Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
423
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,209

The Last Letter

Summary:

Rating: FRT
Summary: Severus receives a last letter from Harry, the day after he died.
Pairing: mentions Sev/Harry
Warnings: Characters death
AN: English isn't my first language and this isn't beta read.
AN2: I wrote the letter at least a year ago and recently found it again while sorting through some papers.
Archive: I'll upload it sometime next week.
Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Work Text:

The last letter
by JE

Dear Severus,

I am in the wide world as you told m e to go when you broke up with me and I can only say that it is lonely. I don't understand you. What is out here that I do not already know? I already know that life is unfair and hurts pretty much. And I'm not speaking about you breaking up with me. I already knew that before I came to Hogwarts.

I always though that you did not want a relationship with me because of our age difference, but I never thought that you did not love me. Maybe my relatives were right all along. I'm just a freak, worthless and unlovable.

I shouldn't have wasted your time. I'm apparently not designed to be loved, especially since you can't call it love when somebody wants you because of either fame, money or looks.

Maybe I shouldn't have tried to see something I wanted to see. That was truly selfish of me. Therefore I won't disturb your time anymore.

 

Love always,

Harry Potter

 

PS: I hope you like the DADA position.

 

Severus Snape stared at the letter with dead eyes. Just yesterday the Daily Prophet had reported about the sudden death of Harry Potter. The mediwizard called to his side couldn't help him anymore. His heart had just stopped beating. No one knew why that would happen so suddenly and especially not to someone of Harry's age. Severus had never heard of somebody's heart stopping at the age of 20.

And today this letter arrived. It was the answer everybody was looking for. If you believed in it that is. Severus had never believed in dieing of a broken heart, but here was Harry Potter doing exactly that and he was the reason for it. Harry Potter had died, because he, Severus Snape, was too selfish to believe that the younger man could love him. He had broken a heart so his own wouldn't be broken, because he had been afraid to get attached. Of all the deaths he had caused, this one was the worst. This one, he could have saved.

Severus wondered whether he knew that he would die. Or was it just the fact that he gave up on him ever wanting him back. He had kept all the letters he had received, none of them had been read, none of them had been answered.

 

The End