Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
921
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
7
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,081

Somewhere in the night

Summary:

Steve surprises Jesse with a special gift.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Title: Somewhere In The Night

Author: Bobbie

Pairing: Steve/ Jesse

Archive: Please to any archiver in the group

Disclaimer: I don't own either character or the song but wish I did

Warnings: Unbeta'd, none

Summary: Steve surprises Jesse with a special gift.

 

Somewhere In The Night
by Bobbie

 

The clock read three in the afternoon as Detective Steve Sloan checked on the flowers sitting on the table while the mouth watering smell of lemon chicken filled the beach house. His father, Dr. Mark Sloan, was watching his son move around the house like a man on a mission so he picked up his bag and moved towards the door.

" I'll be back around midnight Steve. " Mark said, smiling warmly at him as Steve looked back. " Don't worry about tonight son, I left you both something in the CD player. Enjoy yourself Steve."

With that said, the older Sloan left the house and got into his car to leave for work with a smile on his face. He had left the two lovers a surprise in the CD player and wished that his son would relax.

Inside the house, the younger Sloan was trying to figure out what his dad had meant by " a surprise in the cd player" before Steve ran to make sure that the box was still on the coffee table.

// All right Steve.// The larger man thought, sitting down.// Tonight's the big night.//

Two hours had passed before the sound of his lover's car pulled in and shut off followed by the door shutting.

Footsteps climbed up the steps as the interior door opened and Jesse Travis came in to be hit by the tempting smells wafting to him from the kitchen. Steve had dimmed the lights so that the soft candlelight shimmered around the rose covered room but where was Steve?

One look out at the deck told him the answer so the young doctor moved towards the older man's shadowed form and exited the house to stand by his companion as the sun sank. The setting sun cast its reddish-orange glow over the pure blue of the ocean as it made a golden outline surround the muscled form of Steve Sloan, causing Jesse's breath to catch in his lungs.

Steve looked over at the younger man before facing him and drawing Jesse into a tender hug while kissing the top of his head.

"Welcome home babe." He said as Jesse leaned into the embrace. " Let's go inside Jess, I have a surprise for you."

Curious, Jesse followed the bigger man inside and over to the couch where he watched as Steve turned the CD player on before retrieving the small box on the coffee table. The tune swelled into words as both men exchanged looks of disbelief as the words swirled around them like a mist.

"'Time, you found time enough to love and I found love enough to hold you-'"

Steve smiled and, taking the doctor into his protective arms, said as the two men started to dance around the room, "My dad's surprise. Nice, isn't it? I don't know how he does it."

"'So tonight, I'll stir the fire you feel inside, until the flames of love enfold you. Laying beside you lost in the feeling, so glad opened my door. Come with me, somewhere in the night we will know everything lovers can know. You're my song, music to magic to end. I'll play you over and over again. Loving so warm, moving so right, closing our eyes and feeling alive. We'll just go on burning bright some where in the night.-'" Sang Barry Manilow as the lover's continued their dance until the music ended.

Jesse looked into the cop's blue eyes and saw a deep love radiating from their depths that touched the smaller man dearly.

Steve broke the embrace and, picking the box up, knelt on one knee to a very surprised Jesse who decided to sit on the couch. Was Steve going to propose to him?

Steve held his soon to be life partner's gaze before closing his eyes and drawing a breath to calm his nerves.

"Jesse." Steve said softly, looking deeply into the other man's eyes and smiling in a loving way." We've been together for six months but I love you more then life and I want the whole world to know."

"Steve-"

The dectective shook his head and held up a hand to stop the doctor's protest before his courage faltered.

"If you say no, I'll understand." Steve said in a voice laced with emotion. " But will you be my life partner Jess?"

Jesse could only stare at the ring and nod in agreement.

"Yes Steve." Jesse said, hugging the stronger man as Steve felt his tears run down his face. " But what about your dad?"

"My dad wants us to be happy Jess." Steve replied, kissing him on the cheek. " He even helped me pick it out and said that you could live here with us."

Jesse broke down and cried out his joy as Steve comforted him .

"Love is an amazing thing." his father had told him earlier." if you two were meant to be together, you'll feel it in your heart."

Thanking God that his father had been right again, Steve continued to hold Jesse and pressed the repeat button the stereo's remote to replay their song.

Love has always been a gamble for Steve but it looks like he had finally hit the jackpot and won the bet.

 

The End. ( for now)

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Bobby.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.