Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
383
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
715

I Suck

Summary:

Submitted through the SenseXangstRevisited mailing list.

Work Text:

I Suck
By Wolf

I so totally suck. It's Jim's birthday today and I can't seem to do a damn thing right.

I blew off classes today so I could give him a little party tonight. I went down to the party store to get some decorations, and they are all out of anything the color blue. It's his favorite color, not to mention it goes great with his eyes. They had some company come in and buy up all their blue decorations for some kind of retirement party they are having for some secretary. I don't have time to run all over town to find what I need, so I got red. It just doesn't look right to me.

Anyway, now I've gone and really screwed everything up. I burnt the cake. The loft smells horrible. Dumb me fell asleep on the couch reading while I was waiting for it to bake. I don't know what I've done to get all this bad karma going, but it has hit me all at once. Oh crap, there's someone at the door. It's Jim coming home early. Crap, crap, crap.

"Hi Jim. You home early today. How was your day?" I say.

"My day was fine. What is that smell? What have you done now Sandburg?" He says.

I sigh. " I was trying to give you a little party for your birthday today. But nothing went right. That smell is what's supposed to be the cake. I burnt it." I hang my head and wait for the explosion.

Suddenly I'm in Jim's arms and he's kissing me. That's weird, usually when I smell up the place he yells at me. This is a nice change. When he finally lets go of my lips I ask, "So what was that for?"

He smiles in the lazy way he does sometimes. I love that smile. "Because you were trying to do something for me Chief. I know you meant well. What say we go out and get something to eat, while the loft airs out. When we get back you can give me my present." And he winks at me.

I am so down with that. "Ok, lets get going." I say with a smile.

When we get back, I can so totally suck.


The End