Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
415
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,086

Good Reason

Summary:

How Captain Speirs saved the life of Sgt. Grant, in a missing scene from the episode "Points."

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Title: "Good Reason"

Author: TheQueenly1, a.k.a. Darkover

Disclaimer: I do not own "Band of Brothers," the miniseries. Neither I nor anyone else own the men of Easy Company, of course, who were and are real people. I admire them greatly, so it must be understood that this story is complete fiction. No offense is intended and I sincerely hope that none is taken. I am not making any money off of this, so please do not sue.

Rating: FRC

Summary: How Ronald Speirs saved the life of Sgt. Grant, in a missing scene from the episode "Points."

Author's Note: Please read and review! I live for feedback.

 

"Why should I help you?" the German surgeon demanded of Ronald Speirs.

"Because I have the gun."

"And that is a good enough reason? Because you will shoot me if I don't?"

"You Nazis always thought it was a good enough reason," the American officer said tersely.

The physician quickly assumed an outraged expression, his mouth opening in denial. "I was never aâ€""

Speirs made an impatient gesture. "Save it. My men and I have come through all of Austria and Germany, and never found a Nazi yet. Amazing," he added sarcastically. "Now, you're wasting time. Your patient, Sgt. Grant, was already shot over half an hour ago. He's being prepped for surgery even as we speak. Get in there and operate."

"Because he is a good man?" the German surgeon sneered. "You Americans. My family is dead because of your bombing raids. You have reduced my country to rubble. But you expect me to save one of your men?"

"He is a good man." Speirs regarded the surgeon steadily. "But that's not why you'll save him. You'll save him because I'm *not* a good man. Understand?"

"You cannot shoot me. Not now. Out on the street, where you picked me up, you might have risked it, but not now. We are in a hospital, surrounded by people, including some of your own countrymen, who can bear witness to the fact that I am no threat to you. And you Americans, with your laws and your respect for life, cannot summarily execute a man just because you wish to do so. Especially now that the war is over." He smirked at the American captain. "You cannot force me to operate. Your Sergeant will die. What can you do about it?"

Speirs looked at him, dark eyes glittering. "Save his life, or I'll break your hands."

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author TheQueenly1.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.