Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,015
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
755

You're My Home

Summary:

Pairing: J/B
Catagory: The Sentinel
Rating: FRT13 for slightly strong language
Warnings: Not betaed, so all mistakes are mine, mine I tell you, mine. Bwhnhahahahahahah... oh sorry. I'm fine now.
Summary: Jim comes home, hears Blair singing.
Submitted through the SenseXangstRevisited mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

You're My Home
By Peggy R.

Blair sat on the couch, inside his and Jim's apartment at 852 Prospect, wondering just when his feelings had changed for his roommate.

Yes, Blair Sandburg, (the human equivalent of a rabbit, jumping from hole to hole,) wants a one on one, forever relationship with his male, very straight, roommate.

`Yeah, like that would ever happen,' Blair thought to himself. `the minute I'd say anything to him, I'd find my ass out on the street, hopefully with my teeth intact.'

Feeling a little lost and alone he got up and walked into his little bedroom and retrieved his guitar. He didn't play it very often, usually just when he was feeling rather down.Like today. He had been thinking about all the places he been in his life. All the different homes he'd lived in with his mother, Naomi. But never staying very long at any of them. Jim. The one word meant home to him. Jim had given him that. Permanence, he'd never had that. Someplace to come back to, someplace that would always be there, no matter what. But more then that, it was Jim. Wherever Jim was, he was home. It didn't matter if they were at the PD or in a cabin somewhere or even in a tent under the stars. It was Jim, Jim was his home.

Blair started to softly strum his guitar, letting his mind wonder for a bit, then he started to sing,

 

When you look into my eyes
And see the crazy gypsy in my soul
It always comes as a surprise
When I feel my withered roots begin to grow
Well I never had a place that I could call my very own
That's all right, my love, `cause you're my home

When you touch my weary head
And you tell me everything will be all right
You say, "use my body for your bed
And my love will keep you warm throughout the night"
Well I'll never be a stranger and I'll never be alone
Whenever we're together, that's my home

Home can be the Pennsylvania turnpike
Indiana's early morning dew
High up in the hills of California
Home is just another word for you

Well I never had a place that I could call my very own
That's alright, my love, `cause you're my home

If I travel all my life
And I never get to stop and settle down
Long as I have you by my side
There's a roof above and good walls all around
You're my castle, you're my cabin and my instant pleasure dome
I need you in my house `cause you're my home.

You're my home.

 

He continued to strum the cords for a few more seconds just thinking, until he heard someone clearing their throat. He quickly looked toward the door, "JIM!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

`God it's been a long fucking day, I'll be so glad to get home. I wonder what Sandburg's got on the menu for dinner tonight.' Jim thought to himself, while driving home. He was exhausted after chasing down a robbery suspect, then interrogation, then the seemingly non-stop paperwork.

Jim pulled the truck into his parking space, left the truck and entered the apartment building. Once he reached the third floor, he heard music coming from his apartment. Blair was singing, `I didn't know he could sing,' Jim thought to himself, `he's pretty good.' Then he started listening to the words. Unlocking the door and entering, he stopped just inside the door and continued listening. Once the song had ended, Jim cleared his throat.

Blair whipped around, looking toward the door, "JIM!"

"I didn't know you could sing, Chief." Jim said, closing the door and walking toward the couch.

"Um... yeah, I'm not to good, but I love to sing just the same."

"So... who were you singing about? I know it wasn't Naomi," Jim stated chuckling a little.

"Uh... no," Blair answered chuckling also, nervously looking away.

"A new girlfriend, maybe?" Jim pressed hoping, against hope, that wasn't the case.

"No, no... no girlfriend."

"Then who, Chief?" Jim asked softly.

"You." Blair whispered sentinel soft.

"What?" Jim asked, knowing perfectly well what had been said, he just wanted to be sure he had heard right. He couldn't afford to be wrong about this. He had been in love with his roommate for longer then he could remember. His, different woman every other day, partner seemed to not even notice him in the manner he craved. They'd both been so blind.

"You," Blair answered even softer then before.

"Thank god."

Now it was Blair's turn, "What?"

"Blair, what was the song about?"

"Oh uh... I heard it along time ago, it's called `You're My Home', by Billy Joel. It said everything I felt... everything I feel... for you," The young anthro student replied, looking down at his hands, still holding his guitar, almost as protection.

"First thing, lets get rid of this," Jim removed the guitar from Blair's grasp and placed it on the floor at the end of the couch. He then sat down next to the nervous young man.

"Jim... I'm sorry... I can be out....."

"Shhh.." Jim whispered, placing his finger across his partners lips, effectively silencing him, for a moment.

"But..."

"What does it take to keep you quiet for longer then a second, Chief? Ah, I got it."

Jim leaned toward the slightly stunned young man, kissing him quiet. Blair's arms slowly came up to hook around Jim, holding him tight. Pulling back slightly, and looking down into the face of the man he loved, Jim whispered, "I've wanted to do that for so long."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Me too, big guy. Why'd we wait so long?"

"Because we are two very stupid, stupid men, Chief."

"Not anymore."

"No, not anymore. I love you, Blair. I don't want anyone else, but you, ever."

"I love you too, Jim. Forever."

Jim pulled Blair into a tight hug. As he held onto his new lover, he heard Blair sigh and whisper, "I'm home, I'm finally home."

THE END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Peggy R.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.