Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
247
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
823

Epiphany

Summary:

One moment changes the life of Ames White forever. MW kind of

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

--------------------------------------------------------
And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breath is your life
And sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to broken
I just want you to know who I am

-Goo Goo Dolls(Iris)
--------------------------------------------------------

White was on his way to Max's place. He'd just figured out that he loved her, that's why he was going, to tell her. When he got there what, he found he never expected.

A group of familiars stood in front of the building, one holding Max still. Before White could do anything, the familiar snapped her neck, throwing her lifeless body to the ground.

White fell to his knees, holding her in his arms. "I'm sorry Max." he said even though he knew she couldn't hear him. He fought back tears that were threatening to break through.

"Now maybe you'll know not to betray us next time."

White looked up at the last remaining familiar. He hadn't even noticed them leave.

She could say she felt bad for him but she'd be lying. He deserved everything he got. She thought. The female familiar just smirked, then turned and left.

White looked back at the lifeless body in his arms. He brushed a strand of hair from her face. "I'm sorry Max. I love you." he said as one single tear broke through.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author americangrl69.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.