Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,093
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
870

Low's and High's

Summary:

Warrick's not happy when people flirt with Nick.

Work Text:

Title: Low's and High's

Author: SongStar

Email: SongStar22@aol.com

Rating: PG

Series: No

Paring: Warrick/Nick

Archive: Here and the Warrick/Nick yahoo group. Anywhere else, please let me know.

Category: Drama, Episode related. Pre-slash

Spoilers: High and Low

Summary: Warrick's not happy when people flirt with Nick.

Disclaimer: CSI, Warrick and Nick all belong to the creator of CSI and CBS. I'll put them back when I'm finished with them. Maybe Author's Notes: I've been working on several longer fics recently and this one suddenly decided that it wanted to get written last week, so i listened to it. Its really short but I may expand on it later. My thanks to Kat for betaing this for me.

 

Low's and High's
By SongStar

"That guy is guilty." Nick said as they left the sports store with their purchase. "I just know it."

Warrick grunted a response, but didn't say anything as they walked to the car.

"What's wrong with you?" Nick asked, laughing just a little "Did you want to give that girl your number? I can wait."

That earned Nick a glare as Warrick got the car unlocked. "Get in." he growled.

Nick frowned, tilting his head just a little. Warrick was pissed for some reason.

They got in, Warrick started the car, and pulled away from the curb.

"That guy was definitely our killer."

"I'll tell Grissom your jumping to conclusions without examining all the evidence. " Warrick answered grouchily.

Nick frowned again and then chuckled just a little, "Really, Warrick. What's gotten into you all of a sudden."

Warrick didn't say anything for a moment "You can be so clueless sometimes." he muttered finally.

"Excuse me?" Nick asked, taken aback. "I'm what?" It seemed that Warrick wanted to start a fight or something.

"Your clueless." Warrick reiterated. "That guy was flirting with you."

Nick's mouth dropped open. "He was flirting...what?" he sputtered. "He was not."

"He was to." Warrick said firmly, glancing over at him.

Nick snorted, "Your just seeing things."

Warrick shook his head, "No, I'm not. A lot of people, both men and women, flirt with you. You just never notice."

Nick wasn't sure if he should be pissed or what with him "Why does it matter?" he asked finally

Warrick frowned, "I just don't like it."

And that was that, Warrick didn't say anything further leaving Nick to ponder over things.

***

Warrick still hadn't cooled off any by the time they got back to the lab and got Greg to run the prints. He was even snapping when he realized that they didn't have much evidence to go on.

Nick really didn't get it, but his mind was turning it over anyway. Finally when Greg threw them both out of the lab, he and Warrick retreated to one of the other labs to theorize and run evidence.

"So." Nick started, curious, knowing he was probably heading for trouble. "You don't like it when other people flirt with me."

Warrick grunted, but didn't answer.

"Come on man, talk to me." Nick prodded.

"Nick," Warrick sighed, "No, I don't like it when other people flirt with you."

"Your jealous." Nick stated, not sure how he felt about saying that.

"Maybe I am." Warrick answered after a moment and then gestured towards the computer. "The evidence isn't going to work itself. I'd like to get this case over with sometime this year."

Nick frowned and then sighed as he sat down at the computer. "Alright, just calm down." he said.

And as they worked, Warrick did start to calm down until finally he was more of his old self. However Nick pondered more on the issue about Warrick being jealous.

***

They finally found Jimmy's canopy and hauled in Rick Weston right after that for questioning. But they had to let him go because they didn't have any real evidence to link him just yet.

Putting together more evidence finally led them to brining in Dax for questioning. The guy was a cocky jerk that was for sure and they soon had him linked to the murder. Nick had looked over at Warrick as Brass was reading the guy his rights and could tell that the other man was rather pleased with the fact.

"I'm heading out." Nick said as they left the interrogation room together.

"Okay." Warrick answered, "Talk to you later." he added as he wandered off towards the locker rooms.

Nick frowned as he watched him go, but shook his head and then left himself.

***

Paragliding over the land, gave Nick plenty of time to ponder over the whole deal with Warrick. He finally came to the conclusion that his friend must have feelings for him and thinking back over things, he realized there had been clues, but he had not paid attention to them.

Truth was, Nick had feelings for Warrick to but never thought Warrick could feel the same way. All the years of friendly competitions, the friendship that they had struck up, had just eventually left Nick with feeling something more for Warrick. But he always had just buried down inside and tried to not think about it. Now with Warrick declaring that he was jealous when others flirted with him, they were going to have to address the issue.

He would just have to call Warrick when he got home. But as he finally landed back on solid ground over an hour later, he found that he didn't have to. Warrick had come to meet him.

"Hi." Nick greeted warily, but still feeling the adrenaline rush from being up in the air. "How'd you figure I was here?"

Warrick shrugged as he walked over "You said you'd like to try it. I just figured you'd might be here." he stopped and sighed. "Listen, I apologize for being a jerk."

Nick smiled a little "It's alright. You were pissed." he answered as he got out of his harness.

Warrick nodded and watched as Nick gathered the gear and walked with him to his car. "Listen, lets go somewhere and talk." he said finally.

Nick smiled as he opened his car and put the gear inside, "We probably should." he answered as he shut the door.

"Then lets get out of here." Warrick said.

"Sounds good to me." Nick answered as Warrick smiled at him.

 

End