Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 30 of humorous Deathfic
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
395
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,337

humorous deathfic: Who you gonna call?

Summary:

Fandom: CSI:NY/Unidentified fandom to be announced (The title might be a giveaway though)
Genre: Gen
Rating: FRC
Warning: Deathfic (I write anything else anymore?)
Series/Sequel: Part of my humorous deathfic series
Archive: Beyond Canon, WWOMB, my humorous deathfic page (In progress)
Synopsis: Lindsay and Danny are out of a case. Only Danny comes back alive.
AN: I had a real ghostbusters bunny nibble on me this weekend (along with the Doogie Howser vampire idea I tormented the sylum list with) and this is the result.
Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Work Text:

humorous deathfic: Who you gonna call?
by Josette Grover

"Okay Danny, tell me what happened again?"

"We were called on a crime scene, and after processing the scene we went hunting for witnesses in the neighborhood, we found an old firehouse that had been renovated to house a private business." Danny says, his lips beginning to twitch despite standing over the slab his former coworker is currently lying on. The only outward signs of injury is a lump on her forehead.

"And?" Mac says patiently, pinching the bridge of his nose to fight off the headache that's arrived full blown. Sheldon, recognizing the signs, walks out of the room, returning with two advil from the morgue's first aid kit and a glass of water. Mac gives him a grateful look and swallows the pills, making a hand motion for Danny to continue his story.

"Anyway," Danny says snickering. "The firehouse in question turned out to be the headquarters of the Ghostbusters . . ."

"You met the Ghostbusters? Aww man, I KNEW I should have taken that call." Don says, pouting as he comes in the room. "The Ghostbusters are part of living in New York."

"Well, you know what Montana's first words were when we got there, right?" Danny asks. Sheldon, Mac, Don, Stella, and Danny open their mouths, grinning. "We don't have those in Montana." they all say in unison, expertly mimicking Lindsay's whine.

"Anyway, they got this ghost thing that hangs around the firehouse, kinda their mascot. Montana and that thing took one look at each other and each took off screaming. The ghost, they call it Slimer, went through a wall. Montana ran into the other wall. I thought she'd just knocked herself out, but when we got over there, she wasn't breathing. She was pronounced DOA on arrival at the hospital."

"You have their number in case we need it for the final report?" Mac asks, looking down at Lindsay before walking away.

"Yeah, I thought I'd keep it around in case something happened and we needed them to trap Montana."

"Trap Lindsay?" Stella asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, in case she ends up haunting the lab." Danny snickers. "Funny thing is, I would have thought as stubborn as Montana is, she would have had an harder head."

end

Series this work belongs to: