Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 13 of humorous Deathfic
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
307
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,715

humorous deathfic: I told her to hurry up and get in the car

Summary:

Fandom: CSI:NY
Genre: Gen
Rating: FRC
Warning: Deathfic
Series/Sequel: Part of my humorous deathfics page
Archive: Beyond Canon, WWOMB, my upcoming humorous deathfics page
Synopsis: Lindsay meets part of the New York nightlife they don't tell you about in the guidebooks.
AN: This story came to be because I'm busy rereading the Ballistics series by Voracity. The plot bunny fanged up and sank his teeth in my ankle.
Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Work Text:

humorous deathfic: I told her to hurry up and get in the car
by Josette Grover

Danny looks up as Mac drops onto the couch next to him, handing him a mug of coffee.

"Okay, tell me what happened?" He asks when the other man looks up at him.

"We were just finishing up the scene, I told her to hurry up because the sun was beginning to set and I didn't want to be out there after dark. She looked around and remarked that it didn't seem to be the type of neighborhood that had gangs. I told her that was because even the gangs were afraid to be out there after dark."

Mac nods, silently urging Danny to continue.

"I was just locking the cases in the trunk and was opening the door to get in, telling Montana to get in the car so we could get the hell out of there. She asked me what I was so scared of, and I told her to look around, did she see anybody else out after dark around there? She looked around and realized that I wasn't kidding and asked me what was the problem. I told her the truth, vampires."

"How did she react?"

"She laughed, and told me there was no such thing as vampires. Just then, a hand grabbed her and she turned around to yell at them, screaming when the vampire snarled at her in full game face. I was able to stake him, but Montana died of blood loss on the way to the ER." Danny shudders, still in shock but wanting to get his story out before breaking down.

"Did she say anything before she died?" Mac asks.

"Yeah, she just looked at me in disbelief and said 'We don't have those in Montana' before she died." Danny mutters.

 

end

Series this work belongs to: