Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
669
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,638

A Matter Of Nomenclature

Summary:

Post World Without Young Justice. Robin knows what Kon wants. And it isn’t just his name.

Work Text:

A Matter Of Nomenclature

It had come as a surprise, to have the world set right again, and realize that the one thing he'd wanted almost more than anything else - mostly because it would get him the one thing he wanted more than anything else - was his. "So...your name is Tim?" Robin - now with a new name - turned to face him. His answering nod was short and swift, though the skin around his eyes was tight, visible without the mask to cover them. At a loss for exactly how to broach the next topic, Kon faltered. "So...does that mean..." He hoped it did, but... Tim tilted his head to the side in question, though the knowledge of what Kon was trying to say was in his eyes. Kon huffed. Over three months ago, Kon had grabbed Robin - Tim - and dragged him up into the sky to kiss him. It had been wonderful, glorious - not perfect, but first kisses rarely were - the best kiss of his all-too-short life, and the way Robin had responded to him made Kon think he wanted it, too. But Robin had stopped him, saying only, "I can't tell you my real name, and it wouldn't be fair to you." The truth of that statement had been in his eyes; and so was his yearning that it wasn't true, wasn't standing in their way. But it was then, and it wasn't anymore. Kon hadn't really cared about fair; he knew Robin, he trusted Robin, he liked Robin, and he lusted for Robin. Just because 'Alvin' or whoever thought he was playing a part as Robin didn't mean that it was any less real than whomever he was without the mask. But while Kon wasn't the brightest crayon in the box, he wasn't stupid, and he recognized a stalling tactic when he heard one. He knew that Robin, or Alvin, or whoever just wasn't ready. Kon could wait for Robin to be ready. He wasn't renowned for his patience, but he wasn't as bad as, say, Impulse. And he could be very stubborn when it mattered. It had never mattered this much. "I know what you said, man, but...there were extenuating circumstances here, and I want to know if it still counts." Kon really didn't want to give Robin - Tim - that out, but he also didn't want him to say yes just because he felt obligated. That would be worse than him saying no. Robin's face was stone still, showing less expression than he did when he wore his mask. Kon felt his heart sink. Maybe it wasn't so much that Robin hadn't been ready, but that he'd been trying to let him down easy. But then, like the moon peeking out from behind storm clouds, a small, soft-looking smile appeared on Tim's face. "Yes, it does," Tim said, voice almost too loud in the quietness of the room. Kon was so enthralled by that smile - he really had it bad - that it took a moment for Tim's words to sink in. "Uh...oh? Oh! You mean you..." And now Tim was smirking at him, the little jerk. But also kind of blushing as he said, "Yes, I do." And he was smiling again, wider, and sort of nibbling nervously on his lower lip, and fuck, Kon had never seen anything that sexy. He wanted to be the one nibbling on that luscious lip. And Tim had said he was ready... So he could be. And he should be. So Kon kissed him. Robin, Alvin, Tim, whoever. It didn't really matter what name he went by; all Kon cared about was that Robin - Tim - was his. And he was a really good kisser.