Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
506
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
990

Secrets

Summary:

Fandom: Battlestar Galactica
Rated: FRC
Pairing: Starbuck/Cassiopeia, Apollo/Sheba
Genre: Hetero
Archive: WWOMB ONLY
Content Warning: Sadness
Synopsis: Cassiopeia has kept one secret to many from Starbuck.
COPYRIGHT 2006, BY: Rebecca Lee
THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED.
FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.
THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.
Submitted through the BattlestarGalacticaForAdults mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Secrets
by Rebecca Lee

It had been a lovely night out as Apollo, Sheba, Starbuck and Cassiopeia left the Golden Globe Lounge aboard the Rising Star.

"I guess, we had better head back to the Galactica now." Sheeba sighed as Apollo took her hand.

"It's still early-"

"Apollo and Starbuck have first patrol, tomorrow." Sheeba interrupted Cassiopeia.

"Oh, come on, sixty more centons won't hurt?" Cassiopeia said, stubbornly as she came to a direct stand still in the middle of the corridor.

"Cassi, we can't... I'm sorry, but the patrol is just to early." Starbuck replied as he turned to face her, he moved closer to her and took her hands. "Listen, Cassi, I'll bring you back when I get my furlon-"

Suddenly a man bumped into Starbuck.

"Starbuck, are you alright?" Apollo and Sheba ask as they both knelt down to help him up.

"Aegeus," Cassiopeia said in utter shock as she stared at the man, not even noticing that Starbuck had been knocked to the floor. "I- I thought you were dead."

"And I you... Thank Sagan." The man replied and hugged her. "I've missed you, Baby, so much." he added as Apollo and Sheba helped Starbuck up.

"Ha... Hum!" Apollo cleared his throat to discreetly get their attention, but it didn't work.

"Cassiopeia!" Sheba shouted, angrily.

"Who are you?" The man ask in a defensive tone as he glared at her.

Apollo and Starbuck instantly reached down and put their hands on the butt of their lasers, knowing that Sheba was unarmed.

"Aegeus, it's alright... These are my friends Captain Sheba, Captain Apollo and Lieutenant Starbuck." Cassiopeia said, quickly as she stepped in front of Aegeus.

"I'm sorry about knocking you down, Lieutenant." Aegeus said as he stepped beside Cassiopeia and wrapped one arm about her waist, he slowly reached out the other to shake Starbuck's hand. "No hard feelings?"

"None." Starbuck replied as he shook Aegeus's hand, but noticed how Cassi had let him instantly claim her. "So how do you know Cassi-"

"Starbuck, it isn't that easy-"

"Of course, it is darling." Aegeus interrupted Cassiopeia. "Cassiopeia's my wife-"

"Your wife!" Sheba and Apollo exclaimed.

"How- How long?" Starbuck stuttered.

"Seven yahrens." Aegeus replied with a smile.

Starbuck immediately turned and started to walk off with Apollo and Sheba close behind him.

"Starbuck, wait." Cassiopeia called out to him.

"Forget it, Cassi, go back to your husband-"

"You don't understand, Starbuck, please." Cassiopeia said as she ran up to him. "I didn't know Aegeus was alive, he disappeared yahrens ago-"

"Did my Father know? Or didn't you bother to tell him either?" Sheba blurted out.

"Cain has nothing to do with this." Cassiopeia replied. "Starbuck's the problem."

"Hey, there's no problem. . . Cassi, it's been fun. Have a good life together." Starbuck said as he pulled a fumarella and a small ignitor from his inner jacket pocket. "Apollo, Sheba, let's go home." He added as he lit his fumarella and walked away.

"Apollo, Sheba?" Cassiopeia cried as they all walked away.

THE END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Rebecca Lee.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.