Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
406
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
954

True Confessions

Summary:

Permission to archive: Yes
Fandom: The Sentinel
Genre: Pre-slash
Pairing/Characters: Jim Ellison/Blair Sandburg
Rating: FRAO
Summary: Blair has some secrets to reveal to Jim.
Warnings: Talk of sex and m/m relationship
Notes: This was written for The Sentinel Fan Fiction 100 #37. Virgin. I do not own The Sentinel or any of the characters. This was written for entertainment purposes only and no money was made from this endeavor.
Feedback on or off list.
Submitted through the Short_Sweet_Slash mailing list.

Work Text:

True Confessions
by Debbie

"You're what?" Jim could only stare at Blair, stunned by the admission.

"I'm a virgin." Blair whispered the words as softly as he had the first time.

"No, it can't be." Jim started laughing, thinking Blair was pulling his leg. He looked up to see the tears forming in Blair's eyes. 'Oh, shit, Ellison! Way to go! Laugh at the kid when he's already self-conscious.' "I'm sorry, Blair. I thought you were just joking with me. How...?"

"Well, you just never have sex, that's how."

"That's not what I meant. You've went out with dozens of women since I've known you. You mean to tell me that you've never..." Jim still found the whole concept bizarre. Just another detour into the Sandburg Zone.

"Just kissing. I always made an excuse to leave before it got to the 'do it' stage. I was a kid genius and was never allowed to be a kid. Girls didn't want to have anything to do with me. When I started at Rainier, I avoided girls because they were older than I was. If they had done it with me, they would have been charged with rape of a minor. When I got older, I went out on dates, but I didn't know what to do because I didn't have a father to instruct me. That's why I thought I could come to you and you'd help me. But if all you want to do is to laugh at me, I can find someone else."

Blair started to walk off, but Jim pulled on his sleeve and kept him nearby.

"I am so, so sorry that I laughed at you. I just assumed you had..."

"I'm scared, Jim. I don't want to do something wrong. Plus, there's something else..."

When Blair didn't continue, Jim spoke up. "What else is there, Blair?"

"I think... I'm falling in love with you, Jim."

Blair waited for the explosion of rage and denial from Jim. But there wasn't any. He looked back at Jim and saw the smile on his face. No, it couldn't be true.

"Jim?" Blair was confused.

"I love you too, Blair. Would you want to go out with me?"

"Yes!" Blair practically jumped into Jim's arms.

Jim held his lively, squirming guide in his arms. He knew it was going to enjoyable teaching Blair what he needed to know. And Blair would be a willing student.

END