Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,248
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,112

Meeting in Butte

Summary:

Rating: PG
Warnings: h/c/angst/romance
Pairing:H/O
Fandom: ASJ
Summary: A young woman is in Butte for the western days, and a shooting contest. During a tour of the town, and a bank…she is transported back in time… and meets her idols…Heyes and Curry.
Archive: Sure, just tell me where
Disclaimer: I don't own them…;(
Submitted through the 'YG deleted' AliasSmithAndJones mailing list. Please join us at AliasSmithAndJonesFic or the rebuilt AliasSmithAndJones

Work Text:

Meeting in Butte
By KelticDream

"Heyes are you sure that this is a good idea? I was thinking we could go south for a while. Maybe New Orleans, where no one knows us." The Kid was talking to his cousin who had his head turned and looking at the Yellowstone River, watching the water and smiling. "Heyes are you listening to me?"

Heyes turned to his partner."Yeah Kid. I was just enjoying the peace, and the view. Look at it, Kid, the cliffs, the water, and those clouds. I am looking forward to a soft bed, but I wouldn't mind doing some fishing, and relaxing for a while."

Kid looked around and then turned back to his cousin. "Heyes, you need a vacation. They are pretty, but I think a nice big steak would look a lot prettier."

"Come on Kid, let's get you that steak. Then some poker and tomorrow morning some fishing."

"If you say so Heyes." The Kid was wondering if Heyes hadn't been in the sun too long. But at least he was relaxed, and smiling. If his cousin was happy so was he. They rode towards town.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Billings Montana, Sandstone cliffs 300-500 feet high to the north and east, to the south moderately steep hills with high flat tablelands; it was around 75 degrees this fine July day. It was the Western Days celebration, and everyone was playing a part. The streets filled with people dressed in western clothes, horses, wagons and stagecoaches filled the streets. It was as if time had been turned back, if only for a few days.

A young woman was dressed in jeans, cowboy boots and western hat. She was there for the fast draw competition. Jessica had a picture of herself in the outfit in her front pocket. `If only I could have been back then, to have lived in that time. I would give anything for that.' She had done the tours in the area, and she had the competition coming up in a few hours.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Heyes and Curry walked out of the Palmer Hotel headed for the diner they had spotted coming in. Curry's stomach rumbled and Heyes smiled at him. "Hey Kid, how about we go over and send a telegram to Lom first, and then go to the saloon for a few drinks, then lunch?"

Curry turned to Heyes his smile disappeared, and he narrowed his eyes at the dark haired man. "No, we can do that later. I am hungry and you are not talking me out of it." Heyes eyes twinkled.

"How about a bath first, then..." Curry stopped and grabbed Heyes arm and pulled back.

"Damn it Heyes, do you know how dangerous it is to get between me and a meal?"

"Why you wouldn't shoot me, now Kid, would you?"

"Heyes!" He grumbled.

"All right, Kid, calm down. Only teasing ya."

"Very funny Heyes." The two men walked across the street avoiding the horses and buggies.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Jessica walked towards the historic buildings. She wanted to see some of the museums. Of the buildings was an old bank, and Jessica went in and stopped. There were only a few people around, and she walked over to the other side of the room, past the windows and to the safe that sat there. A very old safe sat there, open and empty except for some play money. She did not know why but she felt the urge to touch it, and reached out and an electrical current went through her, and she felt herself falling.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Heyes and Curry came down the street on their way to a saloon. `I sure hope they have some bad players with big pockets,' thought Heyes. Coming up to a turn in the street, they stopped. Curry set his jaw and his eyes narrowed and grew cold. Heyes put his hand on his partners arm.

A young woman dressed in pants, with a gun tied to her left thigh stood in the street. A cowboy with a few days growth of beard, and long hair grabbed at her. She kept backing up. The two outlaws could hear the conversation.

"Now I ain't seen anything as pretty as you in a long time. Been out hunting for weeks, and looking for some fun."

"Get away from me, I don't want to play."

"Well seeing as you are wearing that gun, and those there pants, I guess you ain't no lady."

"I am too a lady. Didn't your moma ever teach you any manners?"

"I ain't got no ma. Draw yur gun."

Jessica stood looking at him, her eyes wide. `What do I do now? I have never shot anyone, just cans and targets. Where are the cops when you need them?'

"You beat me and I leave ya alone. I win and I get time with ya." He put his hand down by his gun, and Jessica wanted to run. `This idiot is serious, he must be drunk.'

"Hold it right there, mister." Jessica heard the strong male voice, and let out her breath, while still watching the crazy man.

"Git away, me and the gal are busy." Jessica heard footsteps, and out of the corner of her eye, she saw two men coming up.

"You want to draw on someone, try me. Leave the little lady alone." The man turned to the two strangers, as did Jessica.

"Who in tarnation are you?"

"Names Jones," replied the tall handsome blond with the granite eyes. The dark haired man came over to Jessica, took her arm gently, and moved her away and behind him.

"Well boy, I guess I will have to teech you ah lesson. Shot yur nose off."

"Quit jawing and go home." The man made his move and Curry's gun whipped out, and sent a bullet into the others mans shoulder. "Now git out of here now." The other man, grabbed his shoulder, turned, and left muttering under his breath.

The dark haired man turned to the girl, looking down at her. "Are you all right miss?"

"Yes, thanks to the two of you." She looked up at him, and her breath caught. `What a man, those eyes, dimples and those lips...I have died and gone to heaven,' she thought.

"It was our pleasure, miss..." She turned and looked slowly up the other man. Firm thighs, flat stomach and that face...those eyes...and that blond curly hair...ah man, I know I am dead, angels both.'

"I am Jessica Sutton, thank you so much. That was the best shooting I have seen. You should enter the contest; oh I imagine you already have."

"Thank you ma'am. My name is Thaddeus Jones, and this is my partner, Joshua Smith. What contest?" Heyes tipped his hat to her.

"The shooting contest, which is why I am here." Both men shared a look over her head, and then turned back to her.

"Can we walk you to where you are going? In case that man should try again." She turned to Heyes.

"I am lost, I was doing some site seeing and everything looks different now." She gazed into Heyes eyes, seeing those warm brown eyes watching her. Some of his brown hair fell onto his forehead and she found herself wanting to brush it away, but stopped herself.

END PART 1