Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2004-07-22
Words:
4,432
Chapters:
5/5
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,808

She Didn't Sing

Summary:

3 Months after the Angel Series finale?
Willow/Spike, Faith/Gunn Angel/N
Disclaimer: I own none of the characters you recognize. Trust me. I?m poor. Joss and his crew own them.
Distribution: My site: 'Gunnin' Down Angel http://angel.wicked-raine.com , WLS, NHA, Bite Me, Please, Red's Soulmates, and anyone else who has it. If not, just ask and I'll say yes.
Spoilers: Post Angel S5 Series Finale and Post Buffy Series finale

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

She Didn't Sing
by Angel S.

 

Part 1

 

"I'm still trying to figure out why they didn't tell us." Willow said angrily as she paced back and forth.

"Well, Red, we were kinda on another plane." Faith reminded her.

"NOT an excuse!" the redhead replied. "They let Fred die and didn't tell us. Then, they let the guys go against all that is evil in The Circle of the Black Thorn, not to mention the senior partners of Wolfram and Hart. A-and now...!"

"And now Wes is dead." Faith finished the sentence sadly. The two women looked at one another silently. "I guess I was right in asking B if I was the good guy now." She said more to herself remembering the first night Willow brought her back to Sunnydale after the witch restored Angel's soul.

"These aren't the same people I fought beside proudly just a few years ago." Willow said as the heartbreaking truth finally hit her. " We're with the wrong group, aren't we?" The witch asked. The younger woman nodded her head.

"Do you think they'd take us in?" The brunette slayer asked, knowing her best friend knew she was referring to remaining members of Angel's team..

"Once they realize we would've been there for them if we'd known what was happening there." The hacker answered with a hopeful look on her pretty face.

"How could our so-called friends here be so cruel?" Faith asked.

"Let's not go there." Willow answered, shaking her head.

"You're right." The slayer answered with a sigh. "Let's just get packed and get the hell out of Dodge."

 

In Houston, Texas...

Angel, Spike, Gunn, and Illyria walked into the new building in which they all inhabited.

"Is it wrong that I just enjoyed that?" Gunn asked as he took off his slime covered jacket with vamp dust sprinkles and threw it in the trash.

"Not at all." Angel replied. "It feels good to fight the good fight the way we were originally meant to."

"I'm just sorry we had to lose some soldiers to get back here." Spike added in a morose tone.

"Same here." Gunn said sorrowfully. He then tried to change the attitude back to positive. "But, we're back on track, right?"

"That's right." Angel agreed. "But, I really need a shower. Can we talk about it in a few?"

"I was wondering when you would notice how bad you reek." Spike told his grandsire.

"Yeah, because you smell so fresh and clean." Angel said sarcastically.

"Will they ever...?" Illyria started to ask Gunn.

"Nope." Gunn replied before she finished her question. "They'll argue like a couple of children forever."

Just then, the perimeter breach light flashed and everyone tensed.

"Well, at least we know it was built correctly." Spike quipped.

"Of course it was built correctly," Gunn replied. "Gwen knows everything there is to know about security."

"And how to dismantle it. Let's see what we're up against." Angel said with a sigh.

Everyone got into a fighting stance as Angel stalked to the door. Everyone jumped as someone on the other side politely knocked.

"Well, THAT'S new." Gunn commented. "Polite attackers."

"Wait," Angel warned, as he got closer to the door. "There's a slayer on the other side of that door."

"Bloody hell." Spike said, exasperated. "Don't answer it. Let's just get cleaned up and get some rest."

"Dude, we've gotta answer it." Gunn replied.

"He's right." Illyria agreed. "The annoying knocking will be most troublesome to ignore."

"Fine, but if it's a blonde one, don't let her in." The former poet retorted.

Angel chuckled and unlocked the door. He opened it just enough to see who was on the other side. And then he smiled a genuine smile. "What if it's a brunette one who happened to bring a red haired witch?"

 

End Part 1