Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-06-22
Words:
929
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
3
Kudos:
15
Bookmarks:
4
Hits:
1,820

A Day in the West

Summary:

Sheppard and his team go to a world that looks remarkably like the Old West, and protecting this world is a group of hired guns. SGA/Magnificent 7 crossover; John/Ronon, Chris/Vin, Rodney/Ezra

Chapter 1: Cue the tumbleweeds

Chapter Text

A Day in the West
by Never

"Is there going to be a lynching at high noon?" Rodney asked, surveying the Old West style town. Several filthy, wooden buildings ran along side the single dirt road. He glanced at the worn signs above each door, reading them aloud, "A newspaper, a general store...a saloon!"

Sheppard looked to the ground a few feet in front of him. "It looks like someone cued the tumble weeds." Still watching the town for signs of life, he asked the two alien members of his team, "Have either of you been here before?"

"No," was Ronon's abrupt answer.

Teyla took a step forward and elaborated, "I have never seen buildings like this on any world I have visited."

"There may be a reason for that...this town is a long way from the gate so they probably don't get many visitors," John speculated.

"No, we don't," a scruffy man with a cowboy hat covering his long hair stepped out of the saloon. And resting on his shoulder for all to see was a rifle.

"I'm Lt. Col. John Sheppard. This is Dr. Rodney McKay, Ronon Dex, and Teyla Emmagen. We're here looking for trade partners."

From across the street, a one-armed man with a mustache and a goatee called out, "Sure got a lot of guns." From the distance, Sheppard could see a six-shooter hanging from the man's hip.

"Especially for such a peaceful endeavor," a clean-shaven man with a red velvet jacket and thick accent said from just behind them.

Before Ronon could draw his weapon, John stayed him by just raising his hand. However, the giant still moved in closer to Sheppard, just in case.

John remained calm as he replied, "They're just for protection. We don't want to cause any trouble."

"That's good," a man in black smiled, his hand resting near his gun as he walked to the position just a few feet in front of Sheppard. It was perfectly clear that he was the leader of the band of men. "Still want to talk about trade?" he asked.

John glanced at the four men surrounding them, all ready to fight, but not drawing their weapons yet, except for the man with the rifle. Nodding, he answered, "Yeah. We do."

The man in black smiled wider, "Alright." He gestured towards the saloon, saying, "After you."

-tbc-