Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
731
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,585

Can you buy me a country?

Summary:

Just a short story to explain what ~really~ happened on the 4th of July to North Korea's missiles,,,,

Work Text:

They were at a reception at the Grand Hotel in Sapporo, Japan. Clark was busy trying all of the different kinds of Japanese food while Lex worked the room. Finishing up chewing what had to be the most disgusting thing he'd ever eaten, and after eating at the restaurants Lex had taken him to in the past, ~that~ was saying something, he saw Lex's shoulders stiffen. Clark took a glass of plum wine from a table and cleared his mouth as he watched Lex smile and bowed politely before heading back to Clark. "We've got to leave. Now."

Puzzled, Clark finished his plum wine with a gulp and followed Lex out of the room, not minding too much as he got to watch Lex's ass all of the way to the limo. Inside he sat beside his lover and cocked an eyebrow. "Where are we going?"

Lex opened his laptop and fired it up, then turned to kiss Clark quickly. "North Korea is going to prove a point and fire several missiles tonight, including their long range one."

"Shit," Clark said with a sigh. So much for vacation. "Can't you just buy North Korea?"

This made Lex smirk. "I appreciate your faith in my money making abilities but I have yet to make enough to buy an entire country. An island? Perhaps," he said with a sly grin.

Clark rolled his eyes. Lex had bought an island already, the one he'd been stranded on, coincidentally enough and had made it into a tropical getaway for the rich and famous. Which mean that of course he was making money hand over fist.

"So, where are we going?" he asked again.

"To the coast," Lex said. "You'll be closer to stop the missiles."

Clark peered at his lover through squinty eyes. "You don't think that, maybe, someone will ~see~ me?"

"It's dark," Lex explained patiently. "You'll wear black, and we'll blacken your face and no one will even know you're there."

~

With a grunt, Clark caught the missile and disabled it then let it fall into the Sea of Japan, then hovered again waiting for Lex's call. This was the fourth one and he was getting bored of just hanging here in the moist darkness, though he knew Lex was there and that helped.

The phone vibrated again and he braced himself, watching as the missile took off in a cloud of fire and smoke, streaking away almost too fast for the eyes to see, if it wasn't an alien eye, that is. He flew over, catching it with his hands and snapping off the top and yanking on the wires before spinning it so that it expended what was left of it's fuel right into the sea.

"That's it, Clark," Lex's voice said, carrying clearly over the sea to Clark's ears. In a second he was back beside Lex, accepting the babywipe to get the black makeup off of his face.

"You did good," Lex said proudly.

Clark tossed the filthy wipe in the bag and accepted the next one. "Still think you should just buy North Korea." Lex's limo driver snorted and Lex smiled.

"How's my face?" Clark asked and waited patiently as Lex cleaned up the black he couldn't see.

Clark's face as a beautiful as ever, Lex thought sappily. "Perfect. You ready to head back to the hotel?"

They got into the limo and Clark leaned against Lex tiredly. "Sure. This is all of the excitement we're going to get, right?"

Lex pressed a kiss to Clark's dark hair. He'd brought them to Japan on a graduation from college trip slash vacation to show Clark the beauty of the country. He was starting with the island of Hokkaido and they'd work their way down, learning the ancient history of the people.

"I can't promise you, but I do promise we'll be there together, okay?" he said softly.

The younger man snuggled into Lex's side and breathed out a sigh. "Together."