Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
558
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,167

Ficlet: Misbegotten

Summary:

small scene set in the middle of "Misbegotten"

Work Text:

Carson sensed Ronon's presence and then heard the heavy boot steps. However, he didn't turn from his work. He knew what Ronon was going to say and he didn't want a fight. He was most definitely not a confrontational person.

Ronon stopped just inside of the entrance. He folded his arms across his chest and glared at Carson's "human" aka wraith assistants until they rushed out. He stared at Carson's back. "You can't do this," he growled.

"I have to," Carson answered quietly.

"No, you don't."

Carson stopped pretending to work, but didn't face Ronon either. He sighed. "We've been over this before. These people are my responsibility."

Ronon bit his tongue to keep from exploding and stepped up to Carson. He spun Carson around to face him. He kept his temper but his voice but was still low and intense. "They are not people. They are Wraith. You can't change their nature no matter how much you might want to."

Carson steadily met Ronon's face. "I'm so close. I can't abandon them now. They're not ready to take care of themselves."

"So what?" Ronon hissed. His fingers dug into Carson's shoulders. "If even one of them gets his memory back--"

"They won't if they keep taking their medication," Carson interrupted.

"Michael kept taking his medication and look what happened the first time," Ronon retorted. He bared his teeth and snarled, "We should leave them here. If they keep taking the medication, fine. If not, they'll turn back to their true natures and start feeding on each other."

Carson reached up to touch the side of Ronon's face. "Don't you see? I have to try and prevent that."

Ronon suddenly pulled Carson into a fierce hug. "They're not really human so they're not your responsibility," he whispered.

Carson brought his arms up around Ronon to return the hug. He rested his head on Ronon's shoulder. "But they are."

Ronan grunted but said, "Then I'll stay here with you."

"No. That's all right. You go ahead and go back to Atlantis with Colonel Shepherd." Carson pulled away just enough to grin up at Ronon. "I think my patients will settle in a bit better without you constantly growling at them. Besides, the security team Shepherd leaves here will take good care of me."

Ronon refused to crack a smile. "I still don't like this, Carson."

Carson tried to take a step back but Ronon wouldn't let go. "Go on," he ordered quietly. "I'll be all right."

Ronon kissed Carson with a ferocious intensity. He tried to express everything he couldn't say with words. Then he abruptly let go and stalked out.

Carson stared after Ronon for a long moment before getting back to work. The sooner he finished, the sooner he'd get to go back to Atlantis. His assistants came back in and he felt a chill go up his spine. //And it won't be a moment too soon.//