Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
539
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,002

Come sit by my fire

Summary:

Challenge response

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Title: Come Sit By My Fire

Author: Hudine

Date: 20th October, 2003

Paring: George/Mason

Category: Angst

 

Summary: Challenge response to, List Participation Exchange And Today's Challenges - DeadLikeMeGeneralFic

Spoilers: None

Warnings: Child Death

 

Disclaimer: Dead like me and all that is associated with it belongs to Showtime. I in no way claim any way to own any of it, I just borrowed some caricatures and things to write a little story about them, purely for the amusement of myself and others. No money was made and no copyright infringement was intended.

 

Archive: Anyone that has asked before, and anyone else just give me the URL to your website so I can take a look at what you've got :)

 

Come Sit By My Fire
by Hudine
****

 

I am watching you. Watching you as you sit next to me in front of the camp fire. You make me feel safe, like as long as I am beside you nothing can happen to me.

It was heartbreaking to have to reap the whole camp full of children, even if they where all spoiled brats. Each and every one of them was from rich families, all of them complaining about the woods and the great out doors. None had been camping before, all preferring to stay in a nice fancy five star hotel. I watched you Mason as you went through the children's things, so many high-class items among them; all for the taking now. I suppose you are just going to sell them, I should feel guilty about letting you but I don't. None of our little camping group of brats will ever need to use them again, all have been wiped out by the flash flood that covered the area overnight.

I can't help but wonder if their screams of terror will haunt you inside forever, like I know they really will for me. Or does being a reaper for over forty years really make you oblivious to the tragedies that go on in front of your own eyes, can you really just turn your back and do nothing? I am only learning, I am not as used to it as you. Every one has to die, and every soul must be released from their bodies, but it doesn't mean I have to like doing it. Sitting watching death after death powerless to help.

As a tear escapes from my eye, you notice, you come over to me and comfort me. You say 'George there was nothing we could do. All those children would have been trapped in their bodies and souls wilted.' As you put an arm around me and draw me into you I feel more at ease. The smell of you is enough to light up my senses, and make me feel relaxed, because I know nothing will ever happen to me, as long as I am in your arms. I should have told you I loved you then Mason, because I really did right from the beginning. But alas I was feeling too down to say anything, leave it for another time, always for another time. As I think of this I cry, for our little group of spoiled brats will never have another time again.

 

.End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Hudine.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.