Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
931
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,583

Kendall's Stand

Summary:

Kendall's a little angry with Jack when he gets relieved after "Truth Takes Time."

Work Text:

The last person Jack expected to find on his doorstep was Kendall. He gave Kendall the once over before forming his words. Kendall's body was tense, the anger burned in his eyes, but the last thing Jack wanted was another fight. It was late and he wasn't in the mood. "I have no desire to continue our confrontation from this afternoon," he said in a neutral tone of voice.

Kendall resolutely shook his head. "I've got more to say and you will listen to me."

Jack could see that he wasn't going to be able to avoid this and he would rather have it out in private. He stepped to the side and motioned for Kendall to come in. "All right."

Kendall did so, purposely bumping into Jack. He was determined that Jack would know exactly where he stood by the end of the evening. He heard Jack lock the door and whirled around to glare at Jack. "You should never have blindsided me," he snarled.

Jack did not let Kendall's hostility faze him. "As I told you before, I have no interest in keeping your job. After Sydney is safe from Derevko, I will step aside," he explained calmly.

Kendall crowded into Jack's personal space. He wanted to provoke a reaction. "Who's going to keep you safe from Derevko? She manipulated you to escape with the Rimbaldi manuscript."

Not for one moment had Jack ever trusted Irina Derevko, but the words still stung. "I was always aware of Derevko's ability to manipulate and deceive. Hence the time-delayed transmitter."

"She still got away with Rimbaldi."

"We'll get her, Sloane, and the Rimbaldi pieces," Jack stated. He had to believe that or he couldn't continue with the job.

"Unless Sloane and Derevko succeed in using us again," Kendall retorted sourly.

"We'll just have to make sure that doesn't happen. Now, I think you should be leaving."

Kendall grabbed Jack's arm. He would not have Jack dismissing him. Just because he let Jack fuck him didn't mean that Jack could stop respecting him. "I'm not finished."

Jack felt a tingle in his spine at the way Kendall was looking at him. He knew what Kendall wanted but it wasn't time for him to admit that he wanted it, too. "What else do you wish to say?"

Kendall was still angry over what Jack did, but another emotion was taking over. Touching and being close to Jack did things to him. "I hate the fact that you slept with her."

Jack arched an eyebrow. "Jealous?" he asked dryly.

Kendall leaned even closer so that his hot breath landed on Jack's cheek. "Very."

Jack took a step back. "Too bad." He moved around Kendall and further into the living room. "After your hostility today, I have no wish to go any further," he lied just to prod Kendall.

Kendall still wasn't going to go away. "Did you really think that you could sleep with her and that I wouldn't be angry about it?" he asked in frustration.

Jack sank down onto the couch. "Yes, because it didn't mean anything. It was just a means to an end."

Kendall stood over Jack. "Didn't it?"

Jack looked up and held Kendall's gaze. "No." He wasn't used to people being jealous over him.

Kendall found himself saying more than he thought he would. "There wasn't some small part of you that liked having her in your arms again?"

"Maybe a little bit," Jack answered honestly. He took Kendall's hand and pulled Kendall to sit next to him. "That was more for nostalgia of the past, when she was Laura. There's nothing between Derevko and I now, except Sydney. I cannot change the fact that she is Sydney's mother, but I will make sure that she can never hurt Sydney again."

Kendall heard Jack's sincerity and decided that they'd had enough of a discussion for the evening. They still had issues but they'd deal with them later. He put his hands on Jack's shoulders and pushed Jack to sit back. Then he straddled Jack's lap. "You're mine now, Jack."

Jack rested his hands on Kendall's hips. "Possessive, aren't we?"

"And don't you forget it."

They leaned towards each other and their lips met in an intense kiss. Their simmering passion was close to a boil. Jack's mouth attacked Kendall's throat while he pushed Kendall's jacket off.

Kendall shut his eyes for a moment, enjoying Jack's attentions. He ran his fingers through Jack's hair before pulling Jack's face in for another heated kiss. He swept through Jack's mouth with his tongue.

Jack deftly unbuttoned Kendall's shirt. His hand slipped inside and he brushed over his lover's nipples with his fingertips. Kendall moaned and arched against him.

Kendall was desperate to feel Jack's skin against his. He shot to his feet and yanked Jack up to stand beside him. He pressed against Jack. "Bedroom," he growled.

Jack's voice was strained with excitement. "Good idea."

Kendall turned to lead the way without another word. Jack was close behind him. He opened the door and pulled Jack inside.

They kissed hungrily and things only escalated from there. Clothes were quickly discarded. A relationship was reaffirmed in the heated minutes that followed. Both were glad that Kendall had come to show Jack where he stood.