn't have said anything, please, forget I did," Greg said suddenly desperate and Nick's eyebrows shot up at the tone. He never wanted Greg to be afraid of him.

Deciding to rectify that he pulled Greg close and kissed the top of his head lovingly.

"I don't think I can G," he said quietly and Greg tensed, whimpering a little.

"I didn't mean anything by it, I think we're perfect together as we are Nicky!"

"No, no we're not," Nick said solemnly and Greg squeaked as he grabbed the front of Nick's shirt.

"Nicky..."

"...We're missing one side of the triangle, so how can it be complete?" Nick finished and resisted a smirk when Greg froze. He just stopped, didn't move with his fingers still clutched in Nick's shirt as he stared.

Then he narrowed his eyes playfully and growled.

"You.Bastard!" he cried and Nick laughed as they toppled backwards onto the sofa again wrestling.

Nick continued to laugh as he fought Greg's pokes off and he thought about the conversation.

Him and Greg and Grissom.

It was like a piece of the puzzle in his head finally clicked into place and he couldn't even explain why.

............................................................................

They had stayed up late that night, talking, planning how they could handle this. Gil Grissom was a wary man by nature and if they did this wrong not only could they lose his respect but also it could affect their long-standing relationship.

It was true what Greg said when Nick sat down and thought about it, he did seem to still have strong feelings for his mentor and they weren't as platonic as he had thought they had become. Greg even brought up the fact that maybe Grissom's fatal words hurt Nick more because of those feelings. He'd wanted understanding from his one time crush and instead only received an awkward answer as the older man fumbled for a choice of words.

They'd even talked about Greg's well-hidden crush on their Supervisor. Greg told Nick how it had only worsened after the split of the teams because his time with Grissom had increased, how guilty he had felt because he still loved Nick with everything in side of him and that had taken things to another level.

The fact that they could both love another man whilst still being deeply in love with each other.

But eventually they came to an understanding, reassured one another of their feelings and finally cracked down to business.

They just had to get Grissom alone.

......................................................................................

Gil had had the entire shift on the same case tonight, multiple murders and requiring everyone's fullest attentions. He liked working as a team more often then he did in pairs because as a group they brought the case to a close quicker, saw things another team mate might've missed, and had great 'meeting of the minds' moments. He really did have the best team in the country, even if that was his own biased opinion.

It did however mean he was within viewing distance of Nick and Greg the entire time, left to dream in the quieter moments of the beautiful men even showing him an ounce of what they shared together.

Swallowing down any bitter thoughts he shut down his computer, stretching and wincing at the click from his spine as he did so, and picked up his side bag ready to head home. He didn't get very far though when Nick caught up with him in the hallway, lightly gripping his upper arm as he turned the Entomologist to face him.

"Whoa, where you going Griss? We're all going out to breakfast to celebrate and it's hardly appropriate to leave one of the team out on a 'team breakfast' now is it?"

Nick was grinning at him, still having not released him and Gil had to wonder if he was imaging the light caress on his arm or whether Nick really was squeezing it affectionately.

"I don't know Nick, I'm pretty tired. I just want to sleep right now," he started but Nick snorted and tugged him lightly towards the team who were collecting outside the locker room.

"Tough, sleep is for the weak anyway. C'mon, just breakfast then you can go catch some zzz's."

Well who was he to deny himself Nick's company? This seemed to have been the friendliest that Nick had been recently anyway, maybe he was forgiving Gil's cursed tongue and this was his way of showing it.

"Hey Grissom! Nick got you then?" Greg said cheerfully as he milled over towards his lover and Gil until he stood on Gil's opposite shoulder to Nick, the two men flanking him as they shared a gentle smile.

Great, not only was he forced to watch them but they had placed him between them so he was in the thick of it. Who had he pissed off this morning to warrant such a cruel fate?

"You two getting mushy on us again?" Sara teased as she pulled on her coat and Sophia beside her sniggered.

"Yeah but you fancy Soph," Nick said nonchalantly and Greg snickered. Even Gil smirked a little as he watched Sara glare at him.

"At least I'm not..."

"Fancy Soph!"

"Nick, that's very..."

"Fancy!"

"NICK!"

"Nicky, behave," Gil said chuckling and was mildly pleased when Nick smiled at him, winked then knocked his shoulder playfully. God he'd missed their comradeship.

"C'mon then kids, I'm starved," Warrick said finally and started leading the way out as the group followed. Gil was surprised though when Greg and Nick didn't break away from him to walk together but continued to stand either side of him happily conversing and trying to bring him into the conversation too.

He could hardly concentrate though when both their hands kept brushing against his for a second before moving away again.

"We all going in separate cars or are we playing chauffeurs?" Catherine asked as she climbed into her own SUV, leaning out the window as she spoke.

"We'll get our cars later, lemme in," Sara said as she climbed into Catherine's truck followed by Sophia. Brass followed behind them smirking as Catherine rolled her eyes at their antics.

"Invite yourselves in, I don't mind at all," she said sarcastically and Brass chuckled as he called shotgun.

"Well I've gotta take my own since the wife will be expecting me soon, lead the way Cath," Warrick said as he opened his own truck.

"I'll drive the boys," Nick called over and pressed the button on his keys to unlock the door, " C'mon G, Griss, lets get us some food."

Gil's eyes widened minutely before he pulled on a passive face as quickly as possible.

"I can take my own, it's alright," he said but Greg just rolled his eyes and caught his arm to drag him over.

"You could, but we're taking you. Don't be such a prude," he teased and climbed into the back with Grissom. Nick caught Greg's eye in the rear-view mirror and grinned.

"See you in Rosie's," Nick called to Catherine and honked his horn as he led the way out of the parking lot.

............................................................................

Gil didn't know what to do with himself. He was in a car, alone, with the two men he desperately wanted. He knew he must be coming across as incredibly quiet but he couldn't help it, he was slightly awed by the situation. He silently observed how the two men acted when alone (or near enough) and could feel the hand on his heart tighten even more.

Nick had an air of authority about him, almost like he was the most dominant but he knew (or guessed at least) that these two men had an equal relationship. Nick was just maturer in some ways that Greg wasn't, not that Greg was immature but he certainly let his hair down more out of the two.

It was startling, actually, how much he liked the idea of Nick in charge. The Texan really was going to make a great Supervisor one day, probably better than himself actually due to the fact Nick had been raised around politics and so knew how to handle them.

Greg though was much chattier with him at the moment in time, almost flirtatious. He was rabbiting away to both Gil and Nick, smiles being passed between the two lovers and he couldn't tell but he could've sworn Greg was touching him a lot more than usual.

"You're awfully quiet Griss, you okay?" Nick said locking his brown eyes on Gil's blue ones through the rear-view mirror and raised his eyebrows in question.

"I'm fine," Gil said quietly and turned to look out the window.

"You sure? You seem a little down?" Greg insisted and placed a hand on Gil's thigh and rubbing it gently as he did so. Gil looked down at it shocked before looking up in panic at Nick's reflection. How was the man going to react to such a blatant non-platonic touch from his boyfriend towards another man?

"Um," he murmured and caught Nick's gaze again anxiously. There was no anger there however, just worry and compassion.

"Relax Gil, what's up?" Nick said softly and Gil felt lighter at Nick's use of his name. Not the actions of a man who was pissed at him.

"Nothing, just tired I guess," he said smiling a little but he knew he hadn't fooled either man as they continued to watch him.

"Tired huh? Is it tiredness that's had you down for the past couple of weeks then?" Nick said, his voice not harsh in any way but still Gil flinched a little.

"No, I'm..."

"Is this about the Gordon case?" Nick said carefully, his eyes flickering over to Greg for a moment before going back, "Because I swear that's when this new depressed look started for you."

"I'm not depressed," Gil said quietly and closed his eyes as Greg squeezed his thigh again. He knew he should be knocking that hand away but he couldn't do it, didn't want to. He liked the touch too much and he was probably never going to feel it again anyway.

He startled when Nick suddenly pulled over to the side of the road and killed the engine. Nick then unbuckled his seat and turned to face the two men in the backseat but locked eyes on Gil.

"Please Gil, what's wrong?" he said equally as quiet as Gil and the Entomologist closed his eyes at the plea. He didn't want to see Nick beg.

"I guess...I..." he growled a little as he tried to force the words out and jumped a little when he felt movement. His eyes flew open as he watched Nick climb into the back with them and found himself once again flanked on either side by Nick and Greg.

"What?" Greg asked and Gil wasn't sure what to do now. He'd never been in a situation like this, how was he supposed to react? He knew how he wanted to react and he could feel the tugs of wanting to get away as it was all too much but he had said once that he was trying to open up more and dammit, he was going to try.

Especially considering this was Nick and Greg.

"Nick...I'm sorry," he whispered and closed his eyes again when Nick's hand dropped onto his other thigh. What was going on?

"What for?"

"For, for what I said. I'm sorry, I just had no idea what to say to you...I wanted to help but instead I..." he trailed off and gave a little chuckle when both hands on his legs squeezed.

"Tickles," he mumbled as he tried to squirm his hands under both of theirs to pry them off but instead found his hands encased instead. He opened his eyes again and stared at their hands on his, shocked and a little worried that he'd fallen asleep on the way, that this was all a dream.

"Is this okay?" Greg asked as he tightened his grip leaning in closer to Gil.

What the hell was going on? One minute he was heading for a team breakfast, the next he was sitting in the back seat of Nick's SUV with the two men he had fallen for on either side of him holding him in a way that was anything but simply friendly comfort.

They were both flirting with him. Or wooing him, he wasn't sure what one called it in such a tense atmosphere.

"What's going on?" he asked after a moment and looked between the two attentive men. He swallowed thickly when Nick smiled reassuringly and then glanced at Greg who did the same.

"Did you think we didn't notice Griss?" Greg asked gently, his fingers linking with Gil's. Gil could feel his breathing getting faster and flicked his gaze between the two of them nervously.

"I...I..."

Nick however hushed him and slipped his free arm around Grissom's shoulders.

"Hey, it's okay. We're not mad Gil," he said as his fingers brushed over the nape of his neck causing a full body shudder to run through him, "Quite the opposite in fact Boss-man."

Greg chuckled kindly as Gil blinked and reached up to run his knuckles across Gil's chin.

This couldn't be happening, it was too good. Nothing this good ever happened to him, nothing.

"I don't understand," he said after a moment and Nick nodded a little.

"I can see that," he said amusedly and affectionately squeezed the back of Gil's neck.

"But...you're together," Gil said looking between the two of them and for a moment they looked at each other softly, smiling.

"Yeah, we are," Greg said. Gil however was pretty much left afloat in confusion, his brow furrowed as he tried to comprehend the situation. He was never too keen to be left with no footing and this was the ultimate situation concerning those dislikes.

"So why..." he raised their attached hands shaking them slightly to indicate the gentle hold. He blanched though when Nick raised the hand in his to his mouth and kissed it.

"Because we're missing someone," Greg said and rubbed his thumb over Gil's knuckles comfortingly, "There's something missing and we finally worked out what it was."

Gil's heart was racing and he slumped a little as he shook his head.

"Gil, surely you saw how we acted around you? How much we wanted your attention before we got together," Nick said and Gil's blue eyes landed on him as he tried to comprehend what was going on.

"I thought, maybe, it was hero worship," he said finally and Greg snorted in amusement.

"For Nick, maybe a little," he said teasingly and then yelped when Nick kicked him lightly. The action prompted a small smile from Gil against his will.

"But you're together now so..." he wanted to be sure, he needed to know.

"And we will continue to be so. But I told you, someone's missing."

Gil was very slightly trembling now, not daring to hope but not being able to push the feeling down either.

"Someone?" he whispered and closed his eyes with a sigh when he felt Greg lean in and kiss his cheek, Nick doing the same to his forehead.

"You," Nick said and Gil exhaled shakily.

They were silent then, all quietly absorbing the events that had just occurred, Nick and Greg watching carefully wondering how much they'd scared the other man. They hadn't meant to but how does one put across the option of a triad without it being shocking?

It seemed like an era had passed before Gil's eyes opened again and he looked between them. He had a pensive look on his face, peaceful almost and slowly a close-lipped smile came to his lips.

"Yes," he breathed out and the two younger men froze. Did he just agree?

"Yes?" Nick croaked out and Gil chuckled hoarsely.

"Yes, whatever you're offering, yes," he said and Greg beamed as he leaned in kissing Gil's cheek. Nick was grinning, breathing out a sigh of relief and raised Gil's hand to his lips calmly once more.

"Wanna still go to breakfast?" Greg said to the two of them teasingly and Nick chuckled as he pulled Greg to him for a chaste kiss before leaning back again.

"No!" He said in unison with Gil.

Releasing Gil's hand, kissing him one last time he then began to climb back into the front to start their journey once more. Having a decidedly wicked idea Greg suddenly grasped Gil's hand in his and with linked fingers squeezed Nick's ass making him fall forwards into his seat with a yelp.

Gil had a shocked grin on his face and Greg was whistling innocently when Nick glared back at them after he'd picked himself back up again.

"Sorry Nicky," Gil said and Greg groaned.

"Don't apologise, you know he liked it. Doesn't he have a lovely ass?"

"G, you're a pain in my..."

"It's lovely," Gil suddenly agreed and smirked when Nick winked at him.

"Yes well, you can play with it later you two. Some of us have to drive."

Nick brought the engine to life and as he was pulling off from the side of the road Gil had a moment to let everything sink in. He could feel Greg's hand still tightly locked with his own, their knees touching and if he concentrated he could still feel Nick's hand where it had rested on the back of his neck.

He was going home with them. With the two men he had always wanted, accepted by them and not shunned for caring about them both. They cared about him.

Even if it were just for one night he would happily have sold his soul for them.

....................................................................................

They pulled up outside Gil's house (having phoned and cancelled with the other guys under the pretence that Gil was feeling a little off) and the three of them made their way to the door. Greg and Nick still stood beside him but this time they would place little discreet touches at the small of his back or on his shoulders and each touch made him shiver pleasantly.

Once inside Gil threw his keys to one side and headed for the kitchen.

"Want a drink?" he asked croakily as his voice kept losing its strength and Greg shook his head as Nick nodded. The action made Gil smile and his heart flutter.

"What would you like Nick?" he asked softly as he opened the fridge door peering in and jumped when Nick suddenly appeared beside him looking in as well as Nick's hand rested on Gil's back.

"Hmm, orange juice should do it, no alcohol for me please."

Gil silently agreed and pulled out the orange carton where he took it to the kitchen island to pour the drinks. Greg had settled across from him on a stool watching quite contently and Nick leaned on the counter with his hip pressed against Gil's. The domesticity of it was what brought the small smile to Gil's lips and he thanked whatever deity was up there for giving him this day at least.

Handing the drink to Nick he raised his own to his lips sipping quietly and Nick mirrored him. Greg however took this time to bring up some things obviously circulating his mind.

"So Griss, we need to know what you want? Is this just something that you, uh, need to get out of your system or..." he trailed off and Nick lowered his glass to continue.

"Gil, what Greg is trying to say is that we, me and Greg, have talked," he placed the glass firmly on the island at this point then turned bodily towards Gil who lowered his own drink to give the two men his full attention.

"We love each other, ain't nothing that is gonna change that," Nick said firmly and spared a meaningful glance to Greg, "but we've been feeling something for you too, both of us."

"If this is just a one night stand for you then, well, we can live with that. Isn't exactly a hardship on our parts," Greg said and offered Gil a cheeky grin before going serious again, "but, if you, say, wanted something more...wanted to be a part of us..."

"Then we would love that more," Nick finished.

Gil was speechless. Clearly he was being offered more than he ever dreamed of and for a moment he had no idea what to do. How does one handle receiving everything they ever dreamed of? It wasn't like it happened on a daily basis for most people and yet here he was with an opportunity to have both his beautiful boys, and also have them together still. Who wouldn't want to be part of such a loving relationship?

Stunned Gil swiped a hand down his face and groaned.

"This is too much," he murmured and when he looked up he blanched at the thoroughly distraught look on Greg's face. Turning to look at Nick he found a similar look and quickly shook his head.

"Not too much in that way! I meant," he buried his face in his hand. How could he have messed up already? "I meant, I'm not sure how one handles being handed everything they've ever wanted."

Lifting his head back up he suddenly found himself engulfed in a warm hug from Nick. Not sure what to do he put his arms on the ones around his waist and leant back against Nick. Greg walked round the island with a relieved look on his face and walked into Gil's arms wrapping himself round Gil also until the man was encased between the two warm bodies.

"Don't scare us like that Grissom!" Greg warned breathlessly and Gil felt Nick's chuckle against his ear.

"Damn near gave me a heart-attack."

Gil laughed, a little hysterically, as he shook his head in disbelief.

"Gave you a heart-attack? I'm a man in his fifties whose just received the offer to be in a triad with two men nearly half his age," he said in a higher voice than usual and moaned a little when Nick and Greg both selected a side of his neck to kiss.

"Greggo might be half your age but I'm only 15 years your junior," Nick mumbled as he began leaving a trail down Gil's neck, smiling wickedly when Gil shivered and exposed more of his neck.

"Only he says."

"I like my men older, more experienced," Greg said distractedly as he began moving his kisses down over Gil's collarbone. Nick however squeezed Gil gently causing the man to look back at him.

"Is this too early?" he asked and Gil thought for a moment. Only a moment though.

"Hell no," he said breathlessly then closed his eyes as both sets of lips started moving on him again. He groaned in loss though when they went away just as quickly as they had come and opened his eyes.

"I think we should take this somewhere more comfortable," Greg said and took Gil's hand pulling him towards the bedroom. Gil managed to glance back at Nick as the Texan walked at a calmer pace behind them, slowly tugging off his jacket and folding it to place it neatly on the back of Gil's sofa.

Once in the bedroom Greg suddenly stopped and turned to Gil. He stepped towards the older man and leant in, stopping about an inch from Gil's lips and was looking up at him asking for conformation. Gil hesitated as he heard Nick step into the room, looking over his shoulder at him but Nick merely smiled, manoeuvring around them to sit on the edge of the bed so he was facing his two lovers.

"It's alright Gil, you don't need my permission. Just let yourself go in here," Nick said soothingly and placed one hand on Gil's hip and the other on Greg's. He stroked his thumb back and forth lazily on them both as he smiled at Gil urging the man forwards again.

Turning his attention back to Greg Gil licked his lips, as his eyes dropped to Greg's own pink ones. He watched them twitch into a smile until finally he closed his eyes and leant forwards.

The first touch was electric. Greg's lips were pressed warmly against his, soft with a hint of pressure and he simply allowed himself to be swallowed up the sensation of his first kiss with Greg. Greg's hand slipped up into his hair to pull him closer and he groaned as Greg deepened the kiss, tongue searching and meeting Gil's in a playful dance.

"God," Nick whispered and his touch on them became more prominent as he continued to massage their hips. He did however slip his hand on Greg further round until he was rubbing softly against his lover's crotch. He felt Greg jerk into the caress and smiled when a thick moan escaped the man into Gil's mouth. Gil pulled away suddenly to look down at Nick's antics and then glanced at the man himself.

"Can...will you..." Gil growled a little at his inability to speak at the moment but Nick seemed to understand. Slowly his hand creeped round until Gil closed his eyes with a gasp as that talented hand had come to rest on his groin. Nick was stroking him skillfully, coaxing him into full erection and a quick flicker of his gaze to Greg's own trousers suggested the same reaction.

"Good, isn't he?" Greg gasped as he gently rocked into the touch with his hands still clinging to Gil's shoulders tightly and Gil nodded shakily. He watched as Nick stood, still stroking the pair of them, and covered Gil's mouth with his own.

It was different from kissing Greg, neither of them bad but certainly different. Both had that electrifying effect but where Greg teased and prompted, Nick lead the dance and stole your breath away. Gil moaned and reached a hand up to cup the side of Nick's face, shuddering when he felt Greg plaster himself to the front of him. One of Nick's hands had come up to cup Gil's forehead tilting it back a little to rest on the Texan's shoulder. He closed his eyes panting now as Nick's other hand remained trapped between himself and Greg and Nick continued to stoke the pair of them. Gil groaned even louder however when Greg began rocking into him, thrusting into the skilled movements of Nick's hand.

"Oh God," Gil breathed and Nick kissed the side of his face.

"I answer to Nicky better," he teased and Gil let out a breathless laugh then bit his lip as Greg rocked harder into him. He knew Nick was the one holding the other two up, knew that they should lie down but he could already feel the tingles running up his spine as Greg grasped his hips beginning to really press their clothed erections together hard, circling his hips in a wonderful grind and already Gil felt his legs shaking violently. Nick used his spare arm to wrap around Gil's waist and began stroking both his lovers harder.

Greg whined and leaned over Gil's shoulder to lock lips with Nick. Not being able to resist Gil opened his eyes to watch them and placed a hand across both their cheeks, stroking as he watched their mouths twist together. His completion was close and he possibly could've held on longer but when he felt Nick begin to unbuckle his belt, pulling his flies down slowly so that his knuckles brushed Gil's straining flesh whilst at the same time pushing the bulge of his trousers against Gil's rear he knew he was done for.

Gil cried out loudly, head dropping back and back arching as he grabbed tightly to Greg's waist and also reaching back to pull Nick forward by his ass. He shuddered, suspended between his two beautiful boys before his whole body went limp, practically collapsing until Nick and Greg both caught him. Chuckling lightly they all staggered towards the bed falling on it sideways and so that Gil lay limp inbetween them. Nick and Greg linked their hands together and placed them on Gil's heavily rising and falling stomach, the older man lying panting for breath as he blinked blearily at the two men beside him.

"Wow," he whispered and the other two chuckled. He managed a weak smile himself as he continued to breath heavily trying to regain some composure.

"You," Gil licked his lips then tried again, "you two didn't..."

"No, but I'm close. Here," Greg took Gil's hand in his own and placed it over the rather prominent bulge of his jeans before he began to thrust into it. Gil watched fascinated and felt Nick go up onto his elbow to watch as Greg began whimpering, thrusting harder into the touch until he bit his lip swallowing down a strangled moan and went limp also.

Gil continued to caress the damp clothing before turning to look at Nick. Nick steadily gazed down at the two exhausted men beside him before smiling gently. He leaned forwards placing a kiss first on Gil's forehead then on Greg's and carefully sat up so he could look down at them better.

"Sleep, I can wait," he said quietly, sincerely and knelt on the floor to remove first Greg's sneakers and then Gil's shoes. Kicking off his own boots he shuffled back onto the bed prompting the two half-asleep men with him to lie the correct way round. He watched as Greg snuggled into Gil, throwing one leg over one of Gil's thighs and was practically asleep within seconds.

Gil however kept his heavy-lidded content eyes on Nick, smiling shyly up at him and then reached a hand up to pull Nick forwards. Nick went with his own smile in place and kissed Gil slowly, savouring the sensations as he ran light fingertips over the salt and pepper curls of his new lover.

"Welcome to the family," Nick said in amusement and Gil chuckled leaning his face into Nick's thigh as Nick sat up against the headboard, his arm draped across the pillows so that he could play with Greg's hair and allow his other hand to continue his exploration of Gil's.

Gil let his eyes drop, the edges of sleep tugging at him and inhaled deeply as he pulled Greg closer.

Welcome to the family.

Smiling Gil let out a happy sigh. He'd been accepted with open arms, made to feel like he wasn't intruding on anyone and was actually wanted. He didn't know what he'd done to deserve it but he wasn't going to turn away this time, this time he'd fight for what he wanted. And something told him his two new lovers would do the same.

With one last pleasant thought he finally began to drift off.

Maybe tomorrow he could show Nick and Greg the ladybug nesting boxes he'd put up outside his window.

Fin