Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
2,537
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
972

Conspiracy

Summary:

Uhura finds out if she’s really hallucinating after a return trip from an assignment in a newly discovered quadrant

Work Text:

Title: Conspiracy
Author: Rolletti
Email: rolletti@rolletti.com
Website: http://www.rolletti.com
Permission to archive: YES
Fandom(s): Star Trek: TOS
Genre hetero
Pairing/Characters: Spock/Uhura
Rating: FRT
Summary: Uhura finds out if she's really hallucinating after a return trip from an assignment in a newly discovered quadrant.
Disclaimer: Paramount owns all Yadda, Yadda, Yadda, What Ever

 

Conspiracy

The bridge of the Enterprise once again appeared to be teaming with crew members attending their stations. Uhura sat reacquainting herself with her communications board after being away on a long assignment with Mr. Spock, Dr. McCoy and Chekov. Her well manicured nails traveled over the board, fine tuning as if they had a mind of their own while she checked and rechecked systems. This was done not to insult Lieutenant Palmer, who replaced her while she was gone, but to assure herself her board will communicate the impossible if the need should arise. So focused and preoccupied with her project, Uhura did not notice the science officer, Mr. Spock watching her.

"Is something wrong Mr. Spock?" asked Jim Kirk as he noticed Spock's series of glances toward Uhura.

"No sir," said Spock. "I am curious to know if Lieutenant Uhura has completed the report on the different ranges of gravitation pull of interplanetary travel from the new quadrant of Psynol."

"Finishing up now Mr. Spock," said Uhura as she reached for the yellow wafer that just ejected from her computer. She reached for her PADD as well and gracefully stood up to deliver the requested items.

Every male on the bridge often took advantage of the opportunity to watch the Communications Officer move from one station to the other. It was a treat during routine assignments which tend to be monotonous at times. They observed the curvaceous beauty with respect and a secret longing they dare not voice because each saw the desire in the eye of the other.

"Here's the report you asked for, Mr. Spock."

As Spock took the PADD from her hands, Uhura leaned over to note something she perceived went unnoticed by an earlier expedition. She was pointing this out when she noticed Spock was not paying attention but ...inhaling deeply? Removing her eyes from the PADD she stopped talking and turned her attention toward the seated Spock.

"Please continue Lieutenant," said Spock

// Odd, I thought...// "Yes, sir," said Uhura.

***********************************

The day had come to an end with the evening shift officers relieving senior officers of their duty. As Uhura made her way toward the turbolift, Mr. Spock was suddenly by her side.

"After you, Lieutenant."

"Thank you, Mr. Spock."

Upon entering the turbolift, Uhura smiled at Spock as she made room for him to enter and informed the lift of her destination. Spock stood opposite her with a slightly peculiar expression that she thought she noticed on the planet during their last assignment.

// Hmm, that's strange. Spock's usual deadpan expression...// her thoughts were interrupted.

"Uhura, may I have a word with you?"

"Yes sir?" asked Uhura.

"We are off duty, Uhura. It is not necessary to stand upon formalities."

"Uhh yes sir. I mean, Spock," replied a stunned Uhura.

Standing with his hands placed behind his back, Spock ordered the computer to delay the turbolift's destination and to override all summons. Uhura watched him from the other side of the lift and was puzzled as to why he would stop the lift.

"Uhura, I am in need of your assistance. You are aware of the Captain's upcoming birthday, are you not?"

"Yes, Mr., Yes, Spock."

"It is unfortunate that I am at a loss as to what to provide in his honor for said occasion. Regardless of the years I have spent with humans, I unquestionably miscalculate and bestow inappropriate gifts."

Uhura blushed and avoided eye contact as she remembered the unexplainable present she received on her last birthday from Spock. She didn't question him about it because it was a rare thing to receive a gift of any kind or any occasion from him and she was honored.

Once again for an instant, Uhura was startled by what she thought she saw when her attention returned to Spock. After the double take the Communication Officer was beginning to wonder if she should see Dr. McCoy because of the illusions she had been experiencing since her last assignment. She could have sworn Spock was looking at her with...desire?

//How ridiculous. //

"Therefore, I have devised a plan that would surely be ostentatious yet pragmatic in the form of a gift. Uhura, are you listening?" asked Spock with furrowed brow.

"Yes, yes. I'm sorry I was uh, thinking about what you said earlier and, and, and..."

"If you would rather I speak to you at a more convenient time..."

"No, please continue Spock," replied the embarrassed Uhura as she pulled and smoothed the skirt of her uniform

With a raised brow, Spock watched her for 3.5 seconds then slowly walked toward her with his hands steepled resting on his bottom lip. Normally Spock does not invade one's personal space but...

//Is Spock deliberately standing a little closer than usual? These illusions are becoming more and more perplexing. //

"A party"

"Excuse me, Spock?"

"The gift is a party. I would prefer it to be an event of surprise although I am not knowledgeable about such matters. It is that area which I need your assistance. Are you willing to do with me as you please? Be my teacher?"

Looking up into his penetrating and captivating eyes, Uhura answered just above a whisper as she became mesmerized and her breathing unsteady, "Yes, I'd be willing."

"Indeed," he said with his hypnotic voice and a quirk of his brow.

"Is it hot in here?" asked Uhura as she began to fan herself.

"The temperature has remained the same of 76.2 degrees. Judging by the faint difference in your coloring I would ascertain your body has risen by a degree if not more."

Watching her, Spock gradually reached toward her cheek. Uhura swallowed hard and her eyes fluttered as they closed waiting in anticipation for the slender fingers to lightly caress her face, to feel his warm breath on her neck as he'd bend his head and whisper her name. //Surely this is not an illusion. //

A subsequent amount of time had passed; Uhura opened her eyes to find Spock looking at her with a slightly bemused expression on his face. Blushing from the collar up she cleared her throat, wishing she could be jettisoned out into space wearing a sign that read, FOOL.

Spock, with his hand still poised, reached over to remove a forgotten stylus tucked into Uhura's hair. This action left her speechless then horrified as this heroic deed only resulted in getting his fingers horribly intertwined in her hair along with the stylus. The more he tried to remove said objects the more tangled they became.

"If you would assist me by moving a little closer, I will then put my left arm around you like so... yes, that is it. A little closer, if you will," said Spock.

With their bodies pressed tightly against each other, Spock could feel Uhura's heart rapidly beating against his chest. She looked at him from such an embarrassing position a number of times to view if there was any progress being made. Her only reward was Spock's unreadable eyes. What she did not see was the small upturned corner of Spock's mouth each time she looked away.

"Why they'd make styluses with that little decorative piece is beyond me, not to mention that the Enterprise is the only ship which has that particular design," said Uhura as Spock gave another small tug.

"Ow," she expressed.

"I am undoubtedly stuck on you, Uhura," said Spock dropping the faint smile when she quickly looked at him again.

"If you would put your arms around me so I can look further to the side of your head to attempt another... strategy. Yes, I believe that would be sufficient. Now if you would tilt your head up like so, I may be able to complete my planned course of action."

Uhura had no choice but to look directly into the eyes of the one whom she had admired for years. She'd never been so close to him, literally, and wished it were under different circumstances.

// If someone walked in right now, they'd swear we were caught in a lover's embrace. Of course I'm not complaining. I would love to spend eternity in this position with him. Well that and other suggestive positions. Nyota Uhura! Get your mind out of the gutter girl. //

Uhura cleared her throat once again and Spock paused to look at her.

"Is there something other than the entanglement on your mind?"

Thinking about the erotic fantasy she just had, she answered, "Um, no."

"You are beginning to flush again, would you like to maneuver backwards to alleviate your uncomfortable position?"

"No!" Uhura wanted to hide as she noticed Spock's raised brow at her immediate response.

"As you wish," he said as he held her eyes a moment longer before returning to the task at hand.

//Why am I blushing like a silly school girl? I'm a mature woman and he, he...who am I kidding, he's not just any being, he's Spock. His dark brown upswept eyes make me want to melt each time I see them. And those lips, good grief they're driving me crazy, begging to be kissed and I am aching to do so..// she thought.

"Indeed," whispered Spock

Uhura's thoughts left Spock's lips as she slowly returned to his eyes. She was astonished to find him watching her instead of disentangling himself.

"Spock, why did you say, indeed?" she asked hesitantly.

"Arbitrarily I dropped my mental shield 6.5 minutes ago."

Uhura gasped with shock and disbelief as Spock held that same expression she thought she saw a number of times: on the planet, the bridge and in the turbolift. He lowered his head with each word as he said, "I heard...every...word." Softly he kissed her tender lips as she unknowingly tightened the convenient intimate embrace. With her body molded perfectly against his, Spock's hands slipped easily from her hair and lightly brushed the sides of her face. Continuing, his fingers made their way to the smoothness of her throat, down to her shoulders and back.

The electrifying emotions Uhura experienced became audible as their kiss intensified and became demanding, each stroke of his hands leaving her feeling on fire. She did not want the kiss to end, she loved the taste of him, the heat from his body and the response she received as she ran her hands through his hair at the back of his head, which she found to be a pleasure point with Vulcans.

With each cherished stroke, Spock expressed the unspoken word, the word no Vulcan will utter despite their ignored, suppressed feelings. Love.

Spock controlled himself and broke off the kiss and continued to hold her in his arms, caressing her.

"I have a confession," he said breathlessly while he watched her swollen lips and ended with her beautiful brown orbs. "I have calculated and executed... certain events and circumstances in order to achieve the results we are now experiencing. I was at a loss as to how to approach you otherwise."

By the time he uttered his last word he knew he owned her. She was completely his.

//This is not an illusion. I'm not imagining this. I'm not dreaming all this up // Uhura's knees felt as if they would not support her as Spock reclaimed her lips and drew her into another passionate kiss. She felt as if she would fly apart with the overwhelming sensation of ecstasy as he nuzzled her throat and licked her skin, swallowing her down like a desperate man. Uhura was losing control of reality; she was no longer in the sterile turbolift and no one existed in the universe but she and the one Vulcan she craved for what seemed a lifetime.

Spock's kisses became more urgent as he pinned her against the wall, losing control of the tremor he held at bay. He became transparent right before her eyes, no longer hidden behind an emotionless impregnable wall of ice. He moaned her name between the assaults of kisses, "Nyota...Nyota, I desire so much more."

**********************************************

With a gasp, Uhura opened her eyes when the buzzer to her cabin sounded and startled her. Throwing her legs over the side of her bed, she quickly reached for her robe and wrapped herself in it, wondering who could be visiting her at such an hour. When she answered the door there was Spock. He stood with his hands behind his back with a raised brow and said, "Good evening, I have come for the results and conclusion."

"The conclusion of what Spock?" said Uhura as she stifled a yawn.

"The conclusion of the experiment I personally requested you for to help me with: Vulcans sending thoughts to the human brain in the form of dreams. I told you I would send you a message of a personal nature and would come by tonight for the result and the conclusion."

"Well, either it didn't work or I've forgotten the dream."

At that moment Spock and Uhura saw doctor McCoy grinning as he walked toward them. His hair was disheveled and he didn't bother to dress. He only wore a robe and it was apparent that it was tied in haste.

"Hi Uhura, Spock. You know you're the reason I'm up? I had the wildest dream about you two and I'm on my way over to tell Jim about it. He's gonna get a kick out this," he said as he displayed a wide grin.

"Really! Spock was just saying..."

"Uhura, I am sure the good doctor is anxious to get to the Captain before he forgets his dream."

"Well, I was only going to say that Spock tried to..."

"Dr. McCoy, should you not reach the Captain before it gets much later? Dreams sometimes fade rapidly."

"Oh no chance in that Spock. Uhura, this dream was very..." McCoy began to blush and stammer as he remembered the last part of the dream.

"Yes, well, uh maybe Spock is right. I should get going. Goodnight," he bowed slightly with his southern charm and walked away, but not before stealing another suspicious glance at the couple.

"Spock, what was that dream you sent?" she asked when she caught the glance from McCoy.

"May I come in? I am more than willing to share every detail of the dream with you," never removing his eyes from hers, he stepped into her room. With a tilt of his head and a very small smile at the corner of his mouth he said, "Maybe we will arrive at the same conclusion."

"Yes, well that would be wonderful, Spock."

"Indeed."

End